Tell us how it was - Ibiza 2024

Dates you were there: 9th-11th August

Where you stayed: Hostal La Torre...first time staying here, and will stay here again - locked in a decent rate by booking back in Feb, so will be on the look out for the same deal. Staff really attentive and friendly, and the setting is gorgeous. Breakfast was also very good I have to say.

Club nights visited: None - this was a proper chill weekend although was very tempted to head over to salinas yday when I saw JST was playing. I had pre-paid for subeds at el silencio on cala moli and it was a nightmare getting a cab away from there so in the end didn't head to salinas...October trip is clubbier!

Best night: Only there one night really as we arrived late on Friday! Saturday was lovely at La Torre, spectacular sunset, good drinks and dinner afterwards. There is a room upstairs called The Mirador where you can just have a drink before dinner, also noticed people just rocking up and watching the sunset on the rocks but don't think they would serve you drinks from La Torre if you want to do that so bring your own. George Solar was dj for the night and he was very good.

Worst night: None

Best bar: Didn't really do a bar...had sunbeds on cala gracio on Saturday and El Silencio the day after at cala moli. I was surprised the drinks from cala gracio chiringuito actually more expensive than El Silencio...and service wasn't anywhere near as good. 9.5 euros for a pint there.

Best place to eat: Lunch at Cala Gracioneta was amazing on Saturday and the setting also very beautiful. We had the seafood paella to share and actually think it is ok value when you look at some of the other prices on the menu...think it was 45 euros each and the quality was very good, and huge portion. We ate at El Silencio yesterday and the quality of the food was as good, but the service was a little chaotic given there seemed to be double the amount of staff...our tapas sharers came after the mains and they weren't all that apologetic...not even a free chupito...

Best beach and/or beach club: Beach at cala moli is great and the service on the beach sunbeds was good too.

Money spent: Quite a lot...flights and hotel paid for ages ago though so didn't feel quite as bad as it probably was! Deffo echo the sentiments re prices, feels like it is getting more and more expensive, although I've gone for some high end places again here as a treat for the wife's bday so can't cry too much! Wanted to make the most of a kid free weekend for some r&r!

Biggest regret: Missing Jon Sa Trinxa

Going back?: October for Sven at Akasha closing.

Top tip: We didn't really go for anything too adventurous here - wanted most things to be walkable/easily reachable...shout to @Clara for a few last minute tips on new paces to try though.

Observations and/or conclusion: Deffo more American accents about and some of the restaurants potentially trying harder to serve the higher end clientele! Was offered Canadian tomahawk steaks as a lunch special - would much rather have something local/seasonal offered!

Last edited:
Dates you were there: 15/08/24 --19/08/24

Where you stayed: San Ann Beach Apartments

Club nights visited: One more time Ibiza (Eden) / Pure Reggaetón (es paradis) / Elrow (amnesia) / Solomun (pacha)

Best night: Tough one this--for me Eden

Worst night: es paradis--pleased visited , music just not for me , but pleased i checked it out

Best bar: Space Eat and Dance ( Brandon block--superb )

Best place to eat: food very good everywhere ...Mambo wins

Best beach and/or beach club: Reggie Reggie ....kuhmars

Money spent: easy £1850....excluding hotel / flights (4 nights / 5 days)

Biggest regret: Non

Going back?: yes

Top tip: visit Ibiza old town , use the buses / disco bus...water taxi's ... ....pacha / amnesia very very busy

Observations and/or conclusion: Taxis ..we didn't struggle with , check out a pool party at ibiza rocks ...i was sceptical....but really enjoyed it

I found a number of previous posts really useful in planning my trip, so hope someone finds this brain dump useful!

Dates you were there:

15th - 18th August

Where you stayed:

Zodiac Apartments, San Antonio Bay.

No frills, but a quiet location to catch some sleep. Pool area was nice. The older dude running the place smelled continuously of booze, so very on-brand for Ibiza!

Overall, exactly what we hoped and had paid for.

Club nights visited:

Thurs: One More Time, Eden.
Fri: Joseph Capriati presents Metamorfosi, Amnesia.
Sat: Pikes House Party, Pikes.

Best night:

Firstly, an honourable mention to Pikes. It’s a must visit if you’re in Ibiza for a few nights. Different from any other clubbing experience I’ve had, in a good way.

