Tell us how it was - Ibiza 2019

Dates you were there: 18th -23rd July

Where you stayed: Palmyra San An

Club nights visited: Clockwork @ Benimussa Park, Clockwork @ Amnesia, Clockwork @ Mambo

Best night: Amnesia. We had a stream of the Terrace on in our room while we got ready and it was just tune after tune. We got there at around 10pm and they had just opened the main room 2 hours early because the terrace was too busy (Alex and Brandon did an extra set and opened main room and got it nicely bouncing) Stayed in the terrace for Andy Manston, Seb F, Tall Paul and a bit of Danny then into the main room for Oakey. I know some people look down on this sort of nostalgia event but the Clockwork guys and girls have absolutely nailed it. A good mix of DJ's (Graeme Park's set was unbelievable and someone i've not heard in years) different musical styles from set to set (Oakenfold's set was 2 hours of classic trance cheese which i love and no better room to do it in) great production, reasonable ticket prices and a generally older crowd than most Ibiza nights these days. There was a lot of younger people there this time but i would say the majority were 35+. Didn't see a single bit of agro, just lots of people smiling, dancing, hugging strangers, turning back the clock a few years and fu.cking having fun.

Worst night: Saturday night was chilled but by no means a bad night we just didn't do much. BA had a luggage nightmare and didn't send our case on the Thursday so wandering around San An having to buy clothes and toiletries on Thursday evening wasn't ideal

Best bar: Enjoyed a few chilled cocktails at Bay Bar & Mambo. This wasn't a going out and exploring holiday, we were only there for 4 full days and were there purely to party and chill so we aere either out on the razz or lying beside the pool

Best place to eat: Went to Tapas, brilliant as always

Money spent: £2000 flights and hotel £1500 spends

Biggest regret: We did VIP this time (getting old and a bit of shade/air con, no bar queues, nice toilets go a long way) and because i had to run to the airport to pick up our bags on Friday lunchtime (3 hour round trip and wait ffs) i didn't eat before we dashed off to Benimussa. Empty stomach, afternoon beers and then a bottle of vodka between 2 of us meant i got way too wonky too early and didn't make Es Paradis.

Going back?: Got a big trip already booked for next year... 3 weeks, a villa, a wedding and hopefully a few nights out (including Clockwork again)

Top tip:

Last edited:
Dates you were there: 19th to 23rd July

Where you stayed: Hostel La Torre (Romanticos) and Gran Sol (Decent 3* option)

Nights : Really enjoyed Pikes on the Saturday but they're letting in too many people now. Inside was rocking but way too busy. Great to see a DJ (Lottie I think it was) enjoying herself behind the decks, definitely adds to the atmosphere

Clockwork @ Amnesia on the Sunday was what I expected. Nothing special in terms of music but a great friendly crowd. The older I get the more it confirms that it's the people I'm with that makes the night. 10 of us started on the terrace but we all managed to somehow eventually squeeze upstairs. A seat is of definite benefit to someone of my vintage

Went to Mambo (Clockwork again) on the Monday for a carryout on the rocks, probably the most lively I've seen it over the years tbh. A cheap night recovering from previous over indulgence

Friday night passed us by because of a flight delay, our romantic meal at HLT and then Cova Santa was shelved in place of a sesh with some old pals. Not a bad night by any means but I felt I could've drunk less and done more. I live but never learn

Places we ate: Sun Sea Bar - Decent food and great service
Kasbah - Decent food but grumpy service
Fatso's - Somewhere to go for a cheap lunch/breakfast if on a budget. Uncomplicated

Attempted a late lunch at Sunset Ashram but it was chaotic. Ended up trying Ses Roques as an alternative but they were unbelievably rude so got up and left

Beaches: Enjoyed an excursion to Cala Comte but probably best avoided in July /August as a tad overcrowded

Regrets: What's the point

Going back? If the stars align I'd love a sneaky trip sometime in Sept/Oct. Need to pay off this one first

Top tip: Download the taxi app, saved us a few times

Last edited:
Dates you were there: Thursday 18th July - Friday 26th July

Where you stayed: Apartment in Ibiza Town - Vara de Rey

Club nights visited:

