The Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekend :-)

Tonight - Chilling with the kids

Tomorrow - Fly to Glasgow and check into posh hotel then out for dinner and a couple of beers

Saturday - Wedding all day

Sunday - Recover and fly home for a barbq on Sunday evening

Last edited by a moderator:
BIG weekend for me......

tomorrow - pack and early night in prep for.....

Sat - Tues my stag do - Ibiza!

Sat - flight out of manc at 06.55 so ibiza for lunchtime. No plans as yet and very much play it by ear.

Sun - PDB by day - Lunch (possibly at Ibiza Rocks Diner) then beach/jet pool. By night - Carl Craig, Joris Voorn and Ralph Lawson at We Love..

Mon - DC10

Tues - fly home lunch time

Have a good time!

I'm currently dying after a silly week bender...might need a quiet few days. Havent been to work in 4 days either so might have to try and earn some money then I can afford to eat next week!

BIG weekend for me......

tomorrow - pack and early night in prep for.....

Sat - Tues my stag do - Ibiza!

Sat - flight out of manc at 06.55 so ibiza for lunchtime. No plans as yet and very much play it by ear.

Sun - PDB by day - Lunch (possibly at Ibiza Rocks Diner) then beach/jet pool. By night - Carl Craig, Joris Voorn and Ralph Lawson at We Love..

Mon - DC10

Tues - fly home lunch time

Very jealous! Enjoy mate

Stivi, how was Enter last night?

I was having withdrawal symptons last night as I lay in bed from the previous weeks amazing night

Ask for a guestlist ! Can go after Cinema ;)

He prob would sort me out if i asked nicely enough, but its the travel to & from LDN, and then the lack of funds to spend on drink & other intoxicating ingestants that the bank manager will not allow :cry:

Had a brilliant weeknd!

Friday caught up with an old friend , had sushi and a few drinks , very nice

Saturday sun did its best to come out. Walked around the park , few drinks in the pub , saw the olympic flame go by and had a big bbq with me mates in the sun. stayed up drinking while some others went out. they brought back some girls and we all stayed up for sunrise on the roof terrace.

Sunday was a scorcher so we all lay about in the park then finished it off with a spag bol

Couple mates have today off so its BBQ round 2!

I did mostly as advertised above.

Got wasted with my journalists friends on Thursday.

Spent most of Friday in a fog. Bailed on the beach party with Satoshi Tomiie because it was raining and cold and I was exhausted after being out drinking the two previous nights.

Started drinking from the morning on Saturday :lol: Saw some and/or all of performances by Motorama, Mika, Franz Ferdinand, F**k Buttons, The Drums and Pet Shop Boys at the Afisha Picnic festival. Went home for a quick change then to the afterparty at Strelka where Little Boots & her crew were DJing. They were followed by Lauryn Hill's crew, which meant time to leave :lol: Dropped by Crisis Genre to see my friends' band play. Then to Arma Music Hall for John Digweed who was in top top form 8) :D Seriously, one of the best sets I've heard from him.

Met some friends for drinks on Sunday afternoon then went to see Gogol Bordello and the Red Hot Chili Peppers :D Great show. Great fun. Then after-show food and drinks. Tried to watch Chelsea v PSG live at 3am but promptly passed out on the sofa :oops:

Report:

Thrusday: Got a phone call from a mate at 2pm asking if I could help him move on Friday as their van driver hadn't bothered to show up. So I said yes, and I'd drive the van. Expected it to be a medium wheel base van. Never driven anything bigger than a Volvo V70 so was a little bit apprehensive about it all.

Friday: Turn up and meet my mate at Wakefield Westgate station. Travel to the van hire, only to be told It's a box van with a tailgate. Took me awhile to get used to the clutch, which felt horrible (coupled with the fact I've not had a car for two months). Drove over to my mates, packed up the van (which was painless) and headed on our way down to Derby.
Parked up and emptied the van. Had a bit of trouble with the sofa, leading us to a door of it's hinges and some serious 'pivot' moments. :lol: But eventually got it in the house.
Went out for a curry. Two friends I helped move both got food poisoning, but I managed to somehow escape it. Early night as I was destroyed.

Saturday: alarm went off at 7am to take the van back to Wakefield. Not a pleasant noise to be heard. Drove the van back to Wakefield, and got the train back to Leeds. Got home, went to the gym, went food shopping and went out for a wander. All before 3pm. Felt like I'd actually used some of my Saturday. Both me and one of my flat mates wanted to go out, so we formulated a plan. Her friends turned up about 11pm, and the antics began. Went to Neon on Call Lane first, then off to Mint for a Tech House night, then to Phono for an after party. Got back about 7.30am with the entire group still in tow, and settled down in the kitchen for a session. Went to bed for a nap at midday.

Sunday Afternoon: Well, I felt like death. Pushed myself to go to Sainsbury's to buy a couple of things, but didn't get half of what I actually needed :lol:
Watched a couple of Star Wars films before going to bed at 9pm, so sunday was somewhat of a write off :lol:

Friday - Dark Knight Rises - meh

Saturday - bought a lawnmower and strimmer and did my own garden. Hope my lovely new lawn is going to recover has it had become overgrown after all the heavy rain an doesn't look to healthy after the first high cut...

Saturday night - Billy Ocean at 'Under the Bridge' at Chelsea. Was really good fun. No way can he really be 62.

Sunday - missus wasn't feeling too hot (cold/pregnancy combi) so I fetched and carried all day, did the weekly shop etc. Couple of pints late afternoon and back home to watch 'Man on a Ledge'.

What did you think of the venue?

Great little space and the sound seemed perfect. Service at the bar was quick too. The back stage area could be bigger, but it might have just been that everyone in the band seemed to have brought their entire family with them:lol:

Great little space and the sound seemed perfect. Service at the bar was quick too. The back stage area could be bigger, but it might have just been that everyone in the band seemed to have brought their entire family with them:lol:
:lol:

The sound is very good, as is the video system.
As I remember it, I think you're right about backstage... probably in keeping with the "small intimate venue" idea :lol:
Did you meet a guy named Alan from the mgmt team? Good mate of mine.

:lol:

The sound is very good, as is the video system.
As I remember it, I think you're right about backstage... probably in keeping with the "small intimate venue" idea :lol:
Did you meet a guy named Alan from the mgmt team? Good mate of mine.

Glasses? Shortish brown hair?

If so yes, think the missus booked the gig with him and he was the chap that grabbed some to give us passes/bands and get us seats

Back