Today is.........

Fronty

My last day as an Estate Agent :)
Have loved the job but had an amazing oportunity elswhere to good to refuse.

Good Luck in your new venture mate - can imagine the housing market might be a little slow at the moment?..... All the best for the future anyway.

My friend is trying to buy his first house round east london , any advice from an ex - estate agent?

My other half is an estate agent, very likely losing his job next week :cry:

Oh no which estate agent Emma (put the initials if you don't want to say :lol:). Tom is an estate agent but touch wood his job is fine cos he's in a busy office and they've got a huge rental market. Could he do rentals??

Oh no which estate agent Emma (put the initials if you don't want to say :lol:). Tom is an estate agent but touch wood his job is fine cos he's in a busy office and they've got a huge rental market. Could he do rentals??
Did you tell me once that Tom works down in the deep SW? What's he thinking these days? Good time to buy or wait for some more economic carnage? Are prices coming down any more?

I'm itching to buy property somewhere but not here (prices still insane!)... considering London, Ibiza or where my parents live in the States...

Did you tell me once that Tom works down in the deep SW? What's he thinking these days? Good time to buy or wait for some more economic carnage? Are prices coming down any more?

I'm itching to buy property somewhere but not here (prices still insane!)... considering London, Ibiza or where my parents live in the States...

He used to work Twickenham/Teddington/Hampton areas, he's now in Ealing.

There's some good buys to have at the mo cos sellers's are being realistic with their prices, the problem over here is that some people (esp first time buyers or people who mortgaged themselves up the max) can't get mortgages/remortgage so that's causing a lot of the housing problems over here.

My mated has just closed on a great deal in Orlando - for rental purposes - you get a lot of house for your £ there - as long as you dont mind the poss of losing it in a hurrican ..... :confused:

Shes pretty much got it booked out for the first 6 months of the rental period -

my views on estate agents are unprintable on a family-friendly forum such as this

I read a survey that showed that only politicians, paedos and crackwhores are regarded with even less respect...

Now is a fantastic time to buy - people are taking really good offers. Thing is if there buying on you can make a cheeky bid because the chances are they can pass the knock down the chain, thats how ive been selling houses last few months by just building the chains up.

I would say now is the best time to buy if you can get the finance (which is very difficult at the moment)

For those that asked im going to be a broker for a company chatering private jets which is more money and less hours with weekends off !

Very looking forward to it, have loved my job but now feels just the right time to seek pastures new.

Ya, Dave, spill the beans!

Is it something full-time related to How Clean Is Your House or music in general?

How've you been, by the way?

Im fine mate Deffo gotta catch up next time your in london, pm me your number think i lost it and ill hook you up a txt!

I would say now is the best time to buy if you can get the finance (which is very difficult at the moment)

I'd disagree Fronty, the economy's gonna get worse not better and hence house prices are gonna keep on dropping. What are we in now, August, Feb or so will be the bottom, so that's when you want to buy.....

You can have that on me folks.

Im only going by the prices where i am in thanet, there really are rock bottom
as soon as mortgage lenders are more flexible the prices will pick up. Here all the old investors are coming back out the woodwork and they want half price gold proof a good time to buy

There's some good repo bargains around if you pass a few favours around.

Admittedly I'm talking about London and we'll bottom out later than the rest of the country.

My mated has just closed on a great deal in Orlando - for rental purposes - you get a lot of house for your £ there - as long as you dont mind the poss of losing it in a hurrican ..... :confused:

Shes pretty much got it booked out for the first 6 months of the rental period -
I've looked at places in Tampa on the 'net. For around 100,000 pounds you could have a 3-bedroom house in a gated community with a swimming pool!

So, as far as the UK is concerned, the prices are down but it's hard to get a mortgage so you probably have to front a larger portion of the purchase price than before?

Back