The drumsheds

sat_

Can someone write some feedback on drumsheds please, is the sound there any good?

Knowing that it is run by printworks I'm a bit concerned.

I would love to go to their hydra event in November but I promised myself not to waste time with venues that don't have good sound!!

Also how is the rest, toilets bars chill out areas etc?

Can someone write some feedback on drumsheds please, is the sound there any good?

Knowing that it is run by printworks I'm a bit concerned.

I would love to go to their hydra event in November but I promised myself not to waste time with venues that don't have good sound!!

Also how is the rest, toilets bars chill out areas etc?
wasn't impressed at all tbh. just vibeless giant hanger. felt an empty (yet full of clubbers) space if that makes sense. was a shit crowd when we went I felt and also the sound was okish in parts think they amped it up for the 'main headliners' but other than that it was shocking.. could hear everyone talking which really does my head in.. wouldn't go back put it like that

wasn't impressed at all tbh. just vibeless giant hanger. felt an empty (yet full of clubbers) space if that makes sense. was a shit crowd when we went I felt and also the sound was okish in parts think they amped it up for the 'main headliners' but other than that it was shocking.. could hear everyone talking which really does my head in.. wouldn't go back put it like that
Thats concerning to hear as im going to the hydra event with MIlls etc and that lineup is perhaps the best ive seen and it would be shame if its like that.

The crowd should be great though considering the lineup.

wasn't impressed at all tbh. just vibeless giant hanger. felt an empty (yet full of clubbers) space if that makes sense.
These are my exact sentiments, although I will also caveat that with the event and crowd not being my personal choice. also I only went during the first run of events, so I'm sure things have improved to some degree

Thats concerning to hear as im going to the hydra event with MIlls etc and that lineup is perhaps the best ive seen and it would be shame if its like that.

ive not been to a shabby Hydra party yet. hopefully they ramp it up although its that mammoth a space unless they surround sound it better im unsure if you will see grave difference

the line up should be its own door policy with that though im sure you won't have a bad time and the crowd should be spot on, we went early on to them opening also like @W_I_C so I suppose improvements could of been made

Agree with everyone. Went to Field day a few years a go, the sound was terrible. Felt echoy and didn't help create an atmosphere at all.

I know you mentioned in the other post you thought Printworks sound is decent, if not great. Well Drumsheds is far worse in comparison in my opinion.

Hopefully for this event they will fix this :)

Ah can't stand when they only amp it up for headliners!!

Shame to hear this really, the line up is so good. Maybe getting close to the speaker help hmm

I had this discussion with a promoter not that long ago - and he seemed to indicate that a lot of the time it can be a condition of booking whoever 'the headliner' is - that volume increases by 5-10db for their set over everyone else :rolleyes:

I had this discussion with a promoter not that long ago - and he seemed to indicate that a lot of the time it can be a condition of booking whoever 'the headliner' is - that volume increases by 5-10db for their set over everyone else :rolleyes:
Absolutely stupid IMO

I've been twice and I was disappointed both times. It's a very undeveloped space, transport is poor and the sound at the Carl Cox event was scandalously terrible. It was so fuzzy you couldn't hear anything but the bass. I promised to myself that I won't set foot there again.

I went for Anjunadeep Open Air (for work) and enjoyed it but it was a sunny Sunday afternoon which fitted with the vibe. I'm not sure a harder evening event would work so well. However, the staff were all very helpful and friendly.

So keeping in mind that I had pretty negative mindset about the place from reading reviews I was pleasantly surprised.

I think one thing to note is that this place has more of a festival type of feel rather than a club, so it really wouldn't be fair to compare it with other proper clubs like fabric etc.

When we arrived the sound was pretty muffed and felt like it didn't fill the place which was a bit disappointing but the tunes from modeselektor and special request was great so the party was on. Ben and Marcel played a really nice set which was the perfect warm up for Jeff.

Once Jeff was on the stage I believe they turned up the volume fully and it was great! It was my first time seeing Jeff and really got blown away, the wizard took everyone on a proper space trip!

Ninas and Paula's set was full of energy and at that point the party was in full force! Sound was great too, but if you wanted to get that clarity and punchness you had to be in the middle close to the front.

The biggest downer was the bar service tho, bar staff was the slowest I saw in my life. I even saw them working extra slow on purpose just to annoy the already annoyed punters. What a buzz killer! Luckily I managed to brush it off and continue the party.

Another downside is the toilets are miles away, you have to leave the warehouse and walk all the way to the entrance which in the current temperatures was not fun at all!

Despite a few downers overall had lots of fun. Musically very well curated, great light show and it had this nice festival type of vibe/feeling being surrounded with so many people in a huge warehouse.

If the line up is right, I most likely be coming back.

I echo the mixed sentiment. The music was really good from Klockmann, mills(was the standout) and kraviz and temple. But f*** that was the quietists party ive been too. TERRBLE sound, waay to quiet and muffled. It got better for mills etc but still to quiet.

And this venue isnt suited for winter at all, everyone was freezing and wearing jackets on for the whole party. The toilets where OUTSIDE in freezing temperatures.

The music and production saved the day as everything else was meh. Was in a shitty location aswell

Hydra is doing another party in December which I was considering, but I don't even want to imagine being there in mid December!!! I bet this place is much more fun in summer especially with the outside stages

I'm really surprised to hear it's still running over winter as I assumed it was a venue for the warmer months. Definitely a lot more fun in the summer!

Back