the end is nigh!

:lol:
Just had an estate agent round, the housing market is absolutely ferooked :(

I asked for the brutal truth, he reckoned prices would not stop falling until late 2009, and no chance of prices picking up until mid to late 2010 maybe 2011.:spank::spank:.

Well don't move for three years!:lol:

Just had an estate agent round, the housing market is absolutely ferooked :(

I asked for the brutal truth, he reckoned prices would not stop falling until late 2009, and no chance of prices picking up until mid to late 2010 maybe 2011.:spank::spank:.

I agree that the market is funked, and gona get worse before it get better. But how anyone can predict what he's saying is beyond me, unless he's a fortune teller on the side. :rolleyes: Some of these estate agent like to scare monger, and some like to do it to get the prices down as they already have clients lined up. I'm not saying this is what he's doing, but some do.

i think 09 will be fairly grim, but it needs to be - there needs to be a bit of a downtown as the housing market is so over-priced, along with the mortgages we all need to buy a house. things probably won't pick up again until early summer 2010 when there's a general election followed by the world cup. if england make it to the finals, there's generally a feel good factor which means people are more likely to spend money - bbq's, food, pubs, restaurants, football shirts, the flags etc - and should kickstart the economy.

i said that i such a matter of fact way, yet i am actually talking ****.

I was just reading a story about the banker meetings over the weekend to try to save Lehman and Merrill

Sounds like something out of the Godfather... a meeting of the heads of the 5 families!

At Lehman's Times Square headquarters on Tuesday, Diamond and Lehman's president, Herbert McDade III, ventured onto the trading floors to announce the tentative deal to employees, according to a person present...A few minutes later, "God Save the Queen" blared over the loudspeaker......

The painful truth is the dosh would have been used for making a move to Ibiza.

Time to re-strategise, not going to let some slimeball American mortgage salesmen put off our move to the white isle :lol::lol:

Won't more people need to rent just now then if theres not much chance of getting a mortgage?

Couldn't you just rent the gaff out and live in Ibiza?

Won't more people need to rent just now then if theres not much chance of getting a mortgage?

Couldn't you just rent the gaff out and live in Ibiza?

That is what we will probably try and do, as other forumites have done.

We have rented our house (not this one) previously whilst living in Jersey for several years, it was a terrible amount of hassle. Had to be overhauled twice due to tennants who didn't give a f*ck, despite us paying a rental agency fortunes who were supposed to vet people etc etc.

We could be luckier this time as the house would be in a different rental price range.

At Lehman's Times Square headquarters on Tuesday, Diamond and Lehman's president, Herbert McDade III, ventured onto the trading floors to announce the tentative deal to employees, according to a person present...A few minutes later, "God Save the Queen" blared over the loudspeaker......
:lol:

Who said bankers staring pink slips in the face still don't have a sense of humor? :lol:

That is what we will probably try and do, as other forumites have done.

We have rented our house (not this one) previously whilst living in Jersey for several years, it was a terrible amount of hassle. Had to be overhauled twice due to tennants who didn't give a f*ck, despite us paying a rental agency fortunes who were supposed to vet people etc etc.

We could be luckier this time as the house would be in a different rental price range.

Being an ex landlady - I wouldnt do this ever again - I had the same probs as you - :spank:

Being an ex landlady - I wouldnt do this ever again - I had the same probs as you - :spank:

I imagine for the property magnates who own dozens of properties it's part and parcel of the game! It was our first marital home and not nice seeing it wrecked.

In Jersey the landlords have the game sewn up. We had to sign an agreement in which we were liable for the decorating bill using his decorator when ending the lease. When we first rented the property he said he had the whole house done for £1,700, I said I wanted that figure as a ceiling when we left which he agreed to. Three and a half years later the landlord requested £3,500 for the decorating bill:lol::lol::lol: I had great pleasure producing the original lease documents.

I imagine for the property magnates who own dozens of properties it's part and parcel of the game! It was our first marital home and not nice seeing it wrecked.

