The small things

Firstly what a great idea for a post - loved reading through these despite it also making me kinda DESPERATE for my return!

Quite a few similar feelings to a few that others have shared on here but for me the 10 small things personally are...

1) Walking out of the revolving airport doors and feeling/smelling that fresh warm Ibiza air for the first time again
2) Seeing all the billboards in the taxi / car ride to the hotel, hearing Ibiza Sonica radio and knowing you're home and good times are ahead!
3) Breakfast at Rita's Catina and people watching along the bay
4) Walking down Ses Salines beach, seeing Sa Trinxa in the distance and finally hearing the first few beats from Jon and knowing you're in for a magical afternoon that can only be experienced in this very spot
5) Walking onto Cala Conta beach on a beautiful day, seeing the small island in the sea and having some lunch or a few drinks in Sunset Ashram
6) Walking through a buzzing and warm Ibiza Town and to La Bodega for that first tapas dinner of the trip and the first chupitos de hierbas on the house
7) Walking along the port en route to Pacha on a Sunday - getting that feeling of anticipation of the night ahead!
8) The feeling of walking through the small doorway and back onto Amnesia terrace again - my clubbing home!
9) The feeling of sitting in the upstairs or downstairs bar in Pacha, absolutely flying, loving every second of life and enjoying a drink and a cigarette and talking nonsense under the open night sky
10) The feeling of being in DC10 garden around 6PM before sunset and before it gets busy
Great stuff there dude
It’s like you’ve done a virtual review of your trip 😂

I feel like there's something truly remarkable about scenery. I remember one of the first times I was truly taken aback - we were in San Diego at a cheap motel (my parents and I - I was not yet 13) and something about the world in the glow of the street lamps was engaging and mesmerizing. I remembered that glow, the smell of the street, and the way it felt to be outside a hotel room, upstairs in the cool night air.

It's really something. When you travel, I think you begin to have a different understanding of the world. Your perception engages with the rest of your senses, and your appreciation for that experience can envelope you.

I remember too times I was in the wilderness - Joshua Tree National Monument in California's Mojave desert, Mt. San Gorgonio in San Bernardino there, and the forests of North Idaho and Montana in rain and snow. That sort of experience can be mind racking, powerful, and incredibly memorable.

Having not been to Ibiza, I haven't experienced a beautiful Spanish island; let alone within the context of the peace love unity and respect of rave and club culture. But I want to believe there is something universal to be had. Something intangible is there, but so thick you can taste it in the air! Very cool

Turning right exiting Pacha, is that the first bar on the right on the corner up a few steps? If so, we go in there for a cheap beer and a chill beforehand on occasions too.
Turn left when exiting pacha mate and at the end of the road, although have been where you mean too.. always nice to have a bit of a pre wire close walk to the clubs like

Turning right exiting Pacha, is that the first bar on the right on the corner up a few steps? If so, we go in there for a cheap beer and a chill beforehand on occasions too.
Ibiza 2018 we'd got the bus to Pacha and I felt too sober (I drink quite a bit when doing stuff). We went walking up and down the streets and couldn't find any bars or shops open, It was later than we'd usually go to a club, 2:15 maybe and it felt a bit eerie. Anyway, I found the bar mentioned finally as it is slightly hidden, by now I'd got a migraine (I lose my vision when one is coming on 🤦‍♂️ ), I ordered 2/3 drinks, downed them, dropped a soundcloud and rushed in. It turns out soundclouds can fix migraines 👍.
I don't have great memories from Pacha because of this though, it was also the last night of the holiday which is always tinged with a slight bit of sadness, so usual Ibiza vibes weren't on point. Pacha barmaids were quite weird too 😂

I'm not sure if it's the same bar that you guys are referring too but pre Pacha we usually have one last stiff drink and pre-livener in Versus - which is in the road bang opposite Pacha! In fact you can actually see Pacha from the outside terrace area out the front.

Order yourself a double vodka and coke and believe me when I tell you the measures are generous! It's like drinking petrol but if definitely gets the party started!