Make sure you arrive early and be kind to the hostesses. We had a really interesting tour of the place while it was quiet. The pool area where the Club Tropicana video was filmed and Freddie Mercury’s suite - it’s a whimsical place with an interesting history.

The only drawback for me, the main ‘club’ room at the back was insanely hot. I found it hard to find a spot I was comfortable in for any duration of time to enjoy the vibe and music.

It’s a good place to go for a final night if you want to dial it back a little before heading home. It finishes up a little earlier - 4am I think - and you could have a perfectly nice time talking to people in the courtyard alone.

The place will live long in the memory!

Overall, the best night was Metamorfosi at Amnesia.

It was probably more the whole day rather than just Amnesia. Started the day swimming in the sea before spending a couple of hours at Reggae Reggae Bar sipping a couple of drinks watching the world pass by.

Quick change back at the hotel before catching the bus to Mint Lounge for a couple of drinks and dinner while the sun descended into the sea.

Arrived at Amnesia just before midnight. Was about half full already by this point. Spent about an hour in the smaller/darker room before moving to the back of the main room.

The music and the crowd were great. The club is rightly an institution and a clubbing pilgrimage spot.

From about 4am onwards the main room was seriously busy. I found a spot literally against the back wall, where I bopped away until about 6am. By this point the sheer busyness encouraged me to leave.

I saw a couple of people pass out. There’s a lot of factors at play here beyond just busyness - I assume! - but it certainly didn’t help the folks get the help they needed quickly as security staff had to make their way through throngs of people to drag them out the fire doors at the back.

This didn’t distract from the previous six hours, which were great!

Worst night:

Eden, One More Time gets the wooden spoon.

Our flight arrived late Thursday evening so we wanted somewhere close we could get to quickly.

DJ SASH! was great and played some awesome late-90s classics. The club itself feels downtrodden and the vibe closer to a UK provincial town centre than Ibiza.

The toilets were apocalyptically bad - faeces and baggies everywhere!

There was glass all over the dancefloor. When I pointed this out to the security team, I got a shrug as if to say ‘not my problem’.

Credit to the staff behind the bar - when I pointed it out to them they were over there like a flash to sweep it up.

The club got to about 50% capacity at its busiest and started to thin out quite quickly thereafter. By about 4:00 am, I’d had my fill and walked back to the hotel.

It was by no means a bad night. DJ SASH! was awesome and I really enjoyed the trip down memory lane. If you spot a DJ you like playing there, go, but I wouldn’t go as a destination in itself.

Also, use the toilets elsewhere!

Best bar:

Didn’t spend a huge amount of time in bars, but Reggae Reggae Bar in San Antonio Bay is a wonderful place to while away a couple of hours!

Best place to eat:

Mint Lounge - the food was just about good enough for the price, but didn’t blow my skirt up. It does have incredible views of the sunset. I guess that’s what you’re paying for.

Skinny Kitchen - I liked it here. Food was affordable and healthy plus before 8pm they did 2-for-1 cocktails.

Cool Cafe - little brunch place in San Antonio Bay. The complete opposite of Mint Lounge. Off the beaten track, but the food is excellent and reasonably priced.

Best beach and/or beach club:

The only beach I set foot on was the one next to Reggae Reggae Bar - looked fine as far as beaches go. I'm not a massive beach goer.

Didn’t venture to any of the beach or day clubs.

Money spent:

Too much.

Biggest regret:

I spent a few hours in Ibiza Old Town on day three before Pikes. The town is pretty enough but I was a little underwhelmed.

Has plenty of the usual identikit high end shops you find in all wealthy European cities. Also seemed very quiet to me and lacked any buzz.

Conversely, the streets behind Sunset Strip in San Antonio trend closer to Benidorm than Ibiza. Walked through out of curiosity, and it wasn’t an especially pleasant experience.

In fairness, it doesn’t cater to my age bracket, and it looked like the people there were having fun - so, fair play to them!

Going back?:

No immediate plans, but I’m sure a visit in 2025 or 2026 isn’t beyond the realms of possibility.

Top tip:

Nothing groundbreaking that hasn’t already been pointed out in previous posts.

Taxis are plentiful so don’t stress about getting around or home after a night out.

Also, everything is expensive. Spend what you’re comfortable spending, but you’re not going to find many bargains in Ibiza.

Observations and/or conclusion:

Overall, a really fun three days.

The over-filling of clubs is something discussed at length here so I won’t add much beyond maybe get to the club a little early so you can duck out when it gets rammed towards the final hour or two.

