time warp 2018

@stivi reading your review makes me want to cry!! I am sooooooo gutted I missed the end of Garnier ?

First Timewarp for me and in hindsight, if there is a next time I will do it differently.

Got a bit excited during Saturday and spent it boozing around Frankfurt centre. By 8pm we were fully tanked up and decided to head into the festival. Caught the last hour or so of Ben Klock and the heard most of Adam Beyer (who was amazing). Was a bit flakey re: the lineup and spent a fair amount of the night being indecisive and leaving about 30min before the end of sets which in hindsight, was foolish as the end is always the best!

Saw all of Maceo Plex (v.good) and most of Sven (I enjoyed it but he didnt blow me away) then headed into Garnier at 5am. Loved Garnier but at that time was feeling a bit tired so spent quite a lot of the time at the back of the room chatting.

Left Garnier about 9am (WHY?!?!!) and went to check out Dixon/Solomun/ToU. In hindsight this was a silly move as coming out of the sunshine and back into a dark and very warm arena just knocked the wind out of me. By 10am I was totally beat and reluctantly headed home.... straight into the arms of the local police waiting outside who searched our taxi/us ? (all good though!)

Watching some of the finishing sets now, I'm kicking myself for not planning ahead properly. I reckon I would have done much better if I didn't start drinking so early. Oh well! I think next time I go I'm going to get the 5am ticket. Just not sure I have the longevity in me these days! ??

Great night though. Music absolutely unparalleled to anything I've been to before.

@stivi reading your review makes me want to cry!! I am sooooooo gutted I missed the end of Garnier ?

First Timewarp for me and in hindsight, if there is a next time I will do it differently.

Got a bit excited during Saturday and spent it boozing around Frankfurt centre. By 8pm we were fully tanked up and decided to head into the festival. Caught the last hour or so of Ben Klock and the heard most of Adam Beyer (who was amazing). Was a bit flakey re: the lineup and spent a fair amount of the night being indecisive and leaving about 30min before the end of sets which in hindsight, was foolish as the end is always the best!

Saw all of Maceo Plex (v.good) and most of Sven (I enjoyed it but he didnt blow me away) then headed into Garnier at 5am. Loved Garnier but at that time was feeling a bit tired so spent quite a lot of the time at the back of the room chatting.

Left Garnier about 9am (WHY?!?!!) and went to check out Dixon/Solomun/ToU. In hindsight this was a silly move as coming out of the sunshine and back into a dark and very warm arena just knocked the wind out of me. By 10am I was totally beat and reluctantly headed home.... straight into the arms of the local police waiting outside who searched our taxi/us ? (all good though!)

Watching some of the finishing sets now, I'm kicking myself for not planning ahead properly. I reckon I would have done much better if I didn't start drinking so early. Oh well! I think next time I go I'm going to get the 5am ticket. Just not sure I have the longevity in me these days! ??

Great night though. Music absolutely unparalleled to anything I've been to before.

@Beckiboo - as said over private, shame you didn't message me earlier on sat! and yeah, as a seasoned timewarper, IMO the best hours of timewarp are usually from 5am until noon. that's why we never go too early and also try not to peak early

@Beckiboo - as said over private, shame you didn't message me earlier on sat! and yeah, as a seasoned timewarper, IMO the best hours of timewarp are usually from 5am until noon. that's why we never go too early and also try not to peak early

Ahhh.... rookie error from our part for sure. Still had an amazing time but some of those end sets looked incredible. I'll have to re-live it all through Youtube!

Well well well where do I even begin. If I had to use one world to sum up this weekend magical is all I can think of. Simply outstanding from start to finish and feeling quite emotional thinking back over just how good it was. This was only my second Time Warp but my god did it top last year.

We arrived at Stansted at 10am even though the flight was not until 1pm and proceeded straight to the spoons to meet up with some of the group who had been there since 9! After a nice few pints and a couple hours later we boarded the plane where I met @perrylgooner for the first time. He had booked onto our mini bus as we had a couple spare spaces and what a lovely addition he was.

