Tell us how it was - Ibiza 2018

Dates you were there: 30/08/18 - 08/09/18

Where you stayed: Aparthotel Del Mar for first 3 nights and then Ibiza Rocks for the remainder

Club nights visited: Cream at Hi and then it was pool parties. Craig David, Garage Nation and Cuckloo Land. Also did Cuckloo Land before we stayed there the first Friday.

Best night: Cream and Craig David. Mainly did Cream for Oliver Heldens and to see what it was like as hadn't been since it was Space. It was a really good night although it didn't have the same sort of feel as when I did Cream at Amnesia, although I'd only done one previous one so I can't really compare it too much. Craig David was brilliant too and we had a stage view room so we didn't have to get packed into the crowd. Garage Nation was also good fun (which was also my birthday) and had a really good atmosphere!

Worst night: I wouldn't there were any bad nights although I was a bit ill on the Monday night but lesson learnt :lol:

Best bar: We didn't really do bars (maybe random ones in West End a few times) but we did go to Mambo for a nice afternoon drink on the second day. Also had drinks in the room at Ibiza Rocks to save money (easier with the stage view room).

Best place to eat: There was a decent restaurant down the front near the harbour (La Cantina or something) which we went to a few times but mainly had something at Ibiza Rocks as had discount. Also got some food for the room.

Money spent: Far too much in total and ended up on a shoestring the last few days as overspent to begin with :lol:

Biggest regret: Maybe not planning more money wise but we still had a brilliant time.

Going back?: Yes, but probably not next year as we want to go back to Jamaica soon so can't justify the money. When we do go back we'll go to a different area of the island to see more of it and possibly an all inclusive hotel. Not to say we might not factor in a shorter break next Summer...

Top tip: Don't regret anything :lol:

Dates you were there:
Last 2 weeks in august

Where you stayed:
Villa 15 minutes from san an

Club nights visited:
Coxy at priv , nuff said...

Mike and Claire doing EGO at Lio.
Lio has the cabaret night at first and it is f***ing amazing.
Min spend 450 , but the food and the atmosphere is incredible.
Then the club gets handed over to the promoters , and we did Lio.
Ill be honest , i loved manumission but this isnt it..
Its very arty and different but if expect to see claires arsehoop , forget it.
Seeing them back on the island is great but the music was off and I could see Mike nervously clocking the crowd which was mainly posh pretentious twats and they were definately not the up for it crowd i expected.
Table for the club , min 450 , so for a full night you are into a grand and im happy to say i have done it.. but then i have also seen claires arsehoop before so nothing missed there.

Tongy at blue marlin
GET A f***ING TABLE AND AVOID THE DANCEFLOOR
The garlic prawns are mint and if you head to the marina first they will call forward and ensure your table is ready on arrival.
Dont worry anout the time limit on the table. Order bubbly on arrival and its yours allnight so you can watch more pretentious twats spending 18 grand a pop on veuve clique. The fireworks means its the 30 grand bottle. Saw 3 get delivered. Wankers.

Best night: loved privilige , 3 hours on the dancefloor , left soaked to the skin , jo capri was brilliant , sasha was flat , coxy nailed it

Worst night: last night at talamanca beach... heartbroken to be leaving , again

Best bar: mambos at midnight , completely silent ... wonderful
The island is returning to those that own it....

Best place to eat: lio , get the caviar starters on a ceramic pillow

Money spent: the gdp of a small african nation

Biggest regret:.... not hiring vip cars for the entire holiday... rocking around the island in a brabus , smashed , is the only way to fly

Going back?: cannot wait

Top tip: dont score of the lucky lucky men whilst wearing hot pink minishorts and broken shades. It frightens them. Especially for the third time that day...

Almost forgot my "only in ibiza" moment.
Pulled up outside the suma store in sant josep and asked a guy for a light.
His pal passes me a lighter and when i go to hand it back his pal tells me to keep it because he already has one and that will do for the both of them.
As I drove off they both smiled , waved and my faith in humanity , ibiza and random acts of kindness from rough locals was restored again.
Got smashed on my balcony that night and sat smiling at my new lighter.

