Time Warp 2020

OK I'm gonna be the noob asking all the stupid questions I can probably find the answers to elsewhere:

o Do they have food inside?
o Does it ever run on past 2 PM?
o Is the past part the end (as always)?

Trying to decide which flight to take back, factoring in feeling like death / etc. :)

OK I'm gonna be the noob asking all the stupid questions I can probably find the answers to elsewhere:

o Do they have food inside?
o Does it ever run on past 2 PM?

Trying to decide which flight to take back, factoring in feeling like death / etc. :)

food - yes.

end - usually just before 3pm. and there's always an afters too btw ;)

best hours for me are usually 3/4am until 11/12 noon.

I would definitely only fly back out monday afternoon so you can get a decent night of sleep from sun to mon.

food - yes.

end - usually just before 3pm. and there's always an afters too btw ;)

best hours for me are usually 3/4am until 11/12 noon.

I would definitely only fly back out monday afternoon so you can get a decent night of sleep from sun to mon.
Not an option.

Work Monday plus collect child Sunday night.

Just sleep on the train / plane.

?

Did this one year. It ended with me forking out for a last minute hotel at Heathrow as I was too spangled to drive back. Didn't get any sleep. Just rocked back and forth in the foetal position in floods of tears

Great party
you really had thought you could drive back in your own car?? :)

gotta admit I've not been following the debate that closely but did read a good interview with ben sims (who I respect a lot) who said he felt conflicted about the 'trendy' element infiltrating the scene. essentially > new blood is good but ONLY if it is genuinely committed

TBH techno for me will always be raw, dirty parties in Tottenham or Brixton with puddles, loose cabling and pitbulls outside corrugated fences - usually populated by a load of dreads and people like the liberators and billy nasty and all that lot. armageddon. not tightly controlled, sanitised events with people staring at a stage.

musically I prefer the classic Detroit sound but I associate it more with deeper house these days - Mills has rested on his laurels for years (and anyone collaborating with classical orchestras has probably vanished up their arsehole)

imo the best techno DJ on the planet is still Jerome Hill, who can scratch his way through dirty squat records, bboy hiphop and old cybotron-era electro, seamlessly mixed like nobody else. dave clarke at his best was also amazing. i love(d) the german acid techno sound too. I doubt you'd hear any of it at massive festivals these days though.

of the newer breed, paula temple is one to watch I think. have a lot of time for veteran kirk degiorgio too
Great post.Yeah Industrial settings suit techno i.e one of the reasons why i love berlin. That anything goes type vibe with a banging sound system,fair pricing etc. Perfect.
Dave clarke is a pioneer man, so f***ing good, always brings it. Paula temple again is someone i look out for. Her set with SNTS at ADE 2019 was one of the best ive seen in a long time. i disagree with you on jeff mills tho, granted he has gotton of the track a bit but when hes on form hes still the man. Seeing him apart of underground Resistance in new york a few years back will always stay with me.

The problem with the scene now is that its all become very uniform and all very safe. Drumcode being the biggest tech label says it all. Its basically tech house with a slight harder kick.

You have got great taste though i agree with nearly everything you said.

Make sure to catch the last hour of the sets by Laurent Garnier, Sven and Richie that are usually the highlights.
Laurent Garnier is usally closing the smaller stage in the morning, so you should be able to catch that.

Make sure to catch the last hour of the sets by Laurent Garnier, Sven and Richie that are usually the highlights.
Laurent Garnier is usally closing the smaller stage in the morning, so you should be able to catch that.
Yeah, I meant the 'BEST' part. :)

So Tomorrowland Winter and Ultra Miami cancelled due to corona virus :/ Time Warp next? I don't have tickets but I really hope the best for you guys who have ... Personally I think this is all a bit exaggerated.

as warmth destroys a virus I expect all this will be over come mid april/may. but not an expert obviously.

any one that’s been. How’s the backstage tickets. Do you get too go on the same same stage the D.J is on or is there a separate area

any one that’s been. How’s the backstage tickets. Do you get too go on the same same stage the D.J is on or is there a separate area

backstage is NOT stage - this means no, with the backstage tix you can‘t go on the actual stage.

those tickets are still handy though since there‘s separate toilets, bars and lockers backstage

So how do people get to go on stage ( I’ve seen from previous time warp videos of a lot of people on the same stage where the DJ is on) do you just have to know the D.J or someone related

Back