the world´s best clubs ...

I went to Watergate on saturday night. Whilst i've always been an advocate of being with your mates (and the right vitamins) - we were on booze alone, two of us & the sound system, general environment (the lit ceiling is something else) elevated it to the great nights.

Q - I'm far from clued up on other UK clubs. But why does a UK club have to be a dark room to have credibility (well in manchester anyway) - watergate were to open here, would it be earmarked as pretentious due to the ceiling? however the crowd there were as clued up as you will find (maybe a reflection of the city) & it was a proper clubbers club.

What amazing clubs - visually anyway - i'm thinking visuals lights etc can you think of?

Like D-Egde, Sau Paulo

dedge2.jpg

I went to Watergate on saturday night. Whilst i've always been an advocate of being with your mates (and the right vitamins) - we were on booze alone, two of us & the sound system, general environment (the lit ceiling is something else) elevated it to the great nights.

By choice? When I was there last, the place was crawling with 'vitamins'.....

Moscow was robbed again :evil:

East Village?? I mean, it's nice and all, but there are 5 places here I'd rank higher.

Moscow was robbed again :evil:

East Village?? I mean, it's nice and all, but there are 5 places here I'd rank higher.

Even my mates who yield to no man in their love for sankeys laughed at it being the worlds no 1.

It is a top club of course but it's been subject to voting campaign I believe.

Even my mates who yield to no man in their love for sankeys laughed at it being the worlds no 1.

It is a top club of course but it's been subject to voting campaign I believe.
Ya, I 'm not sure how they do it.
I thought before it was a survey of DJs (heavily Brit-loaded as usual).
but I guess it's open voting now?

Ya, I 'm not sure how they do it.
I thought before it was a survey of DJs (heavily Brit-loaded as usual).
but I guess it's open voting now?

yeah it's a clubber voted poll now... so campaigning etc serves it well, plus a likely british slant.

berghain probably couldn't give a **** if they aren't at the top of the leagues, sure they'd prefer it if they weren't in fact, so no wonder they dropped 7 places.

Just saw this...

Fabric, Sankeys & Ministry over Berghain and Space?...Oh and Matter? (The Mondeo of clubs with Ikea fittings) :lol:

Don't get me wrong, I do like a big room but has the landscape changed that much???

That poll is confirmaton that I'm ridiculously out of step with the kids (and possibly more discerning).

if you're measuring clubs in league tables like this, then it's got to factor in various things like booking policies, sound, music quality, staff, punters and value for money

and on the right night, east village is very, very good indeed

stuart patterson (a legend imo) has worked flat out to offer a quality space offering everything from quality house to broken to reggae in the heart of shoreditch. Obv, not a patch on the old harlesden lodge for intimacy but they do attract some of the best in the world. weatherall, quentin harris, faith, carl craig, chateau flight, DFA, NRK, warm... I've seen them all - the absolute dons of underground dance music

I think it will forever be undermined by the punters though - just never enough atmosphere to make a trully great club - but that's 99% of London for you...

No Backtobasics, terrible league table.

Have you been to b2b at the current venue (Stinkys peephouse), Olly?

Musically might not be quite how you would chose, but the venue is probably like the sort of place you would enjoy, wrongness personified :)

Upstairs at the light wins for me! 8)

Perfect space when the right promoters are in! (all one of them :lol:)

No Backtobasics, terrible league table.

Have you been to b2b at the current venue (Stinkys peephouse), Olly?

Musically might not be quite how you would chose, but the venue is probably like the sort of place you would enjoy, wrongness personified :)

heard cracks pretty rife in there......

having said that, give me a warehouse or a railway arch over any nightclub any day :twisted:
That's why I'd rank Arma17 or Discoteque over East Village any day. Both big converted warehouses with lots of exposed brick and a decidedly d.i.y. ambiance. Or Krysha - a converted beer brewery. All very different from the various over-the-top s****y clubs in this town.

Back