Ibiza 2018 we'd got the bus to Pacha and I felt too sober (I drink quite a bit when doing stuff). We went walking up and down the streets and couldn't find any bars or shops open, It was later than we'd usually go to a club, 2:15 maybe and it felt a bit eerie. Anyway, I found the bar mentioned finally as it is slightly hidden, by now I'd got a migraine (I lose my vision when one is coming on 🤦‍♂️ ), I ordered 2/3 drinks, downed them, dropped a soundcloud and rushed in. It turns out soundclouds can fix migraines 👍.
I don't have great memories from Pacha because of this though, it was also the last night of the holiday which is always tinged with a slight bit of sadness, so usual Ibiza vibes weren't on point. Pacha barmaids were quite weird too 😂
No idea what a soundcloud is but sounds like a mad night

After a day at the beach or pool....beer in your room listening to some tunes wearing just a towel after your shower looking forward to the evening ahead. Even better if your balcony is still catching some sun.

1 - Hearing house music everywhere, like its just the norm to play it where ever (most likley that everyone listens to Ibiza Global Radio!) but even sitting in a cafe in the morning having breakfast and hearing techno!
2 - The lizards, always love seeing those little guys - I have several lizard wall artI have bought in Ibiza at markets
3 - How differnet the evening atmosphere in different parts of the island, like comparing DB/San An and Ibiza Town at night, all completely different, some better than others lol
4 - The smell of the pine trees
5 - I love little spanish supermarkets, getting fresh bread,olives etc
6 - Using what little Spanish I know when asking for things in bars/resturant, rather than just expecting everyone to speak English

Missing soundclouds!
I still have 1.5 left on the island for whenever I return 😍
On the island? I accidently took one home in my shorts pocket in my suitcase and the suitcase got drug swabbed 😂

2018 soundclouds >>>>> 2019 soundclouds. I don't know if we didn't source the same ones (Same dealer) but the 2019 ones really weren't as good, the high was miles shorter and definitely not as strong, I moved on to stormtroopers which were better.

The tolerance will be much lower too when i finally take one again so should be good 😍

The tolerance will be much lower too when i finally take one again so should be good 😍

Talk of soundclouds has made me think about how that should be a moment on the list - nibbling that first half of bean of the trip!

That tingle in the belly when you know it’s the point of no return and things about to take a turn west! 🤣

I'm on the same wavelength as many others here. Much of it is based on the senses, anticipation, expectation and tradition.

I always like to see archways of the old entrance to the retro airport terminal just as we approach on the runway.

The age old photo outside the airport we haven't done as much in recent years. Probably less so since the revamp. But it still says Ibiza on it so that's enough reason just to look at it for a buzz.

Getting into the wrong side of the rental car. Classic.

100% the first sight of Dalt Vila. When you see that rising in the distance, that's the sweet spot.

The first supermarket shopping excursion.

The first full day. Checked in, unpacked, nothing in the diary and the anticipation of everything that lies ahead.

A cold tin of beer on the beach.

Breakfast at Flotante. Lunch at El Bigotes, Fish Shack or Bar Costa.

Lunch of traditional baked fish to share at Cala Martina with our feet in the sand.

As much as I love the restaurants, a cool box lunch on the beach is hard to beat. Simple pleasures.

The boat from Talamanca across the marina to town is fantastic.

A beach after 7pm.

7-10pm every day; Beach or pool done, lunch done, get ready, sit down, balcony, music, sunset time and the expectation of dinner ahead. Related to this, the light at this time is indeed a joy.

Pre dinner drinks in one of the bars around Plaza del Parque. Suprisingly inexpensive and always a brilliant atmosphere.

The buzz of La Bodega and Bar San Juan.

Stopping off at Anita's on the way back from the beaches up north.

Wandering the back streets of Dalt Vila.

The road to Cala d'Hort. Seeing those two big freaks of rock on the horizon still blows the mind.

The taxis. Always love the sound of the voices on their radios and the subsequent bleeping in between. And all the dashboards of the taxis seem like nothing I've ever seen in a similar car before - they always seem like a cockpit, ultra luxurious and with more lights and buttons than would ever be necessary.

Plus yep the radio stations while driving around the island. Amazing.

The early-ish morning shuffle in flip flops to the supermarket when everything is still quiet.

Sitting in the shade of the trees at Es Niu Blau.

The buzz and chitter chatter of a restaurant filled with local families on a Sunday.

Seeing effortlessly cool and eccentric older residents in their battered cars or jeeps.

Podencos.

Crisp, cold canas. Hierbas. Paella. Olives. Flao. The bread and aioli at Es Pins.

Cafes de Ibiza coffee.

Back