Dates you were there: 8th-14th September

Where you stayed: Marina Playa in the bay. We loved this place - its so modem and fresh, and we got sea view rooms overlooking the beach. A dj played house music round the pool every day from 1pm and the pool area itself has bali beds and comfortable loungers. The whole place is kept spotless and I can't fault anything.

Club nights visited: Hed Kandi at Ocean Beach and Cocoon at Pacha.

Best night: Hed Kandi and Pacha. Now I'll be the first to admit I thought OB was full of pretentious dickheads and it was a waste of money BUT as the rest of the group wanted to go I went too. We'd booked a table for €400 which gave us entry and €350 to spend - I was on single drinks of vodka and coke which got me about 8 of them for my share of the minimum spend which I didn't think was too bad at all! I regularly went to Hed Kandi in Sheffield so I liked the music any way and I've got to say the atmosphere and show through the day and night was amazing. We had a table on the terrace upstairs so were away from the main crowd but were free to move about as we wanted. I know a lot of people on here don't like OB and I was fully prepared to hate it but we all agreed it was a fab day.

Cocoon at Pacha - I hadnt really listened to techno before and had an idea of what it was like, however within 5 minutes of getting in Pacha I was dancing as if my life depended on it! Frigging loved it! Pacha itself looks totally different following the refurb - it took a while to get my bearings and we couldn't get to the upstairs terrace where the giant martini glass was - has this area closed now? The extended garden/smoking area was beautiful - plenty of seating available and subtle lighting. Pacha itself though wasn't half as busy as it's been in the past - I've been before and almost had to fight to get across the dance floor and up the steps to leave, but we got there at 1am and easily found dancing space and room to walk around?

Worst night: Our last night - we missed the best sunset of the week and didnt want to go home!

Best bar: Didn't go to loads but Bay Bar and Orange Corner had amazing cocktails

Best place to eat: Davids definitely - I go there without fail every holiday because I love the food and the service is also good. While we were there a man sat near us had taken something and started coming up at his table - I don't know what it was but he came up that hard and fast his mates were looking embarrassed and trying to keep him under control as he was waving his arms around and drawing attention to himself. The Davids staff had obviously seen it all before and asked his friends if they wanted to move to a less obvious table where he recovered and had something to eat later. Surely there's a time and a place to do something like that though - Davids was rammed at the time!

Tapas was a stand out place also - it was the first time going there and it not only looked beautiful (we were there for sunset) but the food was divine too. I had Popeye, calamari, garlic mushrooms, honey and hoisin chorizo and 2 drinks for €40

Money spent: About €800 including prepaying for ocean beach. Didn't go crazy with the drinking and didnt indulge in any party extras this time ;)

Biggest regret: The weather was rubbish - out of 6 days we had 2 of clear sunshine and the rest were cloudy but we made the best of it. Also wish I'd gone to Defected.

Going back?: I'd like to think so but with my girl friends that I've just been with, and I don't know if they'd go back because of the cost and feeling older than a lot of the other holiday makers there. This didn't bother me at all :)

Top tip:Try something that you never would have before! You might surprise yourself :)

Dates you were there: 3rd-11th September

Where you stayed: The Purple in San Antonio. The place was clean, modern, and comfortable, and at a reasonable price, though the location at a high point in town made for some tiring, late-night walks home.

Club nights visited:

Circoloco at DC10
Shine at Privilege
Tomorrowland at Ushuaïa
Together at Amnesia
Armin van Buuren at Hï Ibiza
ITE Opening at Pure
In Trance We Trust at Benimussa Park
Driftwood Pt. 1 (boat party)
Captured Festival at Benimussa Park
Sunk at Es Paradis
Driftwood Pt. 2 (boat party)

Best night: Despite the rain, Captured was a great time -- great people, four stages to bounce between, and amazing sets. Being down front for Bryan Kearney on the decks in the rain made for a perfect ending of event. And the new indoor psytrance area was properly decked out for the occasion and made for a great trip. ;)

Worst night: Tomorrowland -- While not my favorite lineup, I've had some really fun afternoons at Ushuaïa in past years so I like to drop in. Kungs and Steve Angello played good sets, but I bailed about 20 minutes into Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike's closing set, figuring I'd rather have two hours to eat and change before heading back out for Together.

