Top tip: Watch out for pickpockets at all times

@chris s I posted this earlier in the thread, but i used this https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/leather-classic-ladies-wristlet-and-cosmetic-bag-black/6000193007583 last year.

yeah yeah, it's a ladies handbag, but it worked well. i put the loop around my belt and just carried my cash inside. I could have put my phone on the external pocket it had but I took a risk and just carried it like normal.

You just have to wary of the San Antonio fountain area after midnight for any dancing fools who may rip you off. I never had an issue in the clubs but I guess others have.

I'm considering making signs and putting them around San An this year...

*Not Ibiza. I was in a town in Andalucia just before xmas, wandering around with a rucksack over one shoulder.
I remember the last time I went into the bag for something. About 30 minutes later I went to open the bag again and the outside pocket was zips wide open, the only thing missing was a zip up pouch, which I suppose might look like a purse or wallet, actually it was a manicure set. (I know, I know) During this time I wasn't aware of anyone even being close to me. Had to go to Mercadona for some new nail clippers and tweezers, €4 down the drain. It will happen anywhere and everywhere.
All this time, you were a girl!!:lol:

i fell to stick to this post
ive been robbed first time in my life in Paris in a place i know famous for pickpockets this morning (midle east non paper blokes) :mad:
2mn with no focusing, letting first time my cellphone in side pocket :rolleyes: instead inside pocke as im used , add side effect of last party, my cellphone have been robbed; the one my french ibz mate saved my life closing 16 in selling his one for fair cheap price.
For ibz 17, i will be very watchful , even minds fuzzy :D
ps:is this this post icey was banned from chargin kind of people?:D i dont think he is racist but sometimes truth can hurt some (square) people :p

ive been robbed first time in my life in Paris in a place i know famous for pickpockets this morning (midle east non paper blokes) :mad:
2mn with no focusing, letting first time my cellphone in side pocket :rolleyes: instead inside pocke as im used , add side effect of last party, my cellphone have been robbed; the one my french ibz mate saved my life closing 16 in selling his one for fair cheap price.
ps:is this this post icey was banned from chargin kind of people?:D i dont think he is racist but sometimes truth can hurt some (square) people :p

Not cool, are you able to track the phone? (If thats an option) to at least see where it ends up.

the phone had no value, mate sold it at 30€, as it was not my phone i cant track it
there was pics of plane tickets for ibz opening & ibz tickets such as ims,dc10 opening elrow opening, amnesia opening :confused:, hoping they wont try to sell use them as its with my name last name but clubs dont ask for id ..

Daytime is relatively safe, but at night the regular muggers, hookers, dealers, and street traders will frequent the same locations. Primarily San Antonio after 3am. I've walked by them so often that I know which streets to avoid and instinctively know when to cross the road. I've seen one particular mugger so often that I waved to him. Despite their dodgy business nobody seems to be bothered by them. I'm not sure the police are bothered either. I think when it comes to protecting the public the police understandably give their own citizens their full priority and protection.

My phone was pickpocketed last year whilst walking back to my hotel in San An.. the guy approached me to make conversation and seemed completely sober, Luckily noticing this it raised my suspicions so I immediately checked my pocket and my phone was gone! i threatened him very menacingly(probably not too wise, but it worked) plenty of times and with a quick wave a guy came back with my phone. I was amazed they even got the phone out as my shorts were tight and it was a struggle to actually get it out anyway :lol:

Last edited:
Why didn't you knock them out with the drum??????