I found a number of previous posts really useful in planning my trip, so hope someone finds this brain dump useful!

Dates you were there:

15th - 18th August

Where you stayed:

Zodiac Apartments, San Antonio Bay.

No frills, but a quiet location to catch some sleep. Pool area was nice. The older dude running the place smelled continuously of booze, so very on-brand for Ibiza!

Overall, exactly what we hoped and had paid for.

Club nights visited:

Thurs: One More Time, Eden.
Fri: Joseph Capriati presents Metamorfosi, Amnesia.
Sat: Pikes House Party, Pikes.

Best night:

Firstly, an honourable mention to Pikes. It’s a must visit if you’re in Ibiza for a few nights. Different from any other clubbing experience I’ve had, in a good way.

Make sure you arrive early and be kind to the hostesses. We had a really interesting tour of the place while it was quiet. The pool area where the Club Tropicana video was filmed and Freddie Mercury’s suite - it’s a whimsical place with an interesting history.

The only drawback for me, the main ‘club’ room at the back was insanely hot. I found it hard to find a spot I was comfortable in for any duration of time to enjoy the vibe and music.

It’s a good place to go for a final night if you want to dial it back a little before heading home. It finishes up a little earlier - 4am I think - and you could have a perfectly nice time talking to people in the courtyard alone.

The place will live long in the memory!

Overall, the best night was Metamorfosi at Amnesia.

It was probably more the whole day rather than just Amnesia. Started the day swimming in the sea before spending a couple of hours at Reggae Reggae Bar sipping a couple of drinks watching the world pass by.

Quick change back at the hotel before catching the bus to Mint Lounge for a couple of drinks and dinner while the sun descended into the sea.

Arrived at Amnesia just before midnight. Was about half full already by this point. Spent about an hour in the smaller/darker room before moving to the back of the main room.

The music and the crowd were great. The club is rightly an institution and a clubbing pilgrimage spot.

From about 4am onwards the main room was seriously busy. I found a spot literally against the back wall, where I bopped away until about 6am. By this point the sheer busyness encouraged me to leave.

I saw a couple of people pass out. There’s a lot of factors at play here beyond just busyness - I assume! - but it certainly didn’t help the folks get the help they needed quickly as security staff had to make their way through throngs of people to drag them out the fire doors at the back.

This didn’t distract from the previous six hours, which were great!

Worst night:

Eden, One More Time gets the wooden spoon.

Our flight arrived late Thursday evening so we wanted somewhere close we could get to quickly.

DJ SASH! was great and played some awesome late-90s classics. The club itself feels downtrodden and the vibe closer to a UK provincial town centre than Ibiza.

The toilets were apocalyptically bad - faeces and baggies everywhere!

There was glass all over the dancefloor. When I pointed this out to the security team, I got a shrug as if to say ‘not my problem’.

Credit to the staff behind the bar - when I pointed it out to them they were over there like a flash to sweep it up.

The club got to about 50% capacity at its busiest and started to thin out quite quickly thereafter. By about 4:00 am, I’d had my fill and walked back to the hotel.

It was by no means a bad night. DJ SASH! was awesome and I really enjoyed the trip down memory lane. If you spot a DJ you like playing there, go, but I wouldn’t go as a destination in itself.

Also, use the toilets elsewhere!

Best bar:

Didn’t spend a huge amount of time in bars, but Reggae Reggae Bar in San Antonio Bay is a wonderful place to while away a couple of hours!

Best place to eat:

Mint Lounge - the food was just about good enough for the price, but didn’t blow my skirt up. It does have incredible views of the sunset. I guess that’s what you’re paying for.

Skinny Kitchen - I liked it here. Food was affordable and healthy plus before 8pm they did 2-for-1 cocktails.

Cool Cafe - little brunch place in San Antonio Bay. The complete opposite of Mint Lounge. Off the beaten track, but the food is excellent and reasonably priced.

The only beach I set foot on was the one next to Reggae Reggae Bar - looked fine as far as beaches go. I'm not a massive beach goer.

Didn’t venture to any of the beach or day clubs.

Money spent:

Too much.

Biggest regret:

I spent a few hours in Ibiza Old Town on day three before Pikes. The town is pretty enough but I was a little underwhelmed.

Has plenty of the usual identikit high end shops you find in all wealthy European cities. Also seemed very quiet to me and lacked any buzz.