Best bar: Arte de Mojito! Eight years ago, it was where I had my first mojito and still about the best I've found anywhere.

Best place to eat: Rubys Indian & Balti Restaurant in San Antonio. First up, I ate most of my meals at Passion Cafe and Skinny Kitchen, because they serve good, solid vegetarian fare that makes for the right pre-party meal.

However, I tried Rubys my last night for something different. Food took a loooong time to come out -- it's a small place and I think there was one guy cooking and prepping food for the entire restaurant. However, the server was great -- friendly, apologetic about the delays, and even offering a second glass of wine while I waited. And the food was worth the wait -- delicious and I ate every bite.

Worst place to eat: Cafe Del Mar. I only ate there because it was after seeing Armin's warm-up set at Mambo and I was with people I'd met up with. I had better food on my flight home -- I guess because of their location they think they don't have to try with the food. :(

Money spent: About €3,000 including the hotel, parties, food, drink, etc., but not airfare (as this was part of a longer trip over from the USA)

Biggest regret: Being a bit socially burned out by the end. I loved all the parties I went to, and somehow I still had energy through to the end to keep dancing. However, I wasn't fully up to socialize and connect with people over the main trance event, something that's normally a big part of the trance event experience for me.

Also, my base location -- this was my first time staying in San Antonio, and while it was super-convenient for a majority of the events I went to, I didn't enjoy being in that area as much as I have either Eivissa or Playa d'en Bossa. Even the guys trying to sell me "charlie" on the street seemed friendlier in PDB. ;)

Going back?: Hard for me to imagine not going back -- it's a special place and nowhere I'd rather have a holiday. I'd love to drag some friends along so we can rent a villa somewhere.

Top tip: Don't be afraid to visit solo. While it would have been great to have friends along, there's also a lot to be said for experiencing Ibiza on your own schedule.

BONUS TIP: If you end up with a five hour layover in Palma on your flight home, that's plenty of time to get a quick visit to explore the old town. Only about 15 minutes from the airport by taxi -- I managed a quick breakfast at the historic Ca'n Joan De S'aigo and then toured both the Cathedral and the Royal Palace.

Dates you were there:
Last 2 weeks in august

Where you stayed:
Villa 15 minutes from san an

Club nights visited:
Coxy at priv , nuff said...

Mike and Claire doing EGO at Lio.
Lio has the cabaret night at first and it is f***ing amazing.
Min spend 450 , but the food and the atmosphere is incredible.
Then the club gets handed over to the promoters , and we did Lio.
Ill be honest , i loved manumission but this isnt it..
Its very arty and different but if expect to see claires arsehoop , forget it.
Seeing them back on the island is great but the music was off and I could see Mike nervously clocking the crowd which was mainly posh pretentious twats and they were definately not the up for it crowd i expected.
Table for the club , min 450 , so for a full night you are into a grand and im happy to say i have done it.. but then i have also seen claires arsehoop before so nothing missed there.
:eek:
Just confirm me, u dont listen to House music?, as Ego djs were the best i heard this year, far beyond capriati , cox, david morales , louie vega, all djs u may heard in ibz, otherwise nothing to complain about the rest
i didnt expect to attend a manumission privilege party

Dates you were there: 8th-14th September

Where you stayed: Marina Playa in the bay. We loved this place - its so modem and fresh, and we got sea view rooms overlooking the beach. A dj played house music round the pool every day from 1pm and the pool area itself has bali beds and comfortable loungers. The whole place is kept spotless and I can't fault anything.

Club nights visited: Hed Kandi at Ocean Beach and Cocoon at Pacha.