In Jersey the landlords have the game sewn up. We had to sign an agreement in which we were liable for the decorating bill using his decorator when ending the lease. When we first rented the property he said he had the whole house done for £1,700, I said I wanted that figure as a ceiling when we left which he agreed to. Three and a half years later the landlord requested £3,500 for the decorating bill:lol::lol::lol: I had great pleasure producing the original lease documents.

Yeah - same for us - first home - dead proud of it, but instead of selling and moving on we decided to rent and still move on. Our girl decided that after 6 months of renting she loved the flat so much she wanted to buy it from us. As she had been a great tenant - no probs with the rent - paid on time, we gave her a discount on the property - she was over the moon.

Her mortgage seemed to be taking ages to come through and every time we asked her about it - there was a prob at the Building Society end or something..... Oh there was a problem all right - we got a knock at the door from the police - she had been sacked and had been scanning old pay statements for the past 6 months for her mortgage and had been at the Building Society that day and it had been uncovered and they had arrested her on the spot for trying to defraud the Building Society.

Long story short - we went round, she had been let out and decided to go bonkers and trash the property as it was our fault for pushing her to get a mortgage she couldnt get..... err no, you should have told us and we would have come to some arrangement, ie back to renting and then once sorted in a job we could move forward....

Cost us a lot to repair the house and take her to court for damages blah blah blah - total nightmare

At one point in time we made the mistake of renting to a friends sister, good god, I thought she'd had a team of oirish navvies in the gaff leting off steam:lol::lol::lol:

At one point in time we made the mistake of renting to a friends sister, good god, I thought she'd had a team of oirish navvies in the gaff leting off steam:lol::lol::lol:

My mate's sister's house in Liverpool has been stripped bare while she's been working in Hong Kong and run as a huuuuge skunk factory..... :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Agents have been round in ages and didnt bother telling her that the locks had been changed etc. She only got suspicious when her cleaner she had employed for the property called her to say she had been sacked by the occupants and wanted to let her employer know..... :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

My mate's sister's house in Liverpool has been stripped bare while she's been working in Hong Kong and run as a huuuuge skunk factory..... :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Agents have been round in ages and didnt bother telling her that the locks had been changed etc. She only got suspicious when her cleaner she had employed for the property called her to say she had been sacked by the occupants and wanted to let her employer know..... :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I hope they left a little treat for the landlady....

Apparently Morgan Stanley up for sale now too... rumored buyers include HSBC and China's CITIC :!:

Add that to today's Lloyds/HBOS news and you get the definite feeling that the venerable banking institutions the world has known for the past 150 years will fade from memory by the end of this year!

Yeah - same for us - first home - dead proud of it, but instead of selling and moving on we decided to rent and still move on. Our girl decided that after 6 months of renting she loved the flat so much she wanted to buy it from us. As she had been a great tenant - no probs with the rent - paid on time, we gave her a discount on the property - she was over the moon.

Her mortgage seemed to be taking ages to come through and every time we asked her about it - there was a prob at the Building Society end or something..... Oh there was a problem all right - we got a knock at the door from the police - she had been sacked and had been scanning old pay statements for the past 6 months for her mortgage and had been at the Building Society that day and it had been uncovered and they had arrested her on the spot for trying to defraud the Building Society.

Long story short - we went round, she had been let out and decided to go bonkers and trash the property as it was our fault for pushing her to get a mortgage she couldnt get..... err no, you should have told us and we would have come to some arrangement, ie back to renting and then once sorted in a job we could move forward....

Cost us a lot to repair the house and take her to court for damages blah blah blah - total nightmare

Moral of the story = Renting/tennants = FUNKING NIGHTMARE :spank:

Ours was pissed of about the towels on one of our apartments, so he bought fish form the fish mongers, and plastered the walls, behind the kitchen units, inside curtain rails, beds etc etc. And it was august. It took 6 weeks and about 4 grand to sort !! :spank:

Apparently Morgan Stanley up for sale now too... rumored buyers include HSBC and China's CITIC :!:

Add that to today's Lloyds/HBOS news and you get the definite feeling that the venerable banking institutions the world has known for the past 150 years will fade from memory by the end of this year!

I wonder how the goldman sachs bonus pool will stack up this year. the one positive to come out of this!

Back