The drumsheds

In all honesty these super huge ‘festival’ venues are a bit shit. Printworks is border line but Drumsheds just wasn’t great. Wasn’t that long ago Hydra were doing events at Studio Spaces / E1

In all honesty these super huge ‘festival’ venues are a bit shit. Printworks is border line but Drumsheds just wasn’t great. Wasn’t that long ago Hydra were doing events at Studio Spaces / E1
Im a big fan of Printworks, but I’m one of those who isn’t too fussy about the music quality. If you need a certain level of it, can understand why it wouldn’t be your thing

Not the same Drumsheds venue (I think) as the thread was originally created for but I'll use it anyway..

Is anybody going to the new season?

I have Bicep tickets, thought the lineup was tougher than I expected for them to curate, but I'm pleased.
Also pleased they are DJ'ing, not a live set.

Was considering Jamie Jones but wont be around that weekend.

Not the same Drumsheds venue (I think) as the thread was originally created for but I'll use it anyway..

I have Bicep tickets, thought the lineup was tougher than I expected for them to curate, but I'm pleased.

i'm planning on going the La Discotheque party mate....

Yep, doing Bicep. Not sure about transport back into town at 3am though!

Following this thread for some honest reviews over their current AW season, hopefully some spotlighters will be going at some point!

Read mixed reviews so far, toilets are portaloos and the sheer size of the place looks daunting. Wonder if the crowd/experience same as printworks? And hopefully better sound!

Did you go in the end?

I heard a decent review from an old Spotlighter who went, he enjoyed it, said the sound was decent.
Hi mate!! Yes.......enjoyed it........though the smaller, more intimate venues are defo more my thing these days...

A review I got from a mate that went to Bugged Out.

So. Verdict:

1. Great venue. No point comparing to Print Works. It’s very different.

2. Efficient as ever. Lots of loos, bar staff, lockers. Travel not too bad as they put extra trains on.

3. It is fooking massive and fewer obvious rendezvous points. No signal. Find my friend app useless.

4. Staging and sound is excellent. Really good back room (for Erol Alkan). So it’s a nice mix of visual showmanship Vs down and dirty.

5. It feels a bit of a long way home. Enough to sober up.

So. Verdict:

2. Efficient as ever. Lots of loos, bar staff, lockers. Travel not too bad as they put extra trains on.

3. It is fooking massive and fewer obvious rendezvous points. No signal. Find my friend app useless.

4. Staging and sound is excellent. Really good back room (for Erol Alkan). So it’s a nice mix of visual showmanship Vs down and dirty.

I wonder what the travel is like for the 3am finishes when the Greater Anglia trains have all stopped

So. Verdict:

IMG_D82E143B758F-1.jpeg

Back