The Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekend :-)

Yep, that's the guy.
Please tell her to book more gigs there :!: :lol:

Who do you want to see? She also has Mica Paris and the Harlem Globetrotters:lol:

(They perform separately btw, it's not the 'Trotters on backing vocals for Mica!:lol:)

This guy can be so hit and miss it's unbelievable
I know. Sometimes even within the same set! I remember one time at Renaissance @ Pacha, I was bored to death and then I actually thought a new DJ had come on (couldn't see the booth) because suddenly it got rocking... turns out it was still Digweed.

He was definitely in good form this weekend. The crowd was going nuts.

Great weekend! Main day of activity was Saturday - Bigfoots Tea Party in Glasgow. These promoters are so switched on and put on a fantastic party.

2pm - 12am event on the side of the Clyde. Great djs on the outside terrace until 8pm - with a free tandoori bbq, cupcakes, vodka jelly, bracelets, inflatable skulls, whales and ghettoblasters! Highlight out there was Esa Mervin Granger Williams - amazing set including bongo action, special mention for Vogue and Love Lives :D

Up for it, friendly crowd, great time. Some more local djs inside followed by Ambivalent (M-Nus) to close - phenomenal set 8)

One of those great events with a big group of friends which gives you faith in your local scene - all wrapped up with a ticket price under a tenner and cheap drinks. One word...winner! :lol:

:lol:Angie24 - sounds great ! 8):p

Ferd - Diggers really did let you down at Revolution, didn't he ?! Still a million times more reliable than Sasha (just look at what the latter drove Minimarc & I to in April after Fabric) but it's when Digweed decides to play noddy house waffle it all goes haywire :eek: .. when he plays to the dancefloor and a techno-edged set he's just amazing.

Friday - extended my tenancy for 2 days realising I would never move by 5pm Saturday in a million years.Threw caution completely to the wind and celebrated my successful procrastination with a big night out in London.

Got down to Jacks (7-9 Crucifix Lane or whatever they call it now) about 1am for Okie Dokie warehouse party. Jack Michaels & Dan Perrin appeared heading for a fag just as I was heading for the cash desk... so went out for a chat instead and straight in the side with them instead 8). They spent 1/2 the time outside letting people down gently over offers to release their music on label .. all their new music is coming out on Art of Dark label for at least 6 months to get it established, including Tato's remix of their new track.

Muchos banter and berry Kopparbergs at the bar before going up to the decks to check the setup out. Nathalia was playing a nice early set but the place was really dead.

The boys took over and within 10 minutes the dancefloor was rocking. Seriously. Malandra Jr. (Cocoon) and his crew turned up mid-set and couldn't quite believe what was happening. As they turned the set decidedly techno, everyone was rocking out from decks to back of the bar and it was a true underground party vibe in there, going right off !

Stayed till end of their set and one last round at the bar .. the atmos was still good, but Malandra was playing 'new Cocoon' style and it was just a bit too "girly" for me :(.

Managed to get all the way up to Kings Cross and had to get special dispensation to be allowed into The Egg at 5am for Sub Terranea 3rd Birthday ... as I was wearing khaki cargo shorts (apparently "combat shorts", which are a little too rough & ready for said establishment :eek:).

Still, I got in without changing and crawled out after 8am after a blinding set from Guy J (8)8)8)8)) and managing to get enough of a dancing fix from Mark Fanciulli to make it worth staying - just !). Met more ex-cons in here than in the last year of London clubbing put together .. including a guy who used to do yoga at Punta Galera in Ibiza but got sent down on the island for 2 years after getting caught with over 1,400 E's several years back :eek::lol:. Was in stark contrast to the numerous 'suits', who surprisingly were going for it big time on the dancefloor - perhaps they were ex-cons too :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:. Really strange place that ;):!:

Saturday - home by midday. Slept most of the afternoon to recover and some more house move sorting overnight.

Sunday - internet and packing before final exit at 1pm on Monday. Sweet lord above did I pay for my earlier sins when it came to the final move :!: Was pure unadulterated HELL !

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice one, Big A.

Moving is hell. 10 months on since my last move and I can still remember the dread!

Have spent the whole day throwing yet more stuff away I just moved over ... and a whole large van of boxes and yad has gone off for disposal tonight. I just don't know where it all comes from ... (well I do actually - consolidating 3 homes into 2, 13 years back, and never got on top if it since :eek:)

Well after plans for a quiet one I had a mental 5 days.

Friday - Dragged to the west end by the boys I live with, collapsed into a single bed with 2 of them at about 7am and woke up with legs and arms everywhere

Saturday - Friends 30th bday party. Went to Entice for the party bit then down to Hed Kandi. Good night as with good friends but personally found Hed kandi really boring.

Sunday - Went to Bora Bora beach with a friend. Met a canadian couple on the bus and partied wth them on the beach for a few hours. Then went to ushuaia for Avicii (not my choice but my friend really wanted to go). Ushuaia ****ed up our guestlist so spent an hour stood outside trying to sort it before finally getting in. Dada life were incredible. The crowd had a really good atmosphere and we both spent the majority of it on rediculous large french mens shoulders (we're both really short so this was good!), Avicii was good for all of 2 and a half minutes before he ****ed up and killed the music for nearly 3 minutes. Lots of boos shouted and the atmosphere completely took a nose dive. Picked up for the last 30 minutes or so after he played levels but that was it. Then went back to the West End with some other new friends we accumulated and got extremely drunk. Bumped into a friend in the Ship Inn at 6amish and collapsed drunk in his bed.

Monday - Worked an 8 hour daytime pring shift feeling like death. Then went to Privilege for A State of Trance. Was absolutely amazing! Met up with some friends from last year and spent the entire night with the hugest grin on my face. The crowd was chilled, euphoric and went to bed very happy!

Tuesday - Woke up with the huge grin still on my face. Went down to the Marina for paella which was really nice. Then had a rediculous drinking session in the Fishermans playing Shut the Box (Ikoda definitely need to take u for this is September, I think you'd like it!). Went to Amnesia for Knife Party, Chase & Status & axwell. Music was good but the atmosphere of the crowd was terrible. Some stupid spanish guy tried to hit my friend (whose a girl!) for stepping on his toe, luckily we were surrounded by about 20 workers I know, but for a few minutes all hell did break loose. This is actually the first fight I've ever seen in a club in Ibiza and it really annoyed me. Stayed till 7am then went home to pick y friends suitcase up and drop her at the airport. Decided against bed and spent the day at Cala Llonga, which after the last few days seemed so peaceful and beautiful I didnt want to leave. Massively sunburnt my bum though.

Think I definitely should have a few days off now...

Threesome. Well done! :lol: ;)

Not quite...

396867_4517918911284_600851108_n.jpg

:lol::lol::lol: .. looking at the state of those lads I don't think they'd give a rats bollock who or what was in the middle :spank: :twisted:

Wednesday23 .. great to see you having some fun out there ... at long last :p

:lol::lol::lol: .. looking at the state of those lads I don't think they'd give a rats bollock who or what was in the middle :spank: :twisted:

All I know is I don't want to be woken by some other bloke's morning wood pressing into my back. :lol:

I suspect that's a 'posed' picture, though! Either that or Wednesday has some other reason to be grinning. :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back