Solomun + Live @ Destino
Afterlife @ Hi
Clockwork Orange @ Benimussa Park
Transmoderna @ Pacha
Solomun +1 @ Pacha
Who Cares @ Cova Santa
Shadows @ Cova Santa

Best night: Solomun + 1 (closely followed by Clockwork Orange)

Everyone knows we are big Solomun fans but this night really has returned to a high standard ... DJ Tennis was excellent and Solomun is playing some lovely stuff right now ... there was room at our new favourite place to dance upstairs (since they closed a lot more of upstairs off for VIP which is a real shame but I guess they have to milk the successful nights ) ... finished a little earlier than previous years (I wonder if new Pacha management is getting its teeth into things this year and no money to be made at the bar post 7am really) but we had a lot of fun with a friendly group of Italian girls despite one of them losing my wife’s treasured +1 fan ... Clockwork as I said before surpassed all of my expectations... was expecting coked up old Essex boys (I practically am one myself so feel I can say this) and average music but barely heard the same tune twice and JPW and Rampling played some great (harder) stuff ... we also met a lovely group of people (some of JPWs mates who were first time in Ibiza) and if it wasn’t for Solomun I would have loved to go to the Amnesia party

Worst night: Afterlife @ Hi

It’s been said before but the vibe in the club is off and not really helped by the music (which I kind of like at home) ... we had been rushing around all day to make it to Solomun @ Destino and then had to leave early to meet a friend so probably wasn’t in best frame of mind but really need to stop going to Afterlife parties as have been to them in Tulum / Barcelona and now Ibiza and never really had a good time.

Best bar: We spent quite a few afternoons at Bar no.5 in the Port as it was always the most busy

Best place to eat: La Bodega (Talamanca) or Tender (Italian next to Ryan’s Marina)

Money spent: haven’t looked yet but a lot

Biggest regret: didn’t make it to Cocoon as it was Tale of Us and didn’t make it to Heart for Nick Warren and Hernan Cattaneo

We cancelled our Cocoon tickets to give us some flexibility but planned to go anyway but after heavy Solomun night just couldn’t summon the energy to go but have a chance in September for a Sven All Night Long night that we surely won’t miss ... on Tuesday we got Guestlist to go to Who Cares which was good with Innercity live but didn’t quite get us in the mood enough and we left with a plan to go to Heart for the first time but the wife fell asleep during a quick apartment stop and we didn’t make it ...

Going back?: yes In September and October

Top tip: we really enjoyed our day in Formentera using the e-bikes ... we saw a lot of the island on a hot day but it wasn’t exhausting at all ... would be good to have something to clip on the bike so you could look at the phone map whilst riding ... also had a lovely “balcony” session with our leftovers on last night after eating in Talamanca and walking home and quick pit stop at a bar ... this was almost the best night!

Dates you were there: Thursday 18th July - Friday 26th July

Where you stayed: Apartment in Ibiza Town - Vara de Rey

Club nights visited:

Solomun + Live @ Destino
Afterlife @ Hi
Clockwork Orange @ Benimussa Park
Transmoderna @ Pacha
Solomun +1 @ Pacha
Who Cares @ Cova Santa
Shadows @ Cova Santa

Best night: Solomun + 1 (closely followed by Clockwork Orange)

Everyone knows we are big Solomun fans but this night really has returned to a high standard ... DJ Tennis was excellent and Solomun is playing some lovely stuff right now ... there was room at our new favourite place to dance upstairs (since they closed a lot more of upstairs off for VIP which is a real shame but I guess they have to milk the successful nights ) ... finished a little earlier than previous years (I wonder if new Pacha management is getting its teeth into things this year and no money to be made at the bar post 7am really) but we had a lot of fun with a friendly group of Italian girls despite one of them losing my wife’s treasured +1 fan ... Clockwork as I said before surpassed all of my expectations... was expecting coked up old Essex boys (I practically am one myself so feel I can say this) and average music but barely heard the same tune twice and JPW and Rampling played some great (harder) stuff ... we also met a lovely group of people (some of JPWs mates who were first time in Ibiza) and if it wasn’t for Solomun I would have loved to go to the Amnesia party

Worst night: Afterlife @ Hi

It’s been said before but the vibe in the club is off and not really helped by the music (which I kind of like at home) ... we had been rushing around all day to make it to Solomun @ Destino and then had to leave early to meet a friend so probably wasn’t in best frame of mind but really need to stop going to Afterlife parties as have been to them in Tulum / Barcelona and now Ibiza and never really had a good time.