It was my 6th time to Ibiza this year, 5th time to Playa en Bossa but unfortunately in 2015 I had my phone stolen out of my pocket and in 2017 I had both my wallet and phone stolen in 2 separate incidents. In all the previous times I had been to Ibiza in 2008. 2010, 2011, 2012 I never had bad luck with keeping things in my pockets. I never keep any cards in my wallets anyway so the wallet has never been a big issue but loosing your phone is always more hassle especially when you want to use it to take holiday photos and communicate with people back home. in 2015 my phone was taken out of my pocket in Space. Just last week (June 2017) I had a terrible experience in HI club (formerly space) where a member of bar staff snatched my wallet and called security. The security guard came over and I told him she had my wallet but he didn't care, they probably do it all the time, I left as I didn't want to get jumped by 10 bouncers. I said to them outside I will call the Police, and they said "go call the police", they didn't care one bit. The local police are probably all in on it too. Then just 2 days later I was at Bora Bora and popped to Murphys bar and in 1 of those 2 bars my phone was stolen from my pocket. I went to the police station and got a police crime reference number but all I got was arrogance from the police officer. In fact on the form you have to fill in to report the crime they have a list of about 50 different types of items and you have to tick one which has been stolen, e.g. bag, or car, or bike and they didn't even have an option for mobile phone, you had to list it in the other section.

A few days later I ended up in Murphys bar again and it was in the corner of the bar downstairs standing near the wall and 4 girls got in the little space next to me near the wall which I found a bit odd. I was obviously more on edge because of what had happened, i didn't have much else to lose anyway other than cash in my pocket. I had a bad feeling and I looked down towards my pocket and her hand was right near my pocket and as I looked she dropped a bit of paper on the floor. I reckon that was a sneaky way of pretending she was chucking a piece of paper away when really she was trying to slip her hand in my pocket. As I moved away they seemed to be aware that I had noticed what they were up to.

But anyway I use to love Playa en Bossa but my opinion of it has gone down now a bit now. I still had a good time as my friends and I made it a good time but what was particularly rubbish this year was the drinks in many of the bars were extremely watered down. When you pay for a vodka and there's no taste of vodka in it you're getting scammed. That combined with prostitutes roaming the streets, pick pockets everywhere, arrogance from Police and club bouncers and general Shite / theiving customer service from Spanish who do not like giving out information and look at you like a piece of crap it leaves you with a bitter taste in your mouth and makes me wonder if I will go back to Playa en Bossa ever again.

Playa en Bossa has a serious pickpocket problem, I have traveled to lots of places and have never lost my phone or wallet but to have them stolen from me on both of my last 2 trips to Ibiza proves this. If you have any intention on getting drunk on nights out, you're best to leave your phone and wallet in your room and just bring cash.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that, I know how you feel. I have a woman's wrist wallet that I'm using to secure my stuff with. I loop the wrist part to my belt.

I just bought a new phone tho so I dunno what I'm gonna do to secure that. Its awful that hÏ stole your wallet, as if they're not robbing you with those atrocious prices on drinks

It was my 6th time to Ibiza this year, 5th time to Playa en Bossa but unfortunately in 2015 I had my phone stolen out of my pocket and in 2017 I had both my wallet and phone stolen in 2 separate incidents. In all the previous times I had been to Ibiza in 2008. 2010, 2011, 2012 I never had bad luck with keeping things in my pockets. I never keep any cards in my wallets anyway so the wallet has never been a big issue but loosing your phone is always more hassle especially when you want to use it to take holiday photos and communicate with people back home. in 2015 my phone was taken out of my pocket in Space. Just last week (June 2017) I had a terrible experience in HI club (formerly space) where a member of bar staff snatched my wallet and called security. The security guard came over and I told him she had my wallet but he didn't care, they probably do it all the time, I left as I didn't want to get jumped by 10 bouncers. I said to them outside I will call the Police, and they said "go call the police", they didn't care one bit. The local police are probably all in on it too. Then just 2 days later I was at Bora Bora and popped to Murphys bar and in 1 of those 2 bars my phone was stolen from my pocket. I went to the police station and got a police crime reference number but all I got was arrogance from the police officer. In fact on the form you have to fill in to report the crime they have a list of about 50 different types of items and you have to tick one which has been stolen, e.g. bag, or car, or bike and they didn't even have an option for mobile phone, you had to list it in the other section.