Best night: Hed Kandi and Pacha. Now I'll be the first to admit I thought OB was full of pretentious dickheads and it was a waste of money BUT as the rest of the group wanted to go I went too. We'd booked a table for €400 which gave us entry and €350 to spend - I was on single drinks of vodka and coke which got me about 8 of them for my share of the minimum spend which I didn't think was too bad at all! I regularly went to Hed Kandi in Sheffield so I liked the music any way and I've got to say the atmosphere and show through the day and night was amazing. We had a table on the terrace upstairs so were away from the main crowd but were free to move about as we wanted. I know a lot of people on here don't like OB and I was fully prepared to hate it but we all agreed it was a fab day.

only snobery people hate ocb, don t listen to those people and trust the few House addicts (i didnt write the bitter house nerdz :p out of game, just good for the writing :lol: ) here
there is some lobbying willing to bash some parties here :D, i was wondering wich trend they follow?

Dates you were there: 3rd-11th September

Best bar: Arte de Mojito! Eight years ago, it was where I had my first mojito and still about the best I've found anywhere.

Totally agree - perfect setting.

Also had a good few holidays in Palma - its a lovely city.

BONUS TIP: If you end up with a five hour layover in Palma on your flight home, that's plenty of time to get a quick visit to explore the old town. Only about 15 minutes from the airport by taxi -- I managed a quick breakfast at the historic Ca'n Joan De S'aigo and then toured both the Cathedral and the Royal Palace.

only snobery people hate ocb, don t listen to those people and trust the few House addicts (i didnt write the bitter house nerdz :p out of game, just good for the writing :lol: ) here
there is some lobbying willing to bash some parties here :D, i was wondering wich trend they follow?

just cos I don't play your game, it doesn't mean I'm out of the game...:!:

google translate helped me to translate this from german for you english readers, hope its ok to understand.

28.08. - 07.09.2018

Accommodation: 3 nights in a small hotel / Airbnb named Rob Tower in San Jose then 7 nights in Paradiso Art Hotel in the Bay of San An

Budget: pretty much

Visited parties: Namaste, Rumors, Eric Prydz, various at Ocean Beach

Best party: Eric Prydz, Camelphat and Solardo @ HI, i liked the Solardo set a lot, those guys were rocking the theatre first, later the club, i also met them in person, both really nice lads,

Worst party: Tinie Tempah in Ushuaia, no explanation required

Favorite bar: wherever there is San Miguel and estrella .....

Favorite Restaurant: Ca`s Pages Santa Eulalia and El Destino Tapas, San Josep

Favorite beach: this year Es Cavalet

I regret this: to have paid 100 euro for a fish at restaurant il Xarcu

I'll do that again: going swimming in my birthday suit at es Cavalet

Then I fly again: October otherwise next year.

tip: check the medusas ibiza app before going for a swimm.....

My impressions and how I experienced my Ibiza vacation:

As mentioned here in this forum many times the pdb and the strip are really empty, no matter what time of the day, where there used to be more people it is emptier in contrast to other years.
San Antonio seems to be synonymous, but a little less affected but also the streets there are a bit emptier and partly the restaurants too, although for example. The Ocean Beach is still well visited, but i noticed that the people consumed less alcohol and were a bit less drunk.
A colleague who lives in Ibiza said that the months of July and August were still very busy and she felt it was quite full and she was glad now that its getting a bit emptier again.

First we stayed 3 nights in a small hotel / Airbnb Rob Tower in San Jose then 7 nights in the Paradiso Art Hotel in the bay of San An, I noticed that there were quite a few groups of young English girls and Asian tourists in this hotel, but rarely stayed more than 2-3 nights, on instagram i could view their perfect life selfie stories, it seems to confirm the new getaway trend.