Best bar: We spent quite a few afternoons at Bar no.5 in the Port as it was always the most busy

Best place to eat: La Bodega (Talamanca) or Tender (Italian next to Ryan’s Marina)

Money spent: haven’t looked yet but a lot

Biggest regret: didn’t make it to Cocoon as it was Tale of Us and didn’t make it to Heart for Nick Warren and Hernan Cattaneo

We cancelled our Cocoon tickets to give us some flexibility but planned to go anyway but after heavy Solomun night just couldn’t summon the energy to go but have a chance in September for a Sven All Night Long night that we surely won’t miss ... on Tuesday we got Guestlist to go to Who Cares which was good with Innercity live but didn’t quite get us in the mood enough and we left with a plan to go to Heart for the first time but the wife fell asleep during a quick apartment stop and we didn’t make it ...

Going back?: yes In September and October

Top tip: we really enjoyed our day in Formentera using the e-bikes ... we saw a lot of the island on a hot day but it wasn’t exhausting at all ... would be good to have something to clip on the bike so you could look at the phone map whilst riding ... also had a lovely “balcony” session with our leftovers on last night after eating in Talamanca and walking home and quick pit stop at a bar ... this was almost the best night!
you should meet up with @craig72 in October if you want a good balcony session mate

My English drafting is bad, I'm French-Canadien, please be indulgent

Dates you were there: July 19 to 23 (5 nights before moving to BCN)

Where you stayed: Figueretes

Club nights visited:

19th : f*** me I'm Famous @ Hï : complete shit (my GF was realy beholden to me for that one...). Place completly rammed in the theater, so we moved to the club room, but music was shit (I dont come in Ibiza for dancing on Fisher's loosing it!).

20th :

Day : Ants : Rammed and amazing (you European girls dress so trash (or is it only Brit girls?...), worst than American girls, I loved it...) Morello was good, Oliva better.

Night : Elrow : Rammed and amazing (as usual). Music in both rooms average, but still the vibe at Amnesia those nights is completly crazy (we trashed Black Coffee tickets and change our mind to switch to Elrow that night, my GF favorite..., costly but worth it).

21th :

Day : Gym and Old port chillin'

Night : Solomun + 1 : Perfectly busy and amazing. Music top notch (Tennis and Solomun). Crowd perfect.

22th :

Day : Ses Salines (crowded and amazing sea quality) and Sa Trinxa (great bealeric beats and also surprisingly great food). Just a great day.

Night : Claptone @ Pacha : quiet crowd and average at best music...

23th :

Day : Café Mambo (Fisher) : Pricy, but the sunset wort it.

Night : Resistance opening party @ Privilege : Perfectly busy and amazing (impressive club). Way better than the Resistance opening party we did in 2017 (music and crowd). Eats Everything was at best that night (Vista).

Best night: Solomun + 1 (but Ants, Elrow and Resistance come closse).

Worst night: Guetta at Hï (Claptone at Pacha was still a good night)

Best bar: What bar?

Best place to eat: Old port (alot of great places, Napoli Bella for exemple, and we just love the vibe).

Money spent: 400 € per day (plane and hotel not included) Every year I spend more and more per day...

Biggest regret: Never waking up before 12 PM, because clubbing until 6 or 7 AM every f***in' night.

Going back?: 100 % positive (End of August this year ?, m I rich enough?)

Top tip: Club every f***ing night!

P.S. : I know I'm not the most popular guy on this forum, but let me tell you that we party in Vegas, Miami and NYC every year and NO PLACE come's close to IBIZA in our heart. Simply the best place on Earth. Sun, sea, food, music, day parties, night parties, vibe... (close to paradise).