Once landed it turns out the mini bus for 13 was infact 2 separate cars but hey ho a very minor problem. We got to the hotel rather sharpish and were settled in by 5pm. Obviously a few more beers had been drunk by this point so everyone is after the supplies. I had word these would be arriving at 7pm on the dot so we all got ready and was about to go for grub to add some much needed energy. This actually turned out to be the last thing I ate until Monday afternoon back at the airport! 80,000 steps done over the 2 days and 1 turkish mixed grill to fuel it, well that and the party pieces. Anyway as we was finishing getting ready the hotel fire alarm sounded, 3 fire engines arrived and the hotel evacuated. Luckily it did not burn down and all was fine once we returned.

After we had ate and with pre drinks in full flow back in the hotel room the knock at the door come. Boom we had what we was after. A swift exchange happened, we finished up our drinks, went to the pub for 1 more, then got a cab to Time Warp arriving at about 8:15pm.

From here things do get a little hazy but I’ll do my best to lay out just how good it was. We arrived and caught the end of Hawtin before moving over to see Klock to get things going nicely. About an hour through his set we thought we’d go for a wonder and check out the other rooms before Pan Pot come on at midnight. Anyone who has been to a rave this size must be aware of how hard it is too stick together and not lose anyone. We accepted this would be the case we tried sticking to smaller groups.

Obviously this did not got to plan. 30 minutes in the first wondering off happened and this was a common theme throughout. Not a problem at all though as this tends to happen everywhere so we kind of just see it as part of the fun. There’s something quite funny about randomly bumping into one of your mates somewhere and seeing what sort of a pickle they are in! It also gives me a little euphoric moment and a boost in energy seeing a common face to help get through the marathon.

Anyone back to the music. So the night went as planned, well more or less. We saw Pan Pot, Cox, Sven, Garnier, the B2B2B and Hawtin. A few wonders inbetween catching some of Dixon and also a little of Carola but not enough to report back on those. Most of my night was spent on Floors 2 and 5 which turned out to be a wise move as as said above Garnier really was something special, Sven didn't disappoint and Hawtin really is back on form at the minute playing some very nice techno indeed.

Everyone I saw superb in my opinion and not a bad set played. So many funny moments within the group to even start to tell them all but an extremely good trip indeed. We all left at various times with a few calling it a day between 6-9am, I called it a day at 11:45am, well atleast I thought I had ... more of that in a little. One friend stayed the whole way until I believe he said 14:30 when it finially shut. Although he kind of cheated as at around 8am the ket got too much and he went back to the hotel. He left timeworn, got in a taxi but he didn't know the name of the hotel so just asked him to drive around. He then got out and walked for about 90 minutes to find the hotel, had a lay down for an hour and then got a cab back and somehow blagged his way back in!!

I was very close to leaving at around 9:15 as I saw a mates brother who was heading back and in all honesty I felt buckled. On the way to the exit I recieved a text which read “I’m in stage 7 for Solomon, Dixon and ToU come here” well I thought about this long and hard, probably about 5 seconds in total and I instantly kicked into gear turned around and went back to the action. Very wise decision indeed stayed there till 10:45 then over to Hawtin to have one last power hour stomp.

I arrived back at the hotel at about 1pm to see one mate in the bed laying down moaning about how rough he felt. I had a shower and a nice lay day to rest the legs until the other lad who stayed till the end come walking in about 4pm with a speaking in his hand blasting techno. Initially I thought f*** off!! However this was the extra kick I needed.

I had good info from our main man @stivi the afterparty had kicked off which just so happened to be round the corner from our hotel. The news was Craig and Ricardo we’re going b2b and Seth was turning up shortly. The door apparently had door pickers so it was a gamble but me and the mate who lasted the whole thing thought let’s give it ago so set off in hope of carrying on the session.

Boy o boy did this turn out to be a very wise move.

We arrived around 5pm and having never really been to a proper after party before the tone was set as soon as we walked in, well down stairs to a small what must be 300 capacity basement, to see Hawtin sat at the bar just chilling having a drink. Well I think it was him but maybe I was a lot more gone than I thought. It may sound a little odd to be excited by that but it’s very rare to see someone of his stature relaxing, not being bothered in the slightest by anyone and just enjoying to music like anyone else.

