Top Ten Spotlight Threads Evah!

Since you asked... :D;)

My personal fave Spotlight moment, is a PM from a reasonably well known (we're talking a 4 figure post count) member of our community, following a thread where I lauded a particular Legend's latest acheivement, asking if was really Bob Sinclar himself.

Of course, paralysed to respond with anything other than an affirmative, dropping a few rarely know facts (real name is Chris etc), and demanded assurances that my secret would be safe with him, all with a few Gallic spelling mistakes.

I was then treated to not only a follow up of adulation and an assurance that he wouldn't tell a soul. Further joy came from the Golden Egg laying goose with, after periods of inactivity, requests for GL ("sure, no problem, though not sure if they'll work") before "I" played in this guy's hometown (in South America), and then after the event he recalled a moment when he introduced himself ("Ah, that was you, sorry I didn't hear you that well at the time").

If he's reading this (and I don't think he posts anymore, though it was a lot smaller in 'those days' and everyone has an alias now), then I'm genuinely sorry. :oops::D
This is still one of the Spotlight things EVAH! :lol:

Back