Last edited:

Club nights visited:

19th : f*** me I'm Famous @ Hï : complete shit (my GF was realy beholden to me for that one...). Place completly rammed in the theater, so we moved to the club room, but music was shit (I dont come in Ibiza for dancing on Fisher's loosing it!).

20th :

Day : Ants : Rammed and amazing (you European girls dress so trash (or is it only Brit girls?...), worst than American girls, I loved it...) Morello was good, Oliva better.

Night : Elrow : Rammed and amazing (as usual). Music in both rooms average, but still the vibe at Amnesia those nights is completly crazy (we trashed Black Coffee tickets and change our mind to switch to Elrow that night, my GF favorite..., costly but worth it).

21th :

Night : Solomun + 1 : Perfectly busy and amazing. Music top notch (Tennis and Solomun). Crowd perfect.

22th :

Day : Ses Salines (crowded and amazing sea quality) and Sa Trinxa (great bealeric beats and also surprisingly great food). Just a great day.

23th :

Night : Resistance opening party @ Privilege : Perfectly busy and amazing (impressive club). Way better than the Resistance opening party we did in 2017 (music and crowd). Eats Everything was at best that night (Vista).

Best place to eat: Old port (alot of great places, Napoli Bella for exemple, and we just love the vibe).

Money spent: 400 € per day (plane and hotel not included) Every year I spend more and more per day...

Biggest regret: Never waking up before 12 PM, because clubbing until 6 or 7 AM every f***ing night (DJ White & MD mixed pretty well every night...)

P.S. : I know I'm not the most popular guy on this forum, but let me tell you that we party in Vegas, Miami and NYC every year and NO PLACE come's close to IBIZA in our heart. Simply the best place on Earth. Sun, sea, food, music, day parties, night parties, vibe... (close to paradise).
how dare you say British girls dress trashy....?, oh now i think about it ?

Club nights visited:

20th :

21th :

22th :

23th :

Biggest regret: Never waking up before 12 PM, because clubbing until 6 or 7 AM every f***ing night (DJ White & MD mixed pretty well every night...)

Awww... I wouldn't say you are not the most popular guy on here, just in this forum people have strong opinions and can been Blunt on their reply

Dates you were there:
10th May - 26th July

Where you stayed:
My flat in Portinatx

Club nights visited:
ADID@Cova Santa
Rumors @Las Dalias

Best night:
Rumors, just after Sant Joan Dance of course.

Worst night:
?

Best bar:
I really have to answer?

Best place to eat:
Es Puet Blanc

Money spent:
A lot, too much. Like always.

Biggest regret:
No real clubbing night in ibiza, at Ushuaia, Privilège or Hï... Naaaaah...

Going back?:
End of September for 5 weeks or more, maybe 7 or 8.

Top tip:
No tip this year, but...

This is the time to try to share some of my fabulous experience this summer in Ibiza, spend two and a half months with no other goal than to enjoy life.
We drank, too, we ate, too much, took drugs, reasonably, we laughed, a lot, we cried, a little, especially when we had to go again.
For the first time in 25 years, I had the time to enjoy the seasons, spring and summer, of my friends, without having to wonder if I would have the time to see them again before leaving, I was cold , early May night, I had hot early July, I forgot a short moment this bitch of life.
I wish everyone a quarter of the happiness I have had in recent weeks.
This place is special, very special. Over the last 25 years, Ibiza has given me the strongest emotions of my life.
Thank you ibiza, thank you Nathalie, thank you Iain, Jacky, Sven, Loreto, Carlo, Cristina, Miku, Mima,, @stivi Joan, David, Marina, Connie, Penny, James, Mano, Lourdes, @kimajy ,@McRackin , Javier, Toni, and the others lovely people whom we shared lovely time with.
Thank you Balansat, Cova Santa, Portinatx, Las Dalias, Benirras, Cala Xucla, el Chiringuito, thank you Local Policia, San Juan, Ses Caletes, Sant Vicent, and even thank you Balearia.
A few pics of the summer, i' no particular order...

Last edited:
Back