Conversely, the streets behind Sunset Strip in San Antonio trend closer to Benidorm than Ibiza. Walked through out of curiosity, and it wasn’t an especially pleasant experience.

In fairness, it doesn’t cater to my age bracket, and it looked like the people there were having fun - so, fair play to them!

Going back?:

No immediate plans, but I’m sure a visit in 2025 or 2026 isn’t beyond the realms of possibility.

Top tip:

Nothing groundbreaking that hasn’t already been pointed out in previous posts.

Taxis are plentiful so don’t stress about getting around or home after a night out.

Also, everything is expensive. Spend what you’re comfortable spending, but you’re not going to find many bargains in Ibiza.

Overall, a really fun three days.

The over-filling of clubs is something discussed at length here so I won’t add much beyond maybe get to the club a little early so you can duck out when it gets rammed towards the final hour or two.
Great view and an action packed 3 days. You’re right a lot of the magic has gone from the old town, and far too many high street shops.

Dates you were there: 17-23 August.

Where you stayed: Sud Suites Ibiza Town

Club nights visited:
Solomun +1 at Pacha
Circoloco at DC10
Soundgarden at Cova Santa

Best night:
Solomun +1 at Pacha. Just a quality night in a great club with a great +1.

All nights good though. DC10 quality and not too packed, and getting the chance to see Nick Warren/Hernan Cattaneo at Soundgarden in Cova Santa topped it off. Great to meet @butto777 for the Weds also, sound bloke.

Worst night:
None.

Best bar:
Wasn’t in many bars (if any) mostly restaurants and balcony drinking before clubs.

Best place to eat:
Pretty much stuck with restaurants along the waterfront in Figueretas. There was one in particular which had great tapas and service which I think is called Cliento80

No beach clubs, got into the sea at Figueretas a bit.

Money spent:
Decent amount

Biggest regret:
None really but would have liked to have got to Pacha earlier on the Sunday for some more of Dettmann’s set

Going back?:
Yes. Music fantastic and worth every penny. Won’t go in August again as too hot during the day (although I said that last time), looking at May next year.

Last edited:
Dates you were there:
23rd - 27th August

Where you stayed:
Hotel Abrat in San Antonio

Really like this hotel, close enough to walk along the strip and far enough out that it's not just filled with meat heads. Lots of families and groups of women

Club nights visited:
Flower Power @ Pacha
Glitterbox @ Hi
Monday at Pikes

Best night:
Pikes was great as always even though i had no idea who played, but really enjoyed the 'new look' Flower Power

Worst night:
I like Glitterbox, but after a few times of trying I just do not like Hi

Was also kind of gutted that the Space at Eden night changed to something that didn't really interest me

Best bar:
Love the Reggae beach bar
Found a little bar in Ibiza Town too but I forgot to get the name. Great sangria.

Best place to eat:
Ate at Johnny's Bar in the Bay. Not usually one for the typical Brit place abroad but the burgers were very very nice.

El Zaguan in Ibiza Town was also delicious and very reasonably priced beer and tapas for the area its in

Also had lunch at La Guay in San Antonio which was nice and reasonably priced

Cala Gracio will always be close to my heart. Shame what Mambo did to the little cafe there though

Money spent:
Let's not talk about that

Biggest regret:
Sounds ridiculous but after a good few years of going...this was my first time my Pacha and my biggest regret is not going to more nights there in the past. Haven't been avoiding it, it's just never fell right for the nights I've been to. I can tell why it's a lot of people's favourite club though. I'll make a more conscious effort to go back

Also regret having to leave Pikes early on Monday due to having to go back and get things ready for our flight

Going back?:
It's never a no

Top tip:
One for myself more than anything, don't stick to the same nights every time you go. Get out and risk trying something different

Also yes it's expensive but there are some places that are normally priced that will make you believe they are cheap because they aren't insanely expensive

I'm usually someone who goes to the Island around the end of September, but this year if we wanted to do it we had to go for the bank hol. I was dreading it a little to be honest. However it wasn't the sardine fest I'd expected. Yes the clubs were busy but most places felt much quieter than expected

It was my first visit since the noise ban got a little more aggressive and that really feels like it's sucked away a lot of the vibe. The west end and along the front with Itaca etc all offered a viable alternative to the clubs, but walking down there at night It felt no busier than in Sept. The loudest thing was a band playing on Sunday night . Depends what you want I guess, totally understand the need for it all from a locals perspective.

