The decadence of Playa Den Bossa

Status
Not open for further replies.
You stayed before? Anyone got any idea if the speakers in the room are decent? The fridge is a life safer, plan to drink lots out of it!

Yeah, several times. Three times in total. Twice before their last refurb, and once again before this latest one.
Speaker did the job but depending on what you're hoping for, it doesn't go silly loud for obvious reasons.

Yeah, several times. Three times in total. Twice before their last refurb, and once again before this latest one.
Speaker did the job but depending on what you're hoping for, it doesn't go silly loud for obvious reasons.

Great, was just wondering if it was worth bringing my little bose fellow. Sounds like it’s not needed, just for the casual listening pre and post club probably.

Bring your Bose anyway. Can't recall if the speaker was sufficient enough to enjoy on your balcony. Thinking it might not have been, though can't recall for sure.
Plus, always good for the beach - don't forget Bora Bora no longer play music audible enough.

I really don’t think PDB is that bad... some of you actually need to go and visit somewhere like Blackpool if you think there is any comparison! I’ll admit it’s depressing how quiet it has got over the last couple of years particularly the area around Sankey’s, and the sheer number of aggressive drug pushers can be quite grating at times.

Still some half decent, relatively affordable and fun bars around though and Bora Bora is always brilliant for an afternoon. Plus it’s easy to access from the airport and there are plenty of more sophisticated places within walking distance - mainly around the other side of the beach from Bora Bora. Good value all- inclusive hotels too which I know aren’t well thought of on here but are a necessary evil in mitigating the excessive cost of the island sometimes.

Sorry buddy, no offence was meant to Blackpool :lol:

Stayed in pdb at Bora Bora last year for a long weekend with the lads and it was spot on for what we wanted.

Wouldn’t really stay there with my missus though. Horses for courses.

I’ve been to Blackpool too so I can make a comparison. Similarity being that if they don’t keep on top of these places they can easily slide downhill.

Update....

The straight past Ushuaia up to jet is a bit quiet. But by no means dead. However local business may see the numbers they take and feel as though is isn't great at all. Pago Pago seemed busy.

Jet although I didn't look closely did seem empty. Couldn't say that 5 years ago. Haven't gone past Bora yet.

However.........

Hard Rock is vibes....... so far best place we've stayed on the island .......

Could have been the weather influence . But it is out now so all is well in the world......

I agree. Not dead but it has lost its vibes. Walked from the end of PdB to Figuretas late last night. A few years ago you could see people everywhere and people partying, asking you to join them, now just a few homeless/ lucky men trying to catch some sleep on the beach. Definitely less brits on the strip as well. I won't be staying here again I think. It was Brits who made this island "the party destination" in 80s and 90s. Now Italians, French and Spanish just walk up and down the street and don't spend money un the bars so the place is struggling. No banter, no laugh no jokes. You can say bad things about brits (drink too much etc.) but they know how to party and always are open and friendly to you. The strip in just another busy town street now. Place is changing. I think opening of Ushuaia and Hi has ruined the place.

out of interest is coco beach closed or is it just open at night?? i walked past 2 hours ago and it looks like it has been closed for sometime.. loungers no longer there and doors left wide open. The beach was slightly more busy and clean,well up to Nassau. What i’ve noticed more this time is the amount of dealers trying to sell right outside of ushuaia- the hotel entrance. Strange why the security don’t shift them along but stopped a girl entering because she was carrying a plastic bag from the spar which she was showing was only deodorant purchased

Last edited:
I walked by Coco on Saturday and it looked open to me but I am not sure now.
They (security at Ushuaia) do not care because they probably get commission from the dealers ....and from thefts (people report missing items and they do nothing) . I do not understand why people would want to stay at this hotel at all.
Just read the reviews, some of them will make you laugh - it just sounds like a tourist trap and monkey business.
You will always read bad reviews about hotels (dirty towels, noise, rude receptionist.. the usual stuff) but their bad reviews are really serious (thefts, taking money for nothing, money missing from cards, taking money for bringing a guest to your room(always a different amount))....

Space gone, Bora Bora’s peak long gone and PDB trying to be Miami (at nutty prices...).

Same for San An Sun set strip.

It’s like anything - if you know no different then it’s not a prob.

My comparison is from 1999. I’m sure people 10 years previous were hating what had changed between 89 and 99.

The beach is nice, but sadly even that gets dragged down by the constant stream of ticket sellers popping up to annoy you!

Well annoying.

Even had them waking me up on my sunbed trying to sell me tickets for boat parties or whatever.

Hate getting woken up, unless it’s for food or something.

Twats.

Also the daytime music level restrictions had a massive impact.

Nothing worse than a quiet party.

Good point, first ever time I went to Bossa you could hear Bora Bora before you could see it, now you pretty much have to go inside to hear what the song is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back