Tell us how it was - Ibiza 2022

I haven't left the island yet but I figured this would be much harder to write when I leave so here it is now. I was going to keep a diary of my whole time in Ibiza but I never ended up doing it. I'll do one for next year though.

Dates you were there: April 30 - October 14

Where you stayed: Villa (April - September)
Hostal Salada (September - October)

Club nights visited: I'll put them in order of the ones I liked from best to worst. Ok here it goes...

Pyramid x5, Camelphat x3, Circoloco x2, Solomun x3, Pikes x2, Carl Cox, Fisher x2, Claptone x2, Solid Grooves x4, Ibiza Rocks (Zoo Project, Craig David, Joel Corry, Nathan Dawe, Becky Hill, Fatboy Slim), Black Coffee, Secret Sessions x2, Ants x4, Martinez Brothers, Defected x3, Elrow x4, Calvin Harris, Glitterbox, Amnesia Presents x2.

I also went to a whole bunch of 1 off events. Did 65 parties in total.

Best night: I have a few that spring to mind-The one Ants party they did at HĆÆ stands out to me. It was the first big club night I went to in Ibiza since 2019. So it was already a big deal for that reason, but Joris Voorn's set in the club room was truly amazing. You could just tell how much he was buzzing to be back on the island again. It was also one of the first parties I went to with people that became my best friends of the season, so that made things even more special. This helped set the tone for the whole season, when I hear tracks now that were played on that night it instantly gives me flashbacks & brings back great memories.

Another night I loved was a Circoloco back in May, Amelie Lens just absolutely smashed it & I was off my tits loving it. I witnessed two very memorable John Summit sets, first in the Amnesia main room for Elrow & then later at Defected in Eden. Everytime I went to Camelphat they were exceptional, this was a party I reckon you could have gone to every week and not be disappointed once. A night at HĆÆ for Fisher that was just so fun deserves a mention too.

Worst night: A night I had at Eden for Defected stands out as being the worst. Not really to do with the music or crowd but more the people I was with. My mate brought his friends from back home & they just weren't fun to be around, smashing bottles & being obnoxious. My friend apologized for their behaviour but I had to get out of there, so I bounced after 1 hour. Not the shortest amount of time I spent inside a club this season though, that distinction went to Sonny Fodera b2b Gorgon City at Amnesia. Again nothing to do with the music, was meant to meet up with friends but went to Amnesia by mistake.

Best bar: I mostly drank in restaurants but in terms of just strictly bars I will say The Boozer (John is an absolute legend), Murphys in PDB was always a good vibe. While in Ibiza town, I went to Paradise Lost the most.

Best place to eat: For breakfast, lunch & of course coffee I will say Melbourne Street Cafe as I visited there more than anywhere. The food is always good & the staff are so nice. There is a real great sense of community there. Other places I like are Can Mami, La Guay, Bondi, Relish, Skinny Kitchen, Kasbah, Natural Pau, Chikiwun, Bambuddha, Anima, & Golden Buddha.

Best beach and/or beach club: I lived in Cala Gracio for the first half of the season so I frequented that beach. So I'd have to say there or Cala Salada.

Money spent: 12-14k

Biggest regret: I could say spending so much money but I put it to good use for the most part. So it feels like it was worth it. It was my first season plus 2+ years of savings from barely doing anything during Covid meant I had more money than usual.

Going back?: Same dates next year most likely or perhaps even earlier.

Top tip: Whether on holiday or doing the season, get the bus as much as possible if the only other option is a taxi. It depends on how many people are in the group & how far you're going I guess, but for me I always just prefered the bus. I'd recommend having the timetables saved & to learn the routes etc. It saves alot of money, even if it takes longer, but I find waiting for taxis is much more of a pain, add to that the cost.

Observations and/or conclusion: Anyone thinking of ever doing the season, just do it. I was contemplating it since I first came to the island but it took not coming to Ibiza for over 2 years to realize how much I missed/needed to be here. This was the greatest experience of my life, so much so, I think it will be hard to top. But I will definitely try next year for sure!

Last edited:
I haven't left the island yet but I figured this would be much harder to write when I leave so here it is now. I was going to keep a diary of my whole time in Ibiza but I never ended up doing it. I'll do one for next year though.

Dates you were there: April 30 - October 14

Where you stayed: Villa (April - September)
Hostal Salada (September - October)

Club nights visited: I'll put them in order of the ones I liked from best to worst. Ok here it goes...