A few days later I ended up in Murphys bar again and it was in the corner of the bar downstairs standing near the wall and 4 girls got in the little space next to me near the wall which I found a bit odd. I was obviously more on edge because of what had happened, i didn't have much else to lose anyway other than cash in my pocket. I had a bad feeling and I looked down towards my pocket and her hand was right near my pocket and as I looked she dropped a bit of paper on the floor. I reckon that was a sneaky way of pretending she was chucking a piece of paper away when really she was trying to slip her hand in my pocket. As I moved away they seemed to be aware that I had noticed what they were up to.

But anyway I use to love Playa en Bossa but my opinion of it has gone down now a bit now. I still had a good time as my friends and I made it a good time but what was particularly rubbish this year was the drinks in many of the bars were extremely watered down. When you pay for a vodka and there's no taste of vodka in it you're getting scammed. That combined with prostitutes roaming the streets, pick pockets everywhere, arrogance from Police and club bouncers and general Shite / theiving customer service from Spanish who do not like giving out information and look at you like a piece of crap it leaves you with a bitter taste in your mouth and makes me wonder if I will go back to Playa en Bossa ever again.

Playa en Bossa has a serious pickpocket problem, I have traveled to lots of places and have never lost my phone or wallet but to have them stolen from me on both of my last 2 trips to Ibiza proves this. If you have any intention on getting drunk on nights out, you're best to leave your phone and wallet in your room and just bring cash.

Interesting read. Last weekend my other halfs brother was out and got mugged on the road next to White Island Hotel as you go down to Nassau. Literally 3 guys stopped and demanded his wallet (about 11PM). He was on his own so that was it he had to hand over. PDB always been bad but seems almost organised crime listening to some of the stories.

Interesting read. Last weekend my other halfs brother was out and got mugged on the road next to White Island Hotel as you go down to Nassau. Literally 3 guys stopped and demanded his wallet (about 11PM). He was on his own so that was it he had to hand over. PDB always been bad but seems almost organised crime listening to some of the stories.

Wow man... They didn't even try to sneakily take it from him?? It's escalating now

Yep the bar woman snatched my wallet as I got it out of my pocket then put it on top of some glasses behind the bar and called security. I was drunk but I remember it clearly. No bouncer would help or care. It's operated by crooks. I even contacted the club and no response.

Was talking to a Welsh guy last week in San an and he was saying an African girl danced up to him in linekars for a while then left! He realised he was missing a130 euros walked outside and seen the same girl handing money to an African guy he confronted them and ended up in a fight then he was barred from linekars! Anybody nearly caught with the looky looky women tying bracelets on them this year?

Obviously if you're alone you're more of a target or if you look like you don't know where you are going I'd say

Not surprised to hear more stories like this about bossa, the whole money money money VIP thing that the area is about lately is likely to attract more crime, certainly organised crime. I only ever went for Space anyway, will be avoiding completely this year I think. You have to keep your wits about you everywhere, the women in San An are notorious for example (I have a friend who was robbed when alone and very drunk, and he's not the smallest of fellas).

Was in Barcelona recently and sat outside the hotel (on a quiet road) having a coffee with a friend, i had my bag on the table and the security guard from the hotel comes over and tells me to put it on my lap. I'm well aware of the pickpocketing in Barcelona and had my eye on it so I thought it was a bit overkill, but then he pointed out these guys who'd been casually cycling past now and again, I hadn't even noticed them.

One thing I always do in Ibiza is make sure my handbag (always a small one) has got a proper fastening on it and make it as difficult as poss to get in, e.g. Zip it up then tuck the zipper in, or if it's got a folding flap then wear that side closest to my body if that makes sense, so the side facing outwards is just the back of the bag. I tend to wear it across my body too. Not helpful for men but might be useful for women; if you're going with a woman maybe put your phone in her bag if your pockets are pick-able? Again sounds like overkill but after being pickpocketed in Pacha years ago I'd rather be cautious. Definitely don't make a big show of having your phone out or flashing your cash anyway.

Do you think some people are more of a target than others?

Alone and drunk definitely, but I reckon there's no discrimination between men, women, big men, little men, nationalities, they're so good at it I feel like they've got the confidence to try with whoever.

Back