The Cross Closes on NYE For Good......

Went to Azuli on the saturday, it was fantastic, one of the best nights i've had this year, and it reminded me why I liked The Cross so much in the past.

Just right amount of people, the Marquee was such a good addition (why wasn't that added before?!). We were there most of the night, it was going off till 8am when they had to chuck us all out.

Musicwise it was very Space terrace music, loads of classics which i guess is what people wanted seeing it would be their last time there.

Was very sad when we left :cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone go?

Unhappy punters here, although I'd suggest there's a few of those at any NYE event:

http://www.dontstayin.com/uk/london/the-cross/chat/k-2361893

By the sound of things this is worse than the usual NYE club being busy and a long cloakroom queue.

Buckley, since you're in the know in all this, do promoters actually sell tickets over capacity a lot for certain nights like NYE? I realise airlines do it, but surely if someone cant make it to NYE they will sell their tickets on to someone else, so there shouldnt be too many no shows?

I think it's pretty disgraceful that Space did this, plus that they sold a VIP ticket for £30 more knowing full well they had no benefits from it!

Interesting to see there's been no post from anyone apologising, no that you can say much.

Also, isn't it the promoters choice as to how many people they let in? Its just many people are having a go at The Cross, and im guessing it's not their fault is it?

Its strange it wasnt even that rammed inside the cross for the afterparty but they were turning loads of ppl away from what i can tell

Its strange it wasnt even that rammed inside the cross for the afterparty but they were turning loads of ppl away from what i can tell

I'll be surprised if they even had an idea of the amount of people inside. The more stories you read the more you wonder how the hell they could do it all so badly!

Like i said at the start of this thread a few months ago, i was very surprised to see they let Space / Alist do this night.

I wouldve thought the Cross wouldve wanted well established respected night to do their last ever event.. The likes of Azuli, Renaissance, Type, Muzic X-press, Serious/Dusted, Vertigo.. some of these have had residencies there for years and I'm sure wouldve done a better job of it (not to mention had DJs people have heard of!)

Have to say I ended up in the Cross afterparty for a few hours until about 11ish after Canvas. Luckily didnt have to que (because of my A-list connections) which probs made it seem much better but actually thought it was excellent as did the guys I was with.

wastn overly rammed but once I was inside that was perfect!

Buckley, since you're in the know in all this, do promoters actually sell tickets over capacity a lot for certain nights like NYE? I realise airlines do it, but surely if someone cant make it to NYE they will sell their tickets on to someone else, so there shouldnt be too many no shows?

Yep, it's standard John Alist policy, he'll have made an absolute killing and the overselling will have been 100% deliberate.

Yep, it's standard John Alist policy, he'll have made an absolute killing and the overselling will have been 100% deliberate.

Only know as far as the afterparty that they let people with normal tickets stay on, which obviously meant loads of people with Afterparty tkts only couldnt get in!

Just seems like a poorly planned event and so glad I spent most the night at Canvas

:lol:
Buckley, good work on that thread on dsi, I see youre getting stuck in. ;)

ps: I have to say I do agree with you.

Back