The small things

Been mentioned before, but the "Boom, boom, boom" in so many places at so many different times (used to be more of that...).

The first time that ice cannon hits inside a club.

Being at the beach in the evening around 6 or 7 p.m., with just the right amount of booz in your blood/head (you know the feeling), toes in the water, looking at the sun, hearing great music in the background... not a single care in the world.

Upon waking (whenever), going straight to the fridge, getting a San Miguel and continuing straight to the balcony to start the day.

and here's a free special recommendation:

hit pastelería la canela (pastry shop) in calle aragón in town and get a box full of their savoury mini croissants (like mini sandwiches with all kinds of tasty stuff such as salmón, crab meat, ensaladilla etc)

you can thank me later 😉

and here's a free special recommendation:

hit pastelería la canela (pastry shop) in calle aragón in town and get a box full of their savoury mini croissants (like mini sandwiches with all kinds of tasty stuff such as salmón, crab meat, ensaladilla etc)

you can thank me later 😉
👌

Great thread and nice to focus on positive things for a change. Here are mine:

- That first glimpse of Dalt Vila as we approach Ibiza Town from the airport
- Getting the boat taxi from Talamanca to Ibiza Town, feeling the wind in my hair, and gawping at the wonder of Dalt Vila shimmering away
- Visiting La Bodega, catching up with the staff, and chupitos at the end
- Walking along Salinas towards Sa Trinxa and that first note which we hear from Jon Sa Trinxa
- The smell of the pines as we drive across the island

seeing island from ferry as it appears on horizon, the pine smell, sound of crickets, the fields and low walls as you head north, comedy parking in those dusty bushes at cala nova, comedy parking at salinas, noise from sa trinxa as you approach, sitting on the jetty feet in water as people try and wriggle past, walking up d'alt villa, comedy parking at benirras, hearing that first drum at benirras, all the emotional sunsets, accidentally bumping into familiar faces, finding beaches you didn't know existed, watching the floor at pikes fill out, that first hierbas, that 25th hierbas, walking around the old town looking for food, buying shit at Dalias you know you'll never wear etc etc

Sitting on the old town walls at dusk with a glass of red watching the twinkling lights of the port la Savina brightening in the distance.

Sitting in the cafe at sa Roqueta the following day doing exactly the same but it's the lights of Ibiza and PdB that are brightening in the distance.

The walk, full moon, along a deserted Formentera beach.

The warmth that hits you when you leave your aircraft. But not suffocatingly hot like Greece or Turkey.

The very first seagull that falls in love with your lunch.

The very first lizard of the trip.

The Number 11 to la Salinas, full of young men pretending they're not eyeing each other up.

Agree. Love listening to Sonica as we drive around the island. Listened to it quite a bit at home, especially during lockdown.

yeah, sometimes tune into Sonica for Andy's show

on the last visit in 2019 we mostly had OpenLab on in the car. unexpectedly dark & leftfield for a sunny holiday! in a good way though

Just walking by a random beach bar, hearing nice music playing and thinking I ought to come here again later.

Standing near the tower at the far end of the Salinas beach facing Formentera and the islands and islets in between. With the sea appearing so warm, crystal clear and welcoming that you feel you could swim all the way to Formentera (don't try it though).

The boat ride from PbB to Ibiza Town after dark.

The smell of pines and the sound of cycads on the way to some remote beach.

Sitting inside the airport departure hall with the view of the runways, the salinas and the shimmering sea behind, already thinking about the next time on the island.

Back