The sheer cost is off putting. Flights, hotels, not living on kettle boiled pasta all really ramp up the price during a time where it's not that easy to have that much more disposable income. However there are still some fantastic places at reasonable prices, and you can still get a well priced beer

Pikes without the phones was fantastic, felt very alien to begin with but really loved it. Flower Power was also great for this due to a much less Brit crowd. However we did leave during Bora Uzer, just not for me

Overheard so many conversations where people didn't have anything good to say about Hi, everyone goes because of the nights and because you should try it, but nobody ever seems to enjoy it like they do a Pacha, or literally anywhere else

the Mambo preparties always used to be a big fixture for me. A drink down on the rocks etc, but this year felt like the names just...weren't very big? They've had a few, but it feels like they lost the rights to be preparty for a lot of the bigger nights. Not sure what anyone else thinks?

We had zero issues with taxis too, all plentiful and very friendly

Dates you were there:
23rd - 27th August

Where you stayed:
Hotel Abrat in San Antonio

Really like this hotel, close enough to walk along the strip and far enough out that it's not just filled with meat heads. Lots of families and groups of women

Club nights visited:
Flower Power @ Pacha
Glitterbox @ Hi
Monday at Pikes

Best night:
Pikes was great as always even though i had no idea who played, but really enjoyed the 'new look' Flower Power

Worst night:
I like Glitterbox, but after a few times of trying I just do not like Hi

Was also kind of gutted that the Space at Eden night changed to something that didn't really interest me

Best bar:
Love the Reggae beach bar
Found a little bar in Ibiza Town too but I forgot to get the name. Great sangria.

Best place to eat:
Ate at Johnny's Bar in the Bay. Not usually one for the typical Brit place abroad but the burgers were very very nice.

El Zaguan in Ibiza Town was also delicious and very reasonably priced beer and tapas for the area its in

Also had lunch at La Guay in San Antonio which was nice and reasonably priced

Cala Gracio will always be close to my heart. Shame what Mambo did to the little cafe there though

Money spent:
Let's not talk about that

Biggest regret:
Sounds ridiculous but after a good few years of going...this was my first time my Pacha and my biggest regret is not going to more nights there in the past. Haven't been avoiding it, it's just never fell right for the nights I've been to. I can tell why it's a lot of people's favourite club though. I'll make a more conscious effort to go back

Also regret having to leave Pikes early on Monday due to having to go back and get things ready for our flight

Going back?:
It's never a no

Top tip:
One for myself more than anything, don't stick to the same nights every time you go. Get out and risk trying something different

Also yes it's expensive but there are some places that are normally priced that will make you believe they are cheap because they aren't insanely expensive

I'm usually someone who goes to the Island around the end of September, but this year if we wanted to do it we had to go for the bank hol. I was dreading it a little to be honest. However it wasn't the sardine fest I'd expected. Yes the clubs were busy but most places felt much quieter than expected

It was my first visit since the noise ban got a little more aggressive and that really feels like it's sucked away a lot of the vibe. The west end and along the front with Itaca etc all offered a viable alternative to the clubs, but walking down there at night It felt no busier than in Sept. The loudest thing was a band playing on Sunday night . Depends what you want I guess, totally understand the need for it all from a locals perspective.

The sheer cost is off putting. Flights, hotels, not living on kettle boiled pasta all really ramp up the price during a time where it's not that easy to have that much more disposable income. However there are still some fantastic places at reasonable prices, and you can still get a well priced beer

Pikes without the phones was fantastic, felt very alien to begin with but really loved it. Flower Power was also great for this due to a much less Brit crowd. However we did leave during Bora Uzer, just not for me

Overheard so many conversations where people didn't have anything good to say about Hi, everyone goes because of the nights and because you should try it, but nobody ever seems to enjoy it like they do a Pacha, or literally anywhere else

the Mambo preparties always used to be a big fixture for me. A drink down on the rocks etc, but this year felt like the names just...weren't very big? They've had a few, but it feels like they lost the rights to be preparty for a lot of the bigger nights. Not sure what anyone else thinks?

We had zero issues with taxis too, all plentiful and very friendly
Yeah 10 yrs of Gliiterbox, from Space to Hi, and Hi has just made it boring for me.. Pacha 100% always, love the sound in their, way more authentic feel to the club also. Agree, try something new every time, roll on next Thursday!!

