Top Ten Spotlight Threads Evah!

I always chuckle at the account of Morbyd and (the rather stand-offish) x-amount finally meeting in the flesh :lol:

Paris400000 has a few entries also (but she wants you to forget it now - as if)

Oh and the thread from the mad yanks going on about the Euro Pop and Bubble dance

and the HI IM A BIG CHEESE IN THE FASHION INDUSTRY, WHO DO I SEE ABOUT VIP? was amusing as well.

Where's that yank fella who wrote in the shouty capitals, block letters, size 7, txt spk in blue???

The "I'll shoot anyone of you" thread. Did it get deleted???? that was pure hilarity.

Link please :p

i'm pretty sure it was in someone's 2006 review

while waiting to board the good ship Buckley, john swooped in for the hug, dan dodged with words to the effect "steady mate, a handshake will do"

or something along those lines

perhaps in my head it was always funnier

while waiting to board the good ship Buckley, john swooped in for the hug, dan dodged with words to the effect "steady mate, a handshake will do"

or something along those lines
That about sums it up :lol: :lol: :lol:

It was a classic moment :lol:

That about sums it up :lol: :lol: :lol:

It was a classic moment :lol:

What an arsehole that man was (not you John ;) ).

Ashamed as I am of my embarassing past, remember kids, it's only a mistake if you don't learn from it. :oops::oops::oops:

And look where we are now (ahhhhh!) ;)

that could tip a few people over the edge if we start offering those for public consumption..... :lol::lol::lol:

its already highly charged on here these days....:lol:

Since you asked... :D;)

My personal fave Spotlight moment, is a PM from a reasonably well known (we're talking a 4 figure post count) member of our community, following a thread where I lauded a particular Legend's latest acheivement, asking if was really Bob Sinclar himself.

Of course, paralysed to respond with anything other than an affirmative, dropping a few rarely know facts (real name is Chris etc), and demanded assurances that my secret would be safe with him, all with a few Gallic spelling mistakes.

I was then treated to not only a follow up of adulation and an assurance that he wouldn't tell a soul. Further joy came from the Golden Egg laying goose with, after periods of inactivity, requests for GL ("sure, no problem, though not sure if they'll work") before "I" played in this guy's hometown (in South America), and then after the event he recalled a moment when he introduced himself ("Ah, that was you, sorry I didn't hear you that well at the time").

If he's reading this (and I don't think he posts anymore, though it was a lot smaller in 'those days' and everyone has an alias now), then I'm genuinely sorry. :oops::D

did I really say all those things?? :eek: Soz becks :oops:

most of the ones buckley mentions at the top plus the many, many threads where Johnny 69 used to have a complete meltdown, implode and then take his ball home in a big huff!!

No offence taken. I can't believe my horsey thread made the top 10 though! There's loads better than that :lol:

Back