The Cross Closes on NYE For Good......

i can't get dsi at work, so i read that thread over the wknd and had a good hoot at it. miss boo's usual no nonsense dead pan comments had me chuckling;)

uncle buck, when have you worked with that geezer? (and what was that bird on saying you were pretty!!?? :eek: :lol:)

i can't get dsi at work, so i read that thread over the wknd and had a good hoot at it. miss boo's usual no nonsense dead pan comments had me chuckling;)

uncle buck, when have you worked with that geezer? (and what was that bird on saying you were pretty!!?? :eek: :lol:)

2003/2004. The dream DJ duo Buckley and Dempsey played The Cross NYE 2003 in fact!:lol:

I believe the young lady was attempting to flatter me Gregatello, yes:lol:

2003/2004. The dream DJ duo Buckley and Dempsey played The Cross NYE 2003 in fact!:lol:

I remember visiting Buckley House to pick tickets up for that night - should've got 50% refund for only seeing one half of the dream duo play :p

I remember visiting Buckley House to pick tickets up for that night - should've got 50% refund for only seeing one half of the dream duo play :p

:lol:

I'd forgotten you'd been there. Did you think I was winding you up? "Yeah, it's Buckley House, Buckley Road, just ask for Buckley...":lol:

So what happened that night then Buckers? Why the big gripe against Mr Alist?!

(and no I'm not him using an alias ;))

Like i said at the start of this thread a few months ago, i was very surprised to see they let Space / Alist do this night.

I wouldve thought the Cross wouldve wanted well established respected night to do their last ever event.. The likes of Azuli, Renaissance, Type, Muzic X-press, Serious/Dusted, Vertigo.. some of these have had residencies there for years and I'm sure wouldve done a better job of it (not to mention had DJs people have heard of!)

It went to the highest bidder. I was miffed at the time like yourself.

And now we all know how he afforded to outbid the others!

It's an outrage!:lol:

So what happened that night then Buckers? Why the big gripe against Mr Alist?!

(and no I'm not him using an alias ;))
That night was a roaring success for the Buckers roadshow. He offered us some ludricrous sum plus a fiver a ticket sold to get us involved. He tried to get us to handover all the ticket money and pay us at the end of the night, but I refused and gave him the balance of sales less our agreed fee and comission.

Every other time I worked with them it tooks weeks and numerous phone calls and visits to his house to shake cash out of him. On one occassion he claimed to be out of the country, but when I said I was walking up his drive he said he'd forgotten he'd left a cheque for me under the mat outside his front door. I could see him twitching the curtains as I picked it up:lol:

Used to double book DJs all the time too. Ask Alex G about the time he had the same 1.5 hr set time in the loft at Egg as us!

And he's still spamming my hotmail, no matter how many times I unsubscribe!

aah yes, memories. in truth I was more a Key man myself - my favourite multicoloured dancefloor ever, even if the staff were a nightmare and someone once lifted my phone whilst I was having a rave nap! spent a lot of time in king's cross around 2004-7 when it was still in that transitional phase from crackhead to full on yuppie. york way was certainly an interesting place at 7am. ended up at flats with so many wrong 'uns. hazy memories of things I still don't really understand.. what's left now? scala and egg?

Back