Yeah 10 yrs of Gliiterbox, from Space to Hi, and Hi has just made it boring for me.. Pacha 100% always, love the sound in their, way more authentic feel to the club also. Agree, try something new every time, roll on next Thursday!!
Came home to a house leak and managed to find the first Glitterbox sampler CD from their season at Booom while tidying up

I had the Same thought regarding Mambo and the Pre Parties. Used to be regular big names. A lot of the posts I see from them aren’t the Big Names of the past

I wasn't sure if they just weren't big to me and I was getting old or if they were just a lot of the time the opening act of the parties

Seen some crazy names there in the past day after day

I wasn't sure if they just weren't big to me and I was getting old or if they were just a lot of the time the opening act of the parties

Seen some crazy names there in the past day after day
Are big djs just flying in/out during peak dates with more events/ festivals on, rather then kicking back on the island. I find they have bigger in September but we’ll see when there…

Dates you were there: 17-23 August.

Where you stayed: Sud Suites Ibiza Town

Club nights visited:
Solomun + Marcell Dettmann at Pacha
Circoloco at DC10
Soundgarden at Cova Santa

Best night:
Solomun +1 at Pacha. Just a quality night in a great club with a great +1.

All nights good though. DC10 quality and not too packed, and getting the chance to see Nick Warren/Hernan Cattaneo at Soundgarden in Cova Santa topped it off. Great to meet @butto777 for the Weds also, sound bloke.

Worst night:
None.

Best bar:
Wasn’t in many bars (if any) mostly restaurants and balcony drinking before clubs.

Best place to eat:
Pretty much stuck with restaurants along the waterfront in Figueretas. There was one in particular which had great tapas and service which I think is called Cliento80

No beach clubs, got into the sea at Figueretas a bit.

Money spent:
Decent amount

Biggest regret:
None really but would have liked to have got to Pacha earlier on the Sunday for some more of Dettmann’s set

Going back?:
Yes. Music fantastic and worth every penny. Won’t go in August again as too hot during the day (although I said that last time), looking at May next year.
Staying in Sud Suites in 3 weeks time, any tips for the place? I know the area, just not those apartments. Were they chilled out? Did taxi drivers know it by name? I booked Sud suites as it looks a step up from Ryan's (at the other end of Figuretes which I stayed a few years ago) for not a lot extra money, and a step down from an Air bnb apartment opposite Hotel Cenit last year that I couldn't justify for a solo trip.

Staying in Sud Suites in 3 weeks time, any tips for the place? I know the area, just not those apartments. Were they chilled out? Did taxi drivers know it by name? I booked Sud suites as it looks a step up from Ryan's (at the other end of Figuretes which I stayed a few years ago) for not a lot extra money, and a step down from an Air bnb apartment opposite Hotel Cenit last year that I couldn't justify for a solo trip.
Can’t really fault the place to be honest. Didn’t hear any noise and they all face the water so great views and sound of the sea is nice.

No hassle with taxis either, would stay again.

Dates you were there: 25/08 - 29/08

Where you stayed: Orosol

Club nights visited: O Beach & David Morales @ Pikes

Best night: Pikes obviously wins by default but doubt anything would have topped it if we’d done more! Me and my girlfriend have been separately to Ibiza loads of times but neither ever been to Pikes so this was one of the only things we wanted to experience really! Absolutely loved it. Such a good vibe and the fact it’s free is obviously a huge bonus. It’s a shame we had to fly back early on the Thursday so couldn’t stay as long as we’d have liked - maybe would have a few years ago but too sensible now to be hanging in the airport!!

Best place to eat: Had a steak each at Kasbah which was really nice. Also only cost around €80 with drinks which was pleasantly surprising! Mundo Street Food was nice too, would definitely go back there.

Best beach and/or beach club: I’d never been to O Beach, thought I’d absolutely hate it and it would be full of IG t*ssers but really enjoyed it. Had one of the cheap beds upstairs and would definitely go back. Think it was around €130 each which included €100 tab so felt like decent value.

Money spent: Really not a lot at all. Wanted to try and do it as cheaply as possible in terms of food and drinks so was definitely more a budget trip than usual. Probably only around €400 spends and then hotel and flights which were arojnd €320 all in I believe.

Biggest regret: Missed Sven Vath on the Sunday despite having tickets. Hadn’t been to Playa Soleil before so would have been nice but both really couldn’t be bothered and wanted to be fresh for the Monday. Only €25 a ticket though so not the end of the world.

