Tell us how it was - Ibiza 2022

One of the recurring things I have read on here, and from speaking to other people is how much people really liked MusicON this season? Was it the move back to Friday from Thursday, but rave reviews about the crowd and the night in general.

One of the recurring things I have read on here, and from speaking to other people is how much people really liked MusicON this season? Was it the move back to Friday from Thursday, but rave reviews about the crowd and the night in general.
I'm not a fan of the two big guys, but every body talk about Solomun as the king of ibiza, but what about Marco?
Without all the noise around him like Solomun, he's very successful.

Dates you were there
09th Sept - 18th Sept

Where you stayed
Occidental Ibiza

Club nights visited
Hi for Glitterbox - This was a pretty decent night. Strangely me and my girlfriend found ourself on the upstairs terrace chatting for what went on until 2am!! then we hit all the rooms.... the toilets are easily the peak of this night. Music wise it all works for this venue and the crowd was full of energy. Hi is too glitzy and glam for me personally and the layout of the whole place is terrible. However it has to be said their A/C is incredible. How they keep that main room so cool deserves praise.

Paradise - this night was unreal. Started with Wheats in the main room with some real dark tech and as I am dancing away by the bar I look to my right and there is Patrick Topping with his rucksack on just having a butchers at what is going on. I follow him into the Terrace for his set at 2am. This is the first time I see him live - he delivered some great vocal house with some real unusual tracks thrown in and it really worked. However the peak of the night was the fact we had JJ and Capriati for 3hrs. It took a while to get going I felt which I guess it would but damn when it came you didn't want to leave.

Best night
Paradise

Worst night
Flight home due to a huge delay

Best bar

Best place to eat

Kasbah

Best beach and/or beach club
Cala Gracioneta

Money spent

Biggest regret

Not queuing up at Amnesia to get stood behind JJ and Capriati

Going back?
I am sure of it but after about 15 times on the island I am wondering if I should be trying out new locations...

Top tip
Don't go out out every night

Observations and/or conclusion
I feel now September or at least more so towards the start of the month is the best time of the year to go.

I did Vlog the holiday too so if you fancy checking out a bit of the Occidental and some of the amazing beaches we went to then please feel free to give it a watch.

Dates you were there
09th Sept - 18th Sept

Where you stayed
Occidental Ibiza

Club nights visited
Hi for Glitterbox - This was a pretty decent night. Strangely me and my girlfriend found ourself on the upstairs terrace chatting for what went on until 2am!! then we hit all the rooms.... the toilets are easily the peak of this night. Music wise it all works for this venue and the crowd was full of energy. Hi is too glitzy and glam for me personally and the layout of the whole place is terrible. However it has to be said their A/C is incredible. How they keep that main room so cool deserves praise.

Paradise - this night was unreal. Started with Wheats in the main room with some real dark tech and as I am dancing away by the bar I look to my right and there is Patrick Topping with his rucksack on just having a butchers at what is going on. I follow him into the Terrace for his set at 2am. This is the first time I see him live - he delivered some great vocal house with some real unusual tracks thrown in and it really worked. However the peak of the night was the fact we had JJ and Capriati for 3hrs. It took a while to get going I felt which I guess it would but damn when it came you didn't want to leave.

Best night
Paradise

Worst night

Best bar

Best place to eat

Kasbah

Cala Gracioneta

Money spent

Biggest regret

Going back?
I am sure of it but after about 15 times on the island I am wondering if I should be trying out new locations...

Top tip

I feel now September or at least more so towards the start of the month is the best time of the year to go.

I did Vlog the holiday too so if you fancy checking out a bit of the Occidental and some of the amazing beaches we went to then please feel free to give it a watch.

Great vlog mate👍

Dates you were there
09th Sept - 18th Sept

Where you stayed
Occidental Ibiza

Club nights visited

Best night
Paradise

Worst night

Best bar

Best place to eat

Kasbah

Cala Gracioneta

Money spent

Biggest regret

Going back?

Top tip

Nice review. We stayed at the Occidental in 2018. It was pretty good, bit too far away from Central San An for me. Wondered if Kasbah was still going , remember the good old Kasbah burger as far back as 2004!