As we had been told Craig and Ricardo were on the decks, well Craig was and Ricardo was in a pickle sat on the floor of the booth trying to light a fag, hey it is Ricardo after all. Let’s let him off this time as it was one hell of a session!! Troxler then arrived and started with some nice disco vibes which was perfect when we’d been going for over 30 hours at this point. Then the best part of the trip happened just as I was not expecting it at all.

My pal said he throught he saw Sven poke his head up from behind the booth.

Yes Papa was in the building!!

Could it be Papa was going to be playing a surprise set.

He then steps into the booth. Everyone goes mad.

And then plays for between 2-3 hours which was pure magic. The 3 tracks I remember clearly are In Your Eyes - &Me which as Stivi mentions sent the room into a state of euphoria, Nevergreen - Johannes Volk and he ended on Roar - Adana Adana Twins remix which was perfect as it’s been one of my fav tracks since first hearing it at Cocoon last year. Papa finished up about 8:30pm when Seth come back on. I left about 8:45 just after a birthday cake was brought out with the soundtrack being a remix of “let’s do the time warp again” which you can see on Seths instagram I believe.

As I was leaving none other than Sven was stood outside waiting for a taxi/lift. Obviously I had to say something so I said the first thing that come to mind - 'You’re a god, thank you and I love you, see you in Ibiza'.

Simply perfect and a perfect way to end the weekend.

I most certainly will be doing the time warp again although it will take something serious to beat that one.

Well well well where do I even begin. If I had to use one world to sum up this weekend magical is all I can think of. Simply outstanding from start to finish and feeling quite emotional thinking back over just how good it was. This was only my second Time Warp but my god did it top last year.

We arrived at Stansted at 10am even though the flight was not until 1pm and proceeded straight to the spoons to meet up with some of the group who had been there since 9! After a nice few pints and a couple hours later we boarded the plane where I met @perrylgooner for the first time. He had booked onto our mini bus as we had a couple spare spaces and what a lovely addition he was.

Once landed it turns out the mini bus for 13 was infact 2 separate cars but hey ho a very minor problem. We got to the hotel rather sharpish and were settled in by 5pm. Obviously a few more beers had been drunk by this point so everyone is after the supplies. I had word these would be arriving at 7pm on the dot so we all got ready and was about to go for grub to add some much needed energy. This actually turned out to be the last thing I ate until Monday afternoon back at the airport! 80,000 steps done over the 2 days and 1 turkish mixed grill to fuel it, well that and the party pieces. Anyway as we was finishing getting ready the hotel fire alarm sounded, 3 fire engines arrived and the hotel evacuated. Luckily it did not burn down and all was fine once we returned.

After we had ate and with pre drinks in full flow back in the hotel room the knock at the door come. Boom we had what we was after. A swift exchange happened, we finished up our drinks, went to the pub for 1 more, then got a cab to Time Warp arriving at about 8:15pm.

From here things do get a little hazy but I’ll do my best to lay out just how good it was. We arrived and caught the end of Hawtin before moving over to see Klock to get things going nicely. About an hour through his set we thought we’d go for a wonder and check out the other rooms before Pan Pot come on at midnight. Anyone who has been to a rave this size must be aware of how hard it is too stick together and not lose anyone. We accepted this would be the case we tried sticking to smaller groups.

Obviously this did not got to plan. 30 minutes in the first wondering off happened and this was a common theme throughout. Not a problem at all though as this tends to happen everywhere so we kind of just see it as part of the fun. There’s something quite funny about randomly bumping into one of your mates somewhere and seeing what sort of a pickle they are in! It also gives me a little euphoric moment and a boost in energy seeing a common face to help get through the marathon.