Beaches:
i visited the following beaches which were really overcrowded and there were just too many people, Cala D'Hort, cala comte, cala Salada and Saladita as well as Cala Crazietta, there was cloth next to cloth, with about 20 cm distance, not exactly that what you want when you're a little tired and just came for a chilling day at the beach, lots of loud Napolitans mostly in groups of 5 or more, dress code: samesame; dc10 / ants / ushuaia / music on tanktop or shirt ... Conversational theme number one the past party night and the coming ... many of them take the drink and the food from the supermarket to the beach, they rarely visit the beach bars and restaurants. in which hotels or where the Italians exactly live is a mystery to me ...

My favorite beach this time was es cavalet, my wife and I loved the nudist beach best, but there were also less people than in previous years, the distance to the next cloth was about 20 meters. We also liked sa trincha, also because there were fewer people than last year, for a table there was no need to wait you could just go in and get one. the food has improved and also with the service staff was nice and friendly.
for breakfast / brunch always and every day in the Passion, for dinner sometimes very simple only kfc but also very dignified for two for 180 €.

Visited restaurants:
El Destino, Tapas, San Josep,, nice staff, cheap and very good
Can Domingo, San Josep, good food, beautiful surroundings but expensive, the upscale society or those who would like to be ...
Sunset ashram, a bit overpriced but ok to eat, drinks are priced ok.
Cala Grazionetta, food very good, nice staff, cheap drinks
Ca's Pages, very good bbq meat, big portions, nice staff
Sushi Kinomi, good value, fine sushi
il Xarcu, totally overpriced, food did not fit my stomach, nice staff
La Paloma, good food, value for money, beautiful surroundings, somehow very touristy
pizzeria al fresco, cheap but good pizzas,
YOGOOD, fine Froozen yogurt
Passion San Josep, healthy brunch, price ok, nice staff,
El Carmen, Cala d`Hort, both had gastric sting after eating, too expensive and too crowded, service staff not particularly friendly
El Carnicero, good meat, see and be seen, some stressed staff,
Old Tavern pub, classic english food but also calamares etc at a reasonable price in a simple environment,
Sunseabar San Antonio, good snacks, nice staff, price ok.

All in all, as always a good Ibiza holiday, ten unforgettable days and nights, experienced many beautiful things and collected nice impressions, experienced some beautiful Sunsets with awesome sound, sometimes we were very drunk, also drunk a lot of Hierbas, smoked too much, drunk loads of Wine even for lunch, experienced glaring hangovers, ate very good, average and everything and sometimes too much, got stomach ache, stomach burns, caught cold sore on the lip, encounter with a jellyfish and got bitten, hurt my toes in the sea, met cool and lovely people, I was excited in the traffic, got lost on one of them little roads my sat nav told me drive thru between santa gertrudis and san llorenc, got flashed by one of them numerous speed cameras, laughed a lot, met old acquaintances, danced days and nights, little sleep, sometimes too much sleep. needed a lot of coffee and Red Bull, while i was driving the car we always listened to ibiza sonica, ibiza global and pure. It was unbelievably awesome, of course we will fly back, maybe again in October.

google translate helped me to translate this from german for you english readers, hope its ok to understand.

28.08. - 07.09.2018

Accommodation: 3 nights in a small hotel / Airbnb named Rob Tower in San Jose then 7 nights in Paradiso Art Hotel in the Bay of San An

Best party: Eric Prydz, Camelphat and Solardo @ HI, i liked the Solardo set a lot, those guys were rocking the theatre first, later the club, i also met them in person, both really nice lads,

As mentioned here in this forum many times the pdb and the strip are really empty, no matter what time of the day, where there used to be more people it is emptier in contrast to other years.
San Antonio seems to be synonymous, but a little less affected but also the streets there are a bit emptier and partly the restaurants too, although for example. The Ocean Beach is still well visited, but i noticed that the people consumed less alcohol and were a bit less drunk.
A colleague who lives in Ibiza said that the months of July and August were still very busy and she felt it was quite full and she was glad now that its getting a bit emptier again.

