Tell us how it was - Ibiza 2019

I’ve actually only been old enough to get into clubs for the past year or so ??? so that’s why I go to Ibiza haha! I wanna try and explore more of the island though as I’ve hesrd a lot about the different markets etc

Dates you were there:
Jun 26 - Jul 3

Where you stayed:
Grand Palladium Palace

Club nights visited:
Afterlife opening @ HI

Best night:
Afterlife opening @ HI - was the only night and managed to meet up Stivi for a catch up

Worst night:
Afterlife @ HI - just don't like HI, got v drunk and took a tumble on the way home resulting in a gashed head & legs cut to ribbons

Best bar:
Tantra - great staff & service

Best place to eat:

Tropicana - tremendous food, terrific service, wonderful location, even better company
special mention for the traditional Pinocho visit - reasonable priced, delicious pizza

Money spent:
on island - not much at all (all inclusive)

Biggest regret:
Being too drunk at Afterlife and subsequently falling

Going back?:
Hopefully

Top tip:
Don't fall and open your head

I don't like hi but going to give it another chance and only going because mind against playing.... Hope I can block out the people and just zone in on the music

Ca
I don't like hi but going to give it another chance and only going because mind against playing.... Hope I can block out the people and just zone in on the music

Hi, we’re off to hi next Thursday to afterlife, I’m so worried it’s going to be so busy, I’ve read bad reviews on how cramped it gets, they were oh David guetta night though. Any info would be great. Thanks

They don't need to be. Menu del dia then some tapas in locals places is how I would keep food costs down while still eating out.

12-15 Euros a head for a main plus drinks easily doable if you stay away from touristy spots and fancy / high-end boho-beach (or in many cases just beach) restaurants. Obviously falling out of clubs with no transport isn't going to help as far as choice is concerned but there's still good cheap food to be had even at the water's edge.

Dates you were there:
July 5-8

Where you stayed:
Las Salinas

Club nights visited:
Glitterbox @ HI

Best night:
Glitterbox @ HI. So many tunes from Simon Dunmore and Basement Jaxx! Only caught 30 mins of Melon Bomb in the Wild Corner but they were awesome too.

Worst night:
N/A

Best bar:
Sa Trinxa

Best place to eat:

Pikes. The Sunday lunch was lovely, and thoroughly enjoyed the drinks by the pool afterwards.

Money spent:
Too much on taxis!

Biggest regret:
Apart from the weather being a bit crap, the only tiny regret was that the handful of people dancing at Sa Trinxa didn’t escalate, even when Jon Sa Trinxa dropped Joe Smooth and then NJoi. Had two great days there though.

Going back?:
Definitely. This was the first time in 11 years but we’ll be back next year!

Top tip:
You get more glasses than you might think out of a jug of Sangria – a couple of jugs kept the two of us going all day on the beach (drinking leisurely rather than smashing it).

Dates you were there: 10 - 17th July

Where you stayed: Hotel Abrat.

Really impressed with the new rooms that have been added on. Spacious, large bath / shower, good view. I think they are mainly used as family rooms.

Stayed half board and the buffet breakfasts / evening meal were great when we had them. Nice chilled pool area, plenty of sun loungers & really friendly / helpful staff.

Club nights visited: Shine @ Eden.

As this was a family trip I Only planned one proper night out. Having not been clubbing for what seems like an age it was good to get back amongst it. Got to Eden about 1.30 and the dancefloor was comfortably busy. I'd say most of the crowd was 35+ with a few youngens thrown in for good measure. A good mix of people.

Only negative / strange part of the night. Stood by the speakers just off the left side of dancefloor by the bar. Dancing & minding my own business. Security walks up, shines a torch at me and lead me off towards the fire escape. Got there, 3 men and 4 other security people Just said I have no idea what was going on, security looked at me and let me go ?‍♂️.
Saw this happen to at least 2 other people.

Best night: Shine @ Eden

Worst night: N/A
We tried to get into Hi for Bodyworks with my GFs daughter who is 16. A large group of lads in the queue in front got asked for ID and we were waved through, so thought we'd got in. Another security member walked over to us when scanning our tickets and then asked her for ID. ?‍♂️
Wasnt to be this time so just went around the PDB bars.

Best bar: cant really recall any stand out bars this time around.

Best place to eat: Kasbah.

Have been here before for drinks but never food. Really big portions, great service and not too expensive IMO. Perfect for sunset.

Money spent: €2000 + £1700 holiday cost

Biggest regret: Not going to Armin and Above & Beyond at Ushuaia. Years gone by On paper this would have been right up my street. Not heard any reviews though so it could have been a trouse fest.
Also really fancied the Pyramid main room on Monday but didnt get chance to go.

Going back?: Of course. Hoping to get a proper clubbing trip booked in for September.

Top tip: The taxi app is brilliant!

This was very different to my normal trips. More money spent on meals & drinks than club tickets & taxis.

We also went to STK for food one night. Cost €250 for 6 drinks, 3 mains and 3 desserts. Service was above and beyond. Great atmosphere and really good food.

Went on the Es Vedra & Formentera boat excursion. Set off at 9am back at 10:30pm.
Journey around EsVedra, a dip in the sea at E'spalmador followed by Paella.
Trip over to Formentera to visit the light house and 2 beaches. A few drinks at Tiburon then back for a BBQ and sunset. Very enjoyable trip and definitely a recommendation for a chilled out boat day.

Our flight home was late on Wednesday so we decided to go to Bongos Bingo at Ibiza Rocks for a few drinks and a laugh.

Something my girlfriend really noticed that was other than on the West End, she felt like Brits were in the minority. I noticed more Italians & Dutch on the island than ever before.

Attachments

• 20190717_110521_compress99.jpg
    20190717_110521_compress99.jpg
    452.1 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20190713_205643_925_compress53.jpg
    IMG_20190713_205643_925_compress53.jpg
    540.7 KB · Views: 22
  • 20190713_212320_compress3.jpg
    20190713_212320_compress3.jpg
    557.2 KB · Views: 21
  • 20190715_210755_compress43.jpg
    20190715_210755_compress43.jpg