Anyone back to the music. So the night went as planned, well more or less. We saw Pan Pot, Cox, Sven, Garnier, the B2B2B and Hawtin. A few wonders inbetween catching some of Dixon and also a little of Carola but not enough to report back on those. Most of my night was spent on Floors 2 and 5 which turned out to be a wise move as as said above Garnier really was something special, Sven didn't disappoint and Hawtin really is back on form at the minute playing some very nice techno indeed.

Everyone I saw superb in my opinion and not a bad set played. So many funny moments within the group to even start to tell them all but an extremely good trip indeed. We all left at various times with a few calling it a day between 6-9am, I called it a day at 11:45am, well atleast I thought I had ... more of that in a little. One friend stayed the whole way until I believe he said 14:30 when it finially shut. Although he kind of cheated as at around 8am the ket got too much and he went back to the hotel. He left timeworn, got in a taxi but he didn't know the name of the hotel so just asked him to drive around. He then got out and walked for about 90 minutes to find the hotel, had a lay down for an hour and then got a cab back and somehow blagged his way back in!!

I was very close to leaving at around 9:15 as I saw a mates brother who was heading back and in all honesty I felt buckled. On the way to the exit I recieved a text which read “I’m in stage 7 for Solomon, Dixon and ToU come here” well I thought about this long and hard, probably about 5 seconds in total and I instantly kicked into gear turned around and went back to the action. Very wise decision indeed stayed there till 10:45 then over to Hawtin to have one last power hour stomp.

I arrived back at the hotel at about 1pm to see one mate in the bed laying down moaning about how rough he felt. I had a shower and a nice lay day to rest the legs until the other lad who stayed till the end come walking in about 4pm with a speaking in his hand blasting techno. Initially I thought f*** off!! However this was the extra kick I needed.

I had good info from our main man @stivi the afterparty had kicked off which just so happened to be round the corner from our hotel. The news was Craig and Ricardo we’re going b2b and Seth was turning up shortly. The door apparently had door pickers so it was a gamble but me and the mate who lasted the whole thing thought let’s give it ago so set off in hope of carrying on the session.

We arrived around 5pm and having never really been to a proper after party before the tone was set as soon as we walked in, well down stairs to a small what must be 300 capacity basement, to see Hawtin sat at the bar just chilling having a drink. Well I think it was him but maybe I was a lot more gone than I thought. It may sound a little odd to be excited by that but it’s very rare to see someone of his stature relaxing, not being bothered in the slightest by anyone and just enjoying to music like anyone else.

As we had been told Craig and Ricardo were on the decks, well Craig was and Ricardo was in a pickle sat on the floor of the booth trying to light a fag, hey it is Ricardo after all. Let’s let him off this time as it was one hell of a session!! Troxler then arrived and started with some nice disco vibes which was perfect when we’d been going for over 30 hours at this point. Then the best part of the trip happened just as I was not expecting it at all.

And then plays for between 2-3 hours which was pure magic. The 3 tracks I remember clearly are In Your Eyes - &Me which as Stivi mentions sent the room into a state of euphoria, Nevergreen - Johannes Volk and he ended on Roar - Adana Adana Twins remix which was perfect as it’s been one of my fav tracks since first hearing it at Cocoon last year. Papa finished up about 8:30pm when Seth come back on. I left about 8:45 just after a birthday cake was brought out with the soundtrack being a remix of “let’s do the time warp again” which you can see on Seths instagram I believe.

As I was leaving none other than Sven was stood outside waiting for a taxi/lift. Obviously I had to say something so I said the first thing that come to mind - 'You’re a god, thank you and I love you, see you in Ibiza'.

I most certainly will be doing the time warp again although it will take something serious to beat that one.

One of the best reviews i’ve read on here. Sounds a beltaaaaaa

Just skipped through Nina b2b HH the last hour or so especially sounded and looked really good. Added to the list of things i want to do which i don’t get round to:spank:

Your friend that left and came back is a legend!

Could you please send the link ?
Was also there , had an amazing time but don’t remember everything! What I remenber is that Garnier was like always ...AMAZING
Seen it on Instagram and not sure where. If I see it again I will post it.

I just received an email for Time Warp New York City on 22nd and 23rd November. Has anyone been to Time Warp in New York?

Back