First we stayed 3 nights in a small hotel / Airbnb Rob Tower in San Jose then 7 nights in the Paradiso Art Hotel in the bay of San An, I noticed that there were quite a few groups of young English girls and Asian tourists in this hotel, but rarely stayed more than 2-3 nights, on instagram i could view their perfect life selfie stories, it seems to confirm the new getaway trend.

Beaches:
i visited the following beaches which were really overcrowded and there were just too many people, Cala D'Hort, cala comte, cala Salada and Saladita as well as Cala Crazietta, there was cloth next to cloth, with about 20 cm distance, not exactly that what you want when you're a little tired and just came for a chilling day at the beach, lots of loud Napolitans mostly in groups of 5 or more, dress code: samesame; dc10 / ants / ushuaia / music on tanktop or shirt ... Conversational theme number one the past party night and the coming ... many of them take the drink and the food from the supermarket to the beach, they rarely visit the beach bars and restaurants. in which hotels or where the Italians exactly live is a mystery to me ...

My favorite beach this time was es cavalet, my wife and I loved the nudist beach best, but there were also less people than in previous years, the distance to the next cloth was about 20 meters. We also liked sa trincha, also because there were fewer people than last year, for a table there was no need to wait you could just go in and get one. the food has improved and also with the service staff was nice and friendly.
for breakfast / brunch always and every day in the Passion, for dinner sometimes very simple only kfc but also very dignified for two for 180 €.

Visited restaurants:
Can Domingo, San Josep, good food, beautiful surroundings but expensive, the upscale society or those who would like to be ...
La Paloma, good food, value for money, beautiful surroundings, somehow very touristy
El Carmen, Cala d`Hort, both had gastric sting after eating, too expensive and too crowded, service staff not particularly friendly
Old Tavern pub, classic english food but also calamares etc at a reasonable price in a simple environment,

All in all, as always a good Ibiza holiday, ten unforgettable days and nights, experienced many beautiful things and collected nice impressions, experienced some beautiful Sunsets with awesome sound, sometimes we were very drunk, also drunk a lot of Hierbas, smoked too much, drunk loads of Wine even for lunch, experienced glaring hangovers, ate very good, average and everything and sometimes too much, got stomach ache, stomach burns, caught cold sore on the lip, encounter with a jellyfish and got bitten, hurt my toes in the sea, met cool and lovely people, I was excited in the traffic, got lost on one of them little roads my sat nav told me drive thru between santa gertrudis and san llorenc, got flashed by one of them numerous speed cameras, laughed a lot, met old acquaintances, danced days and nights, little sleep, sometimes too much sleep. needed a lot of coffee and Red Bull, while i was driving the car we always listened to ibiza sonica, ibiza global and pure. It was unbelievably awesome, of course we will fly back, maybe again in October.
Great review! Come to think of it... i dont ever remember coming across any Italian's in any hotel ive stayed in :lol:

28.08. - 07.09.2018

Beaches:

Visited restaurants:

any more details about Namaste on wed, this is the party ive missed as i forgot it was on wed :D (Feuck, i should not do cocoon along summer :p and save it 4 closing)and their closing b4 when i land in ibz.
the crowd? the music?

es cavallet is a nice beach,I have to go to el chiringuito along closing to pick some mixed cds (do people here , buy mix cds to support djs? ) ..but P is nightmare there
ps:when u party hard u forgot a lot of things :spank:

Last edited:
any more details about Namaste on wed, this is the party ive missed as i forgot it was on wed :D (Feuck, i should not do cocoon along summer :p and save it 4 closing)and their closing b4 when i land in ibz.
the crowd? the music?

es cavallet is a nice beach,I have to go to el chiringuito along closing to pick some mixed cds (do people here , buy mix cds to support djs? ) ..but P is nightmare there
ps:when u party hard u forgot a lot of things :spank:

namaste has got a very nice and warm atmosphere aswell as a peacefull crowd, the decorations are well psychadelic, i liked the drink prices aswell, had a few beers, i can only remember eva pacificos set, i like her music style, also saw her a few times on ibiza global tv or was it sonika tv?

Back