The decadence of Playa Den Bossa

Status
Not open for further replies.
For our first trip this year we stayed there as was a bit last minute and needed to keep costs down. I’ll never go back to stay.

Probably the worst place on the island for me , and I really don’t like san an

Bossa has been taken over by every nationality except the British

It’s a stinky hole ,, Matutes have it !

Am i right in thinking the general consensus on here is that this decline of sorts is recent?

The last time i stayed in that resort was 2014 and it was a bit of a dump then too, over run with brasses

Bars with them shitty tin tables and seats charging 10 euros a drink, is it any wonder trade has slowed down

Used to be good for Sankeys and customer service was good in some of the bars... I wouldn't write off staying there again if accommodation came up cheaper than in Ibiza Town or Fig. Those are the places I like to hang out, and they are only a short walk away (I know I've said this many, many times before :spank: :lol:).

Usually stay there as there are some decent hotels. Also like to be relatively central to where I’m going. I see they are developing massive five star complex and living quarters on the way to Ibiza town, across the road from the Sirenis hotels. Clubs at the other end. The middle bit needs a damn good tidy up and clean. The problem is any clean up operation and development appears to be vip driven.

Sankeys looks like a ramshackled derelict building. I used to feel the same about san an. Maybe it’s time to return there?

As for the clientele, the usual mix but hardly any British, which I like, another reason not to stay in san an.

Last edited by a moderator:
We've been doing it for years.. probably cost less the two long drinks at el divino. Balcony looks fckn great we even had a big free Tibet flag scarf on one wall.. didn't even know what they were freeing.. still looked good..:)

Another diario article says how empty all the shops and streets are there between the hotels.
I've said this before on here and it'll happen sooner than I thought apparently: We'll all be renting these spruced up 5 star places at three star prices soon and as the clientele changes again we'll have pdb back to old "glory" hopefully :)

It has all the downsides of San An’s Westend without the cheap prices to make it worthwhile.

The highest concentration of ticket sellers on Planet Earth, nice beach but covered in ticket sellers and lookie lookies so you get about 30 seconds rest before the next peddler is stood over you trying to sell something.

a resort in decline: you have to poke Sankeys with a stick to see if it is still alive, while it is the capital of EDM with Ushuaia and Hi.

while I fully agree PdB has changed for worse in the past few years, I think it's important we point out a few of the positives:

- the beach, especially the south end, is really nice - the southern end is also quieter than the rest. whereas I'd never go to san an to be on a beach (because that is where san an REALLY is lacking), I do frequent that bit of PdB every now and then still.
- proximity to ibiza town, airport as well as salinas and es cavallet beaches.

it's gonna be stuff for the ibiza gossip 2019 thread (not to be started before closings as per traditional rule), but I am pretty certain accommodation prices will come down for next year.

if the pound drops post brexit, lower accommodation prices could prove critical to retaining british numbers (if thats what is wanted)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back