Going back?: 100%. I think between us we’ve probably been about 20 times. She says she wants to go somewhere else next year but I’m a creature of habit and will be returning (with or without her!!)

Top tip: if you’re on a budget, Ses Savines (not 100% on the name but was something like that) is a great cheap place for a drink on the front. Less than €4 a pint, next door to O Beach.

Observations and/or conclusion: First ‘chilled’ holiday here but enjoyed myself a lot more than I thought. If you’re skint, still go, Pikes is free and there are still plenty of things to see and do for peanuts! Still a magical place!

August 17-31st

First family trip, wife and 14 year old daughter, 9 year old son

Stayed in Santa Eulalia at playa duquesa self catering apartments. Was a 3 star and fairly bog standard, especially for wot we paid but that is what it is on ibiza. Perfect location for a family holiday, very close to the promenade and project social (which became a bit of a local)

Club nights visited, sound garden at cova santa with cattaneo/warren b2b and then Akasha tINI and the gang.
Sound garden outside was class, great music, lively Spanish/Argentinian crowd, loving life. When it went inside it was sardine mania and pretty ridiculous if I’m honest, I’m not precious at all but dancing like that with hands needing to be above ur head or by ur sides was a joke, and it was like that from jus inside the entrance, ended leaving about 3am.
Akasha was f***ing fantastic, I’ve left a review in Akasha thread. Best night in 8 trips spanning maybe 12 years on the island. I really hope it sticks to its current model and stays a cool crowd interested in the music, so so good.

Beaches……..
Cala comte
Cala escondida
Cala nova
Cala san vicente
Cala boix
Cala canaret
Portinatx
Portixsol
Illetes (Formentera)
Cala bassa
Cala mastella
Canal d en Marti
Santa eularia

We love the beach, most days we visited a small pretty cala with a packed brunch (jamón y queso bocadillos 😁) for a snorkel for an hour and then did a “beach beach” for the rest of the day.
Best beach beach was Cala San Vicente, loved it, good parking, plenty bars and shops, plenty space, lovely scenery and clear seas.

For the pretty but hard to get to one’s, portixsol and Cala canaret are simply stunning!! Must visits but go prepared. So many fish, my kids fell in love with the sea just like I’d hoped.

Added note, not one jelly fish seen!!

Best bar, gonna say project social. Wasn’t mad on the food but we went there 5/6 nights jus for a desert and to play some uno and Yahtzee the 4 of us. Great vibe, friendly staff, good music.

Best restaurant, sea sun bar on the strip san an, went twice as I loved the paella so much we went back, wife and kids also enjoyed this restaurant lots. had a couple bad paellas in eularia which was annoying, can’t remember the places and cba to look.

Going back, yes, the island is stunning and I’m sad already.

Probably spent 10g all in for 2 weeks, hotel was half of that, flights were another 1g 🫣 painful but would do it again.

We got a car and explored, have done this the last few times now, the island is magic. It’s expensive, where isn’t. It’s worth it in my opinion.
There are lots of pretty places we could go and save a couple grand but there’s something about the island.
I’m 40 now and the last few visits to hi/Ushuaia/amnesia have been sound but it’s missing something now, that’s fine, the younger guys love it and fair play. Pikes, Akasha, even Eden, I’ve really got time for and also sankeys/avycca/watever, is another one that needs sorting as it’s so good. Fingers crossed for underground aswell, never been but was going to this trip. So my observations are positive. 😁

Dates you were there: 25/08 - 29/08

Where you stayed: Orosol

Club nights visited: O Beach & David Morales @ Pikes

Best night: Pikes obviously wins by default but doubt anything would have topped it if we’d done more! Me and my girlfriend have been separately to Ibiza loads of times but neither ever been to Pikes so this was one of the only things we wanted to experience really! Absolutely loved it. Such a good vibe and the fact it’s free is obviously a huge bonus. It’s a shame we had to fly back early on the Thursday so couldn’t stay as long as we’d have liked - maybe would have a few years ago but too sensible now to be hanging in the airport!!

Best place to eat: Had a steak each at Kasbah which was really nice. Also only cost around €80 with drinks which was pleasantly surprising! Mundo Street Food was nice too, would definitely go back there.

Best beach and/or beach club: I’d never been to O Beach, thought I’d absolutely hate it and it would be full of IG t*ssers but really enjoyed it. Had one of the cheap beds upstairs and would definitely go back. Think it was around €130 each which included €100 tab so felt like decent value.