Pyramid x5, Camelphat x3, Circoloco x2, Solomun x3, Pikes x2, Carl Cox, Fisher x2, Claptone x2, Solid Grooves x4, Ibiza Rocks (Zoo Project, Craig David, Joel Corry, Nathan Dawe, Becky Hill, Fatboy Slim), Black Coffee, Secret Sessions x2, Ants x4, Martinez Brothers, Defected x3, Elrow x4, Calvin Harris, Glitterbox, Amnesia Presents x2.

I also went to a whole bunch of 1 off events. Did 65 parties in total.

Best night: I have a few that spring to mind-The one Ants party they did at HĆÆ stands out to me. It was the first big club night I went to in Ibiza since 2019. So it was already a big deal for that reason, but Joris Voorn's set in the club room was truly amazing. You could just tell how much he was buzzing to be back on the island again. It was also one of the first parties I went to with people that became my best friends of the season, so that made things even more special. This helped set the tone for the whole season, when I hear tracks now that were played on that night it instantly gives me flashbacks & brings back great memories.

Another night I loved was a Circoloco back in May, Amelie Lens just absolutely smashed it & I was off my tits loving it. I witnessed two very memorable John Summit sets, first in the Amnesia main room for Elrow & then later at Defected in Eden. Everytime I went to Camelphat they were exceptional, this was a party I reckon you could have gone to every week and not be disappointed once. A night at HĆÆ for Fisher that was just so fun deserves a mention too.

Worst night: A night I had at Eden for Defected stands out as being the worst. Not really to do with the music or crowd but more the people I was with. My mate brought his friends from back home & they just weren't fun to be around, smashing bottles & being obnoxious. My friend apologized for their behaviour but I had to get out of there, so I bounced after 1 hour. Not the shortest amount of time I spent inside a club this season though, that distinction went to Sonny Fodera b2b Gorgon City at Amnesia. Again nothing to do with the music, was meant to meet up with friends but went to Amnesia by mistake.

Best bar: I mostly drank in restaurants but in terms of just strictly bars I will say The Boozer (John is an absolute legend), Murphys in PDB was always a good vibe. While in Ibiza town, I went to Paradise Lost the most.

Best place to eat: For breakfast, lunch & of course coffee I will say Melbourne Street Cafe as I visited there more than anywhere. The food is always good & the staff are so nice. There is a real great sense of community there. Other places I like are Can Mami, La Guay, Bondi, Relish, Skinny Kitchen, Kasbah, Natural Pau, Chikiwun, Bambuddha, Anima, & Golden Buddha.

Best beach and/or beach club: I lived in Cala Gracio for the first half of the season so I frequented that beach. So I'd have to say there or Cala Salada.

Money spent: 12-14k

Biggest regret: I could say spending so much money but I put it to good use for the most part. So it feels like it was worth it. It was my first season plus 2+ years of savings from barely doing anything during Covid meant I had more money than usual.

Going back?: Same dates next year most likely or perhaps even earlier.

Top tip: Whether on holiday or doing the season, get the bus as much as possible if the only other option is a taxi. It depends on how many people are in the group & how far you're going I guess, but for me I always just prefered the bus. I'd recommend having the timetables saved & to learn the routes etc. It saves alot of money, even if it takes longer, but I find waiting for taxis is much more of a pain, add to that the cost.

Observations and/or conclusion: Anyone thinking of ever doing the season, just do it. I was contemplating it since I first came to the island but it took not coming to Ibiza for over 2 years to realize how much I missed/needed to be here. This was the greatest experience of my life, so much so, I think it will be hard to top. But I will definitely try next year for sure!
Nice one pal. What did you do for work whilst there?

Iā€™m about to book for May. Just have to decide on San An or Ibiza Town. I need it to help me get through the winter!

I have never been in May but i'm interested as it's the mrs' birthday. What's the weather like and which parties will be on? Also looking at Figuretas now!

I have never been in May but i'm interested as it's the mrs' birthday. What's the weather like and which parties will be on? Also looking at Figuretas now!
Weather is generally good. Might need an extra layer for the evenings still. Party-wise, it will still mostly be Friday to Monday at that point

Swimming in the sea is difficult. Beach is possible , most days. For swimmers, june will be better. My opinion.
Swimming in May can be done. I usually start my ā€œswimming seasonā€ properly at that time after a few brave ones over in winter šŸ¤£

Oooo, mystery solved.
Pyramid closing last Sunday was billed to finish at 7am but it all stopped very abruptly at 6.40.
You can see the scenes on Instaā€¦. Apparently the plug was pulled on Ibiza government orders. I guess they were only licensed till 6. Was very disappointing Iā€™ve got to sayā€¦I was hoping it was actually going to go later.

Back