the world´s best clubs ...

more predictable than a buckley response.

they can just roll out last year's editorial on it too.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

the chart is obviously as much as a joke as the dj top 100.

how is this voted for?? reader poll or by 'industry' types??

It's apparently voted 'by the DJ's' although it's never stated which ones.

I don't even look at the DJ top 100 in that magazine.

The top 100 in RA is a lot better though.

Berlin(er)

...and the winner is Berlin...It seems, that Berlin is the "New Ibiza"....;)...
meanwhile the clubbing crowd is an growing important economic factor for Berlin...
I`m reading at the moment an interesting book about it:
"Lost and Sound: Berlin, Techno und der Easyjetset" from Tobias Rapp.

(Old)Ibiza should be cautious about further clubbing restrictions...especially in (economical) crisis times.

...and the winner is Berlin...It seems, that Berlin is the "New Ibiza"....;)

Only problem with Berlin is the clubs are notoriously hard to get into for tourists.

In Ibiza you can just walk straight through- at any time of the night and in any state, without questioning.

always subjective but I'm not a fan of Space, MOS come on dreadful design imo only saved perhaps by the bar area which isnt bad.

I'm a fan of the Berlin Clubs, my fave is club der visionnaire

always subjective but I'm not a fan of Space, MOS come on dreadful design imo only saved perhaps by the bar area which isnt bad.

I'm a fan of the Berlin Clubs, my fave is club der visionnaire

I'm surprised Space only dropped one place after a season of no after-hours.

I'm surprised Space only dropped one place after a season of no after-hours.

agreed, its not that bad I suppose but its cavernous- discotecha area is souless imo. Terrace would have been rocking years ago.

I'm 30 and while I am not THAT old yet I love clubbing in the day. Cant do those 7am's all night ones these days sometimes I can but invariably no.

I think the lockdown on afters has had an effect on Ibiza. But the white isle still has appeal, whether its sipping a cocktail and eating seafood at Salinas, having a beer at bora bora, or exploring the island by jeep.

Enjoy to all those that go this season. If I can afford it me and Clare will be going too, we will see

:)

agreed, its not that bad I suppose but its cavernous- discotecha area is souless imo. Terrace would have been rocking years ago.

I love Space- it was the first club I went to in Ibiza- so will always hold good memories for me.

Theres so much to see in there with all those rooms. and I think the Discoteca is pretty cool with all those lights & lasers.

My friend however worked for Space all summer in 2001 and says the days in there on Sundays on the terrace were amazing- when he returned to Space on holiday after it had the new terrace built in '05 he said he hated it as it had lost the 'vibe' of old. So I can see where people are coming from when they say it isn't the club it once was.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love Space- it was the first club I went to in Ibiza- so will always hold good memories for me.

Theres so much to see in there with all those rooms. and I think the Discoteca is pretty cool with all those lights & lasers.

My friend however worked for Space all summer in 2001 and says the days in there on Sundays on the terrace were amazing- when he returned to Space on holiday after it had the new terrace built in '05 he said he hated it as it had lost the 'vibe' of old. So I can see where people are coming from when they say it isn't the club it once was.

i lived in space during 2001.....it was funkin amazing. space terrace on sundays was just the most fun clubbing you could have. best atmosphere ever.

space is roughly 99% nothing like what it was when it was the old terrace. sorry to bleat, but it'd be like saying nothing about how good john barnes was just because he doesn't play anymore.

the chart is obviously as much as a joke as the dj top 100.

how is this voted for?? reader poll or by 'industry' types??

I voted for it and I don't qualify as an industry type as I work in an office.

I think the challenge is to go to the whole top 10 in a year...Womb might need a bit of saving up for though!

Back