The drumsheds

Went to Paradise Saturday at Drumsheds, first time I have been and I thought it was wicked. People moan about the one way system but it is so much better having everyone walking in the same direction, doesn't cause any hold ups especially when some people are in a pickle, compared to WHP who don't and it is a nightmare getting from the Concourse to the Main room (and vice versa). I thought the sound was much better then what people keep going on about too. HS82 probably the set of the day for me although everyone I saw was pretty good, especially as we got there early to make the most of it, so Gaskin set the day off nicely.

Getting out the rooms and having some fresh air on the way to the toilets is nice as well, can easily do that and get a drink all in one sweep, think people just want to moan about something or too lazy to have a walk. Thought the concept of keeping some of the old Ikea features was good too, stairs and some of the stickers on the walls and the stairs.

Would definitely go again.

Went to Paradise Saturday at Drumsheds, first time I have been and I thought it was wicked. People moan about the one way system but it is so much better having everyone walking in the same direction, doesn't cause any hold ups especially when some people are in a pickle, compared to WHP who don't and it is a nightmare getting from the Concourse to the Main room (and vice versa). I thought the sound was much better then what people keep going on about too. HS82 probably the set of the day for me although everyone I saw was pretty good, especially as we got there early to make the most of it, so Gaskin set the day off nicely.

Getting out the rooms and having some fresh air on the way to the toilets is nice as well, can easily do that and get a drink all in one sweep, think people just want to moan about something or too lazy to have a walk. Thought the concept of keeping some of the old Ikea features was good too, stairs and some of the stickers on the walls and the stairs.

Would definitely go again.
We went as well. It was a good setup once you got your head around the overall layout. We arrived around 4pm and pretty much walked straight in. The queue for the lockers was still massive at that time though. X room is just so massive. I thought the roof was going to be a bit lower. It lost a bit of atmosphere as was too bright for my liking. The production was a bit lacking. I agree that HS82 was the best. JJ was pretty boring and we left early on in his set. The Y room was better as darker, but again the production/staging was strange. What were the polar bears all about?

It's very well organised and staff all pleasant, but not sure we would go back again. I think 15k people on one space if not the vibe I am looking for these days.

We went as well. It was a good setup once you got your head around the overall layout. We arrived around 4pm and pretty much walked straight in. The queue for the lockers was still massive at that time though. X room is just so massive. I thought the roof was going to be a bit lower. It lost a bit of atmosphere as was too bright for my liking. The production was a bit lacking. I agree that HS82 was the best. JJ was pretty boring and we left early on in his set. The Y room was better as darker, but again the production/staging was strange. What were the polar bears all about?

It's very well organised and staff all pleasant, but not sure we would go back again. I think 15k people on one space if not the vibe I am looking for these days.

Pleased to hear good reviews. Always enjoyed HS82

The more videos I see of the place the more I think I might agree with you about a 15k people not being my sort of place as it just seems too vast.

Looking forward to it in a few weeks though. Might stick with the smaller rooms.
Just need to hope the train strikes don't mess up my trip home any more than it already is leaving Tottenham at 3am.

Forgot to ask, to anyone who's been to a Friday event, what time did you get in and were there many queues getting in?

Trying to figure out best time to go for the evening events. I remember at Printworks before 8.30pm or so was usually ok.

Pleased to hear good reviews. Always enjoyed HS82

The more videos I see of the place the more I think I might agree with you about a 15k people not being my sort of place as it just seems too vast.

Looking forward to it in a few weeks though. Might stick with the smaller rooms.
Just need to hope the train strikes don't mess up my trip home any more than it already is leaving Tottenham at 3am.
We've plumped for an awful hotel in Chingford. Classy.

I echo the mixed sentiment. The music was really good from Klockmann, mills(was the standout) and kraviz and temple. But f*** that was the quietists party ive been too. TERRBLE sound, waay to quiet and muffled. It got better for mills etc but still to quiet.

And this venue isnt suited for winter at all, everyone was freezing and wearing jackets on for the whole party. The toilets where OUTSIDE in freezing temperatures.

The music and production saved the day as everything else was meh. Was in a shitty location aswell

on my flight to Ibiza in July I was sitting opposite 2 sound engineers who were on their way to work at one of the clubs, and I heard them slate the sound in Drumshed constantly for 20 mins, they had visited the venue for work, too big for the system installed was one of the comments.

on my flight to Ibiza in July I was sitting opposite 2 sound engineers who were on their way to work at one of the clubs, and I heard them slate the sound in Drumshed constantly for 20 mins, they had visited the venue for work, too big for the system installed was one of the comments.
interesting gossip haha

I can see what they said being true

will be interested to see the Drumcode line up to fill that venue
Yep, I don't think it will have trouble filling it out, although having said that I see KNTXT hasn't sold out for next week so who knows. Drumcode at Tobaccos docks tended to sell out, not sure how much smaller Tobacco docks was in total though

Will be interesting to see once the Drumsheds novelty runs out and people tick it off their list after one visit, will people return to it regularly. I think next season will be the true test.

Next seasons line-up is a bit of the usual suspects. Was hoping for a Dixon date, plus hoping Keinemusic would have a slot somewhere.

Going tomorrow for the False Idols event. After the feedback above, I'll be sure to bring a warm jacket!

