THE SEVEN WONDERS OF SANKEYS IBIZA

Does anybody know what's going on with the sankeys opening pt 1 line-up going with the family 15-22 of May but plan a wee just nipping out for a pint mission for the opening night

Ok, so here's my verdict: I enjoyed it. It certainly went some way to restoring some faith back in him. Still not sure I would say it's anywhere near the best mix of his I've heard. And certainly far removed from the tripe he was peddling at MOS.

So I guess I need to know what are the fundamental differences I can expect from a Roger Sanchez set versus an S-Man set? Cos at the moment I'm a little confused.

Release Yourself at Pacha was a brilliant night and it was something that kept both me and the Mrs musically happy (soulful house through to tribal) There was always a good crowd and it was the night we always looked forward to, going twice most visits. I also always bought the Release Yourself album each year as you were guaranteed some really good music.

When he moved to Amnesia we never went back and his musical direction changed somewhat, to what I could only describe as more commercial/mainstream sound. Much like Morillo and his sound, I always wonder if they both did this chasing the money? For that reason I lost a bit of respect for both of them and although they appear to be resorting back to the sound of old, I don’t see them in the same way anymore.

I listened to a Sanchez set from BPM last year and was impressed, so maybe his sound is back to the Sanchez of old. Not sure what direction the S-Man moniker has taken though, led to believe that it is used for his more underground/leftfield stuff so look forward to the first reviews. Should be interesting.

I'm gutted I never went to Release Yourself at Pacha. My brother & sister went on their first trip to Ibiza, and they raved about it. Some of those CDs were what I based my opinion on Sanchez on.

agreed regarding release yourself at pacha, was a brilliant night. never too packed and a really good crowd for pacha standards!

Release Yourself at Pacha was a brilliant night and it was something that kept both me and the Mrs musically happy (soulful house through to tribal) There was always a good crowd and it was the night we always looked forward to, going twice most visits. I also always bought the Release Yourself album each year as you were guaranteed some really good music.

When he moved to Amnesia we never went back and his musical direction changed somewhat, to what I could only describe as more commercial/mainstream sound.

Yeah, thats right. 2009 onwards (actually 2007) he went more the commercial / Electro House direction. But since two years now he went back to the underground deep/tech vibe of his S-Man moniker back in the 90s.
He talked a lot about this "move" the recent years. That house music on one side went to a utterly commercial (EDM) direction which he is not satisfied with. His S-Man productions are now dirty & more underground while his recent Roger Sanchez Remixes are good old (tribal) house from "old" Sanchez days.

Release Yourself at Pacha was the perfect fit for him. Went 2008 (the last year @ Pacha) on my first trip to the island and it was awesome! Even the last two years at Space he had some great sets with some of them even billed as special "old-school" house nights.
His RY compilations, especially the first 4-5, are my alltime favourite compilations ever.

Now he is back in form and @ Sankeys it could be a great combination. His mixing skills rank still among the best!

Wasn't there rumours of Roger Sanchez having a residency with Hard Times? Can we see that now the Sankeys residency has been announced?

Much like Morillo and his sound, I always wonder if they both did this chasing the money? For that reason I lost a bit of respect for both of them and although they appear to be resorting back to the sound of old, I don’t see them in the same way anymore.

Couldn't agree more…They used to be world beaters and then went very commercial. Very upsetting. Fatboy Slim has done exactly the same.

His mixing skills rank still among the best!

Also agree with this, lots of the old cream lot talk about him ripping up 2 copies of a track in the annexe and it being incredible.

On the S Man tip - I picked this up a few weeks ago. In days of old I think he tended to use the S man moniker for his darker, deeper productions.

I hate the "original" - if you can call a sample-heavy track an original - so I'm sure his remix is an improvement!

Magna Carta Announces Full Line Ups for Summer 2015

Ibiza, 22nd April 2015 (Toga Media).- Sankeys Ibiza and Magna Carta are delighted to announce another sizzling summer long collaboration that will see the island’s fastest growing club and one of it’s most talked about nights last summer come together once again for no less than 20 mouth watering parties between May and September.

Magna Carta is famed for its infectious tech house sound and as such at the heart of each night will be regulars like Moon Harbour’s kingpin EAST END DUBS, Radio 1 man DALE HOWARD, Dogmatic label boss ALEX ARNOUT, Spanish hit maker RAMON TAPIA and the one and only heavy house hitter JOSH BUTLER. There are no real residents at Magna Carta as everyone is as important as each other, but joining these regular acts will be some more essential tastemakers and talented DJs.

This year, the colourful Magna Carta crew have added some well considered names so that things will be spiced up nicely for the new season. Staying right in the middle of the worlds of dubby tech and rolling house, these acts include the likes of Madtech pair NO ARTIFICIAL COLOURS, LEFTWING & KODY, IGLUU, MINEO, MAX CHAPMAN, REFLOW and main man of the moment CERA ALBA.

The aim as ever will be to keep things as underground and focussed on the music as ever—there will be no themes, no gimmicks, just pure and unadulterated tech and dub house beats all night long at each and every event. With Sankey’s famed sound system and killer light set up, the scene is set for some seriously good parties, we’re sure you’ll agree.

Joe Jackson, promoter of Magna Carta has this to say about the season ahead…

"I am really excited about our 2nd full season at Sankeys ibiza. Our 1st full season was an amazing success where we learned a lot and have now adapted our line ups according to what we feel is a more

suitable sound for Magna Carta in 2015. We have another major announcement of a musical partner who will host the LAB, even though I want to announce it now, I am sworn to secrecy not to release it yet, but it is BIG"

It all kicks off on May 23d with EAST END DUBS, IGLUU, ALEX ARNOUT and MENO, and then every Saturday the party will surely be the most notable on the island. It all carries on until September 26th when there is a huge closing party with all the biggest names such as EAST END DUBS, JOSH BUTLER, MAX CHAPMAN, DALE HOWARD, LEFTWING & KODY and IGLUU.

33xkf2x.jpg

Back