Money spent: Really not a lot at all. Wanted to try and do it as cheaply as possible in terms of food and drinks so was definitely more a budget trip than usual. Probably only around €400 spends and then hotel and flights which were arojnd €320 all in I believe.

Biggest regret: Missed Sven Vath on the Sunday despite having tickets. Hadn’t been to Playa Soleil before so would have been nice but both really couldn’t be bothered and wanted to be fresh for the Monday. Only €25 a ticket though so not the end of the world.

Going back?: 100%. I think between us we’ve probably been about 20 times. She says she wants to go somewhere else next year but I’m a creature of habit and will be returning (with or without her!!)

Top tip: if you’re on a budget, Ses Savines (not 100% on the name but was something like that) is a great cheap place for a drink on the front. Less than €4 a pint, next door to O Beach.

Observations and/or conclusion: First ‘chilled’ holiday here but enjoyed myself a lot more than I thought. If you’re skint, still go, Pikes is free and there are still plenty of things to see and do for peanuts! Still a magical place!
Great review

August 17-31st

First family trip, wife and 14 year old daughter, 9 year old son

Stayed in Santa Eulalia at playa duquesa self catering apartments. Was a 3 star and fairly bog standard, especially for wot we paid but that is what it is on ibiza. Perfect location for a family holiday, very close to the promenade and project social (which became a bit of a local)

Club nights visited, sound garden at cova santa with cattaneo/warren b2b and then Akasha tINI and the gang.
Sound garden outside was class, great music, lively Spanish/Argentinian crowd, loving life. When it went inside it was sardine mania and pretty ridiculous if I’m honest, I’m not precious at all but dancing like that with hands needing to be above ur head or by ur sides was a joke, and it was like that from jus inside the entrance, ended leaving about 3am.
Akasha was f***ing fantastic, I’ve left a review in Akasha thread. Best night in 8 trips spanning maybe 12 years on the island. I really hope it sticks to its current model and stays a cool crowd interested in the music, so so good.

Beaches……..
Cala comte
Cala escondida
Cala nova
Cala san vicente
Cala boix
Cala canaret
Portinatx
Portixsol
Illetes (Formentera)
Cala bassa
Cala mastella
Canal d en Marti
Santa eularia

We love the beach, most days we visited a small pretty cala with a packed brunch (jamón y queso bocadillos 😁) for a snorkel for an hour and then did a “beach beach” for the rest of the day.
Best beach beach was Cala San Vicente, loved it, good parking, plenty bars and shops, plenty space, lovely scenery and clear seas.

For the pretty but hard to get to one’s, portixsol and Cala canaret are simply stunning!! Must visits but go prepared. So many fish, my kids fell in love with the sea just like I’d hoped.

Added note, not one jelly fish seen!!

Best bar, gonna say project social. Wasn’t mad on the food but we went there 5/6 nights jus for a desert and to play some uno and Yahtzee the 4 of us. Great vibe, friendly staff, good music.

Best restaurant, sea sun bar on the strip san an, went twice as I loved the paella so much we went back, wife and kids also enjoyed this restaurant lots. had a couple bad paellas in eularia which was annoying, can’t remember the places and cba to look.

Going back, yes, the island is stunning and I’m sad already.

Probably spent 10g all in for 2 weeks, hotel was half of that, flights were another 1g 🫣 painful but would do it again.

We got a car and explored, have done this the last few times now, the island is magic. It’s expensive, where isn’t. It’s worth it in my opinion.
There are lots of pretty places we could go and save a couple grand but there’s something about the island.
I’m 40 now and the last few visits to hi/Ushuaia/amnesia have been sound but it’s missing something now, that’s fine, the younger guys love it and fair play. Pikes, Akasha, even Eden, I’ve really got time for and also sankeys/avycca/watever, is another one that needs sorting as it’s so good. Fingers crossed for underground aswell, never been but was going to this trip. So my observations are positive. 😁
You got a lot in with kids in tow - well done!

I find Sud amazing. Stayed there twice this summer. Ask for an apartment high up. Unlike a lot of places they have a direct seaview. The three rotating guys at the reception are all phenomenal. Great service.
As it is apartment hotel there is no breakfast but lots to choose from at the beachfront if you don’t wanna cook. Actually gym is well equipped if that’s your thing.
Some taxis do need slight guidance but as long as you remember you are in Figuretes it’s not a problem

Back