I found a t-shirt and hoodie more than sufficient at Paradise and stored jacket in locker. Took the hoodie off after a while. Was a few degrees warmer then, mind

Will be interested to hear how the temperature is! Jumper or no jumper for Hydra next week?
Followed the very helpful advice from @W_I_C above and brought a jacket for the locker. I had a tee, long sleeve tee and a hoody too. Tied the long sleeve and hoody around my waist when I was inside and then on again anytime I went outside for a breather or food! Saturday was VERY cold though so hopefully won't be as bad for you this week. Also, queue for lockers wasn't bad at all (although I arrived at 2pm).

In terms of the venue itself, it's certainly impressive. Visuals in the main room were really cool. My favourite room was Z which is the smallest. Had a good atmosphere in there. Apart from that, maybe I'm just getting older and less tolerant for BIG events but I don't think I will be in any rush back really. Just seems like endless one way systems to navigate and at peak times (so Job Jobse B2B Saoirse at Y on Sat for example), you have to queue to get in to the smaller rooms. Constantly people shoving past for the first part of their set but it did calm down after an hour or so. Obviously a venue of this size isn't going to be particularly central but location wise, it was a bit of a faff having to go to Liverpool Street first to get a train to closer to the venue. We also found it hard to find our group at times due to poor signal as mentioned above. There was a Wi-Fi though which my friends somehow had the password for. Sound wasn't great in X I thought but there was a lot of live performances in there as opposed to DJ sets so maybe that makes a difference. X room really is MASSIVE.

I went to the older Drumsheds venue (which I think was nearby but I don't remember having to get a train to Meridan Water for that!) and this is definitely an improvement from there, as that was literally just a massive shed from memory.

The line-up for Hydra is great so I'm sure you will have a great time. Hope my post isn't overly negative. Think I'm just preferring smaller clubs these days. I will say that the selection of food stalls outside is really good! Hope you have a good one!

Followed the very helpful advice from @W_I_C above and brought a jacket for the locker. I had a tee, long sleeve tee and a hoody too. Tied the long sleeve and hoody around my waist when I was inside and then on again anytime I went outside for a breather or food! Saturday was VERY cold though so hopefully won't be as bad for you this week. Also, queue for lockers wasn't bad at all (although I arrived at 2pm).

In terms of the venue itself, it's certainly impressive. Visuals in the main room were really cool. My favourite room was Z which is the smallest. Had a good atmosphere in there. Apart from that, maybe I'm just getting older and less tolerant for BIG events but I don't think I will be in any rush back really. Just seems like endless one way systems to navigate and at peak times (so Job Jobse B2B Saoirse at Y on Sat for example), you have to queue to get in to the smaller rooms. Constantly people shoving past for the first part of their set but it did calm down after an hour or so. Obviously a venue of this size isn't going to be particularly central but location wise, it was a bit of a faff having to go to Liverpool Street first to get a train to closer to the venue. We also found it hard to find our group at times due to poor signal as mentioned above. There was a Wi-Fi though which my friends somehow had the password for. Sound wasn't great in X I thought but there was a lot of live performances in there as opposed to DJ sets so maybe that makes a difference. X room really is MASSIVE.

I went to the older Drumsheds venue (which I think was nearby but I don't remember having to get a train to Meridan Water for that!) and this is definitely an improvement from there, as that was literally just a massive shed from memory.

The line-up for Hydra is great so I'm sure you will have a great time. Hope my post isn't overly negative. Think I'm just preferring smaller clubs these days. I will say that the selection of food stalls outside is really good! Hope you have a good one!
Thanks mate, very useful review.

I did notice last weekend was freeezing, I did feel for those who went like you. I think for us its supposed to be a balmy 10 degrees dropping to 7 at night haha

I remember going to the other Drumsheds, yeah, it was just a big shed, acoustics were terrible. I'm pleased this is an improvement.

Thanks for the heads up on queues to the smaller rooms. Might need to get a quick timetable when we go in, as I definitely want to see Dettmann if possible and I guess he is in a smaller room.

I've bitten the bullet and booked a cab for the way home. Living in South Croydon and with the train strikes there's no trains south from central till 6am so will have to suck it up and pay up 😣

Solid review, thanks darlin’

Feeling VERY fragile today….
I was very much the same on Saturday haha 😣
What was your final verdict?

I agree with a lot of the previous reviews on the venue.
First of all even though I knew it was a big place, you don't quite get an idea of how big until you get there. It is quite something to see as you approach it.
The main worry for me was the sound and I think it was quite acceptable. Y-room was the best as was mentioned and it reminded me of the Inkwells room at Printworks. Nice and loud.
Main room was louder than i though it would be. Don't quite get the loudness of the Y-Room but still good enough to dance in. Only ventured a few mins in X-room and thought that was the worst of the 3.
The organisation was great. Yes one way systems are annoying, but would be worse if it was a free for all. Need to plan a bit on toilet or cigarette breaks, but that's fine I'm happy with that. Never once was I squashed or had to queue for anything. You get a sense of the scale of the place when you go outside and see the the chill out area, which at first looks similar size to the Printworks one, then you realise there's another space just down some stairs the same size again.

So don't really have anything bad to say about the venue.

Now music wise it really wasn't my bag. Was hoping more techno sets than what I heard. Special Request and Dettmann played good sets but the rest were just a mix bag of all types of genres that had no continuity. A lot of DnB which at times played in all rooms at the same. I'd rather they just had genre's for each room, but that's just my preference, others do like to hear variety in one place.
Thought Bicep was same, lots of different genres in they're set. The last time I saw them play a dj set it was just more traditional techno, so i just couldn't get into it this time, but a lot of the crowd seemed to enjoy it.

Have my ticket for Drumcode in March which I know will definitely be more my thing 😀

Back