Time Warp 2020

Shawn18

Here is the line up for Time Warp 2020. As always the usual headliners and a few newbies. Looking forward to it :)

Attachments

• IMG_6323.jpeg
    IMG_6323.jpeg
    328.1 KB · Views: 26
I like that the lineup is on the heavy-side this time around with I Hate Models etc playing instead of the likes of TOU.

Glad that Cox isnt there.

I won’t be in attendance this year but for anyone thinking about it I can not recommend it enough!

Easily the best festival I’ve ever been too - meticulously organised (as you would imagine from Germans), sound and visuals superb and an amazing lineup. It’s incredibly intense but that’s what makes it magic!

Enjoy anyone in attendance!

I won’t be in attendance this year but for anyone thinking about it I can not recommend it enough!

Easily the best festival I’ve ever been too - meticulously organised (as you would imagine from Germans), sound and visuals superb and an amazing lineup. It’s incredibly intense but that’s what makes it magic!

Enjoy anyone in attendance!

Lolwut. Timewarp isn't intense in the slightest. Its a festival type vibe with quite alot of business techno.

Business techno is such a lazy term these days. It's become nothing more than a meme. Most of the time when someone says it they are painting so many good artists with the same brush.

Give over, Capirati lugi Madonna, Carl cox etc are all what i consider business techno. CDW sometimes strays into that. Its a big problem in the scene.

Glad this years includes guys like i hate models etc.

It's a 18 hour+ event of pounding techno, would hardly class it as a walk in the park. Brilliant event imo.
Theres like 6 guys on that list that play pounding techno lol

Give over, Capirati lugi Madonna, Carl cox etc are all what i consider business techno. CDW sometimes strays into that. Its a big problem in the scene.

Glad this years includes guys like i hate models etc.

Theres like 6 guys on that list that play pounding techno lol
Sorry but I don’t agree. Okay there may be only 6 DJs that you class as pounding techno which I guess to you is the “underground” Berlin heavy techno. To the rest of the world that line up is heavy techno, simple.
If the normal person off the street attended Time Warp they would turn around and walk out because of how heavy and intense it is and sorry but you can’t deny that.
Yes I’ll agree some of the DJs can be very rather generic and uninteresting but that doesn’t mean it’s not intense. Just because it might not be what you like don’t mean it’s not heavy.
What is your definition of heavy/intense out of curiosity?

Sorry but I don’t agree. Okay there may be only 6 DJs that you class as pounding techno which I guess to you is the “underground” Berlin heavy techno. To the rest of the world that line up is heavy techno, simple.
If the normal person off the street attended Time Warp they would turn around and walk out because of how heavy and intense it is and sorry but you can’t deny that.
Yes I’ll agree some of the DJs can be very rather generic and uninteresting but that doesn’t mean it’s not intense. Just because it might not be what you like don’t mean it’s not heavy.
What is your definition of heavy/intense out of curiosity?
Well obviously talking to the more informed crowd aka the people i assume use this forum. If you are informed then you wouldn't find time warp to be very intense.

What so modern day carl cox is intense? sven(i actually like him)? ahah come on.

Heavy techno is from the likes of luke slater, British murder boys,i hate models,Paula temple, Mills still is etc. Im not saying that other types of techno isnt great as i think the likes of Laurent garnier are the best in the business but dont go around saying time warp is anything intense.

Business techno is a thing and look no further then the drumcode label. Worst offenders. Theres alot of that on timewarp bills.

Well obviously talking to the more informed crowd aka the people i assume use this forum. If you are informed then you wouldn't find time warp to be very intense.

What so modern day carl cox is intense? sven(i actually like him)? ahah come on.

Heavy techno is from the likes of luke slater, British murder boys,i hate models,Paula temple, Mills still is etc. Im not saying that other types of techno isnt great as i think the likes of Laurent garnier are the best in the business but dont go around saying time warp is anything intense.

Business techno is a thing and look no further then the drumcode label. Worst offenders. Theres alot of that on timewarp bills.
I get what your saying in terms of the actual style of music but that still doesn’t mean it’s not intense. It might not be as heavy as you like it but it can still be an intense event. The majority of people, and yes I’m including the clued up people here, would find a 8pm-2pm shift to be rather intense regardless of the musically style.

Have to say you sound abit of a dick making it out like only “informed” people can decide what is and what’s not intense/heavy. What makes your opinion more valid to decide than mine or anyone else to say that it’s not?

gotta admit I've not been following the debate that closely but did read a good interview with ben sims (who I respect a lot) who said he felt conflicted about the 'trendy' element infiltrating the scene. essentially > new blood is good but ONLY if it is genuinely committed

TBH techno for me will always be raw, dirty parties in Tottenham or Brixton with puddles, loose cabling and pitbulls outside corrugated fences - usually populated by a load of dreads and people like the liberators and billy nasty and all that lot. armageddon. not tightly controlled, sanitised events with people staring at a stage.

musically I prefer the classic Detroit sound but I associate it more with deeper house these days - Mills has rested on his laurels for years (and anyone collaborating with classical orchestras has probably vanished up their arsehole)

imo the best techno DJ on the planet is still Jerome Hill, who can scratch his way through dirty squat records, bboy hiphop and old cybotron-era electro, seamlessly mixed like nobody else. dave clarke at his best was also amazing. i love(d) the german acid techno sound too. I doubt you'd hear any of it at massive festivals these days though.

of the newer breed, paula temple is one to watch I think. have a lot of time for veteran kirk degiorgio too

Got tickets with the missus - now to try make it work.

Thinking of doing a surgical strike - into Frankfurt, train to event, leave event, fly back.... :)

Got tickets with the missus - now to try make it work.

Thinking of doing a surgical strike - into Frankfurt, train to event, leave event, fly back.... :)
I’m doing exactly this! Flying into Baden Baden, land at 4pm Saturday. Train to Mannheim, party, then train back to Frankfurt for a 6pm flight home

Back