Dates you were there:
7th Oct - 11th Oct

Where you stayed:
El Puerto Hotel Ibiza Town.
Decided to stay in Ibiza Town in case the weather was rubbish and we might have to just hang about in bars/cafes. The weather was amazing the whole time though so we were very lucky.
This hotel is really well situated and the rooms are decent, especially considering the price. Nice rooftop pool too.

Club nights visited:
Pyramid closing party at Amnesia

Best night:
They were al brilliant but Pyramid closing was incredible. Busy but not rammed and just fantastic music (I stayed on the terrace so saw/heard Mar-T, Tini, Villalobos b2b Luciano)
I would say that the Chileans kept it pretty minimal that night which I loved. They did play LFO though which sounded INCREDIBLE at 6am when you're at your peak....

Worst night:
None - all great. All pretty late though.....

Best bar:
Paradise Lost in Ibiza Town is good fun.
Rooftop Bar at The Standard Hotel in Ibiza Town is also a brilliant find. We booked an area for 15 of us on Sunday evening pre clubbing and post lunch and they couldn't have been more welcoming. The view of Dalt Villa and the port from up there is fantastic - felt like a really special place to kick off the main night.

Best place to eat:
Big fan of Locals Only in town for a big bowl of great pasta after a big night.
La Bodega in Ibiza Town is great value tapas with a brilliant buzz about it.
Can Mimosa was probably the best meal we had - lovely restaurant in Santa Gertrudis. Focus on local ingredients and no waste.

Best beach and/or beach club:
El Chiringuito at Es Cavellet. Not a beach club as such but we spent a long afternoon there pre big night out. Not cheap but fab location, drinks, food and staff. A fantastic place to spend a few hours with a big group of friends.

Money spent:
So f***ing much.....

Biggest regret:
Having a big night before our big night......

Going back?:
May next year

Top tip:
Rooftop bar at The Standard is a find
Book balcony tickets at Amnesia - so worth it.
We danced on the main floor of course, but bar, toilets and especially roof terrace all a massive bonus up there

Observations and/or conclusion:
I'm too old for all this.....

Dates you were there:
7th Oct - 11th Oct

Where you stayed:
Decided to stay in Ibiza Town in case the weather was rubbish and we might have to just hang about in bars/cafes. The weather was amazing the whole time though so we were very lucky.
This hotel is really well situated and the rooms are decent, especially considering the price. Nice rooftop pool too.

Club nights visited:

Best night:
They were al brilliant but Pyramid closing was incredible. Busy but not rammed and just fantastic music (I stayed on the terrace so saw/heard Mar-T, Tini, Villalobos b2b Luciano)
I would say that the Chileans kept it pretty minimal that night which I loved. They did play LFO though which sounded INCREDIBLE at 6am when you're at your peak....

Worst night:

Best bar:
Rooftop Bar at The Standard Hotel in Ibiza Town is also a brilliant find. We booked an area for 15 of us on Sunday evening pre clubbing and post lunch and they couldn't have been more welcoming. The view of Dalt Villa and the port from up there is fantastic - felt like a really special place to kick off the main night.

Best place to eat:
Can Mimosa was probably the best meal we had - lovely restaurant in Santa Gertrudis. Focus on local ingredients and no waste.

El Chiringuito at Es Cavellet. Not a beach club as such but we spent a long afternoon there pre big night out. Not cheap but fab location, drinks, food and staff. A fantastic place to spend a few hours with a big group of friends.

Money spent:
So f***ing much.....

Biggest regret:

Going back?:
May next year

Top tip:
We danced on the main floor of course, but bar, toilets and especially roof terrace all a massive bonus up there

Never mate!

Dates you were there:
7th Oct - 11th Oct

Where you stayed:

Club nights visited:

Best night:

Worst night:

Best bar:

Best place to eat:

Money spent:
So f***ing much.....

Biggest regret:

Going back?:
May next year

Top tip:

I love how you say ‘I’m too old for this’ and just before you say you’re going back next May 👏

Sounded exactly like me on my return in September and I have also now booked for next May 😂

Back