Tell us how it was - Ibiza 2018

glad you enjoyed! come back to Europe soon
Yeah, next year 2019 is probably a no-go for Ibiza, but July 2020 I will be celebrating my 40th.... so I might make the effort to jump the puddle.

Some activities highlights not included above:

-Solstice sunset at Benirras
-St. Joan festival
-PdB waterpark (x2)
-StaE Karting
-Es Vedra boat trip
-Formentera (x2)
-Espalmador
-Acrobosc ropes course

All were loads of fun and recommended if on a Ibiza holiday with kids.

Last edited:
Dates you were there: 10/07 – 20/07

Where you stayed:
Hotel Osiris, San Antonio

Club nights visited: Afterlife, Ants & Eric Prydz

Best night:
Afterlife – Hï lacks the magic of the sunrise in Vista, but I think the concept of Afterlife works everywhere. This mainly concerns the music and the tailor-made production (including Afterlife man insignia above the dance floor) fits in perfectly with this. In line with the concept, I have been able to experience a great musical journey here. Especially the sets from Vaal and Tale Of Us were very good!

Ants – Dancing under the sun to some good music, that’s what Ants is all about for me. I especially enjoyed UNER and Kölsch who both played a melodic set that fitted well with the ambiance.

Eric Prydz – This evening would not have been my first choice (because it was not my preference to go to the same club twice), but since we were with several people you sometimes have to compromise. In retrospect, I also had a very nice evening here. The music was decent and the production was out of this world!

Worst night: None.

Best bar: Didn’t really do many bars but watching the sunset at Mambo is always nice.

Best place to eat:
Aiyanna - Excellent food, good service and a breathtaking view. Would recommend this to everyone!

Tapas (San Antonio) - Very good food for a reasonable price.

Money spent: Enough.

Biggest regret: My only regret was not staying longer..

Going back?: Yes!

Top tip:
- Rent a car and explore the island
- Enjoy the beautiful sunsets
- Use the disco bus

Last edited:
Dates you were there: July 17th - 25th

Where you stayed: Poniente Playa Apartments (San Antonio) 6 person room was quite good but the security were groanworthy

Club nights visited: Resistance
Elrow @ Ushuaia, Paradise
Afterlife
Labyrinth
Elrow
Solomun +1
Circoloco
Eric Prydz

Best night: 7 Hours of the Tale of Us was alot of fun, couldn't wait to see them again and they did not disappoint. Afterlife is still an absolute great party and has its permanent home in Hi.

I really enjoyed getting to see the undisputed king of Ibiza, Solomun. He had a really good b2b with the Black Madonna and I wish I went to Amnesia to see him aswell.

Lastly Eric Prydz is always a treat and it was a cool surprise to see him drop so many of his classics, couldn't believe it when he played Pjanoo.

Worst night: Circoloco, was only there for a few hours and didn't plan to stay long but the place was just heaving, enjoyed Patrice Baumel's set though.

Best bar: My favourite bars on the strip were Soho and since it is tradition to pop into Joe Spoons for a few, so I guess that also.

Best place to eat: David's, Rita's Cantina and Bondi frequented abit.

Money spent: Less than previous years due to the lack of daytime parties but still close to 750 I reckon.

Biggest regret: I guess following the crowd on a few occasions when there was a better option.

Going back?: Other life events may result in this as my last trip for a while but I definitely had some of the best moments on the island ever this past week

Top tip: Cherish every moment because they cannot be replicated anywhere else.

Dates you were there: July 17th - 25th

Where you stayed: Poniente Playa Apartments (San Antonio) 6 person room was quite good but the security were groanworthy

Club nights visited: Resistance
Elrow @ Ushuaia, Paradise
Afterlife
Labyrinth
Elrow
Solomun +1
Circoloco
Eric Prydz

Best night: 7 Hours of the Tale of Us was alot of fun, couldn't wait to see them again and they did not disappoint. Afterlife is still an absolute great party and has its permanent home in Hi.

I really enjoyed getting to see the undisputed king of Ibiza, Solomun. He had a really good b2b with the Black Madonna and I wish I went to Amnesia to see him aswell.

Lastly Eric Prydz is always a treat and it was a cool surprise to see him drop so many of his classics, couldn't believe it when he played Pjanoo.

Worst night: Circoloco, was only there for a few hours and didn't plan to stay long but the place was just heaving, enjoyed Patrice Baumel's set though.

Best bar: My favourite bars on the strip were Soho and since it is tradition to pop into Joe Spoons for a few, so I guess that also.

Best place to eat: David's, Rita's Cantina and Bondi frequented abit.

Money spent: Less than previous years due to the lack of daytime parties but still close to 750 I reckon.

Biggest regret: I guess following the crowd on a few occasions when there was a better option.

Going back?: Other life events may result in this as my last trip for a while but I definitely had some of the best moments on the island ever this past week

Top tip: Cherish every moment because they cannot be replicated anywhere else.

What did you think of Labyrinth & Elrow @ Amnesia?

What did you think of Labyrinth & Elrow @ Amnesia?
I was pretty disappointed HS82 hasn't been doing the closing slot that much this year, add to that the fact he was only on for 2 hours, it is his party after all. But I understand the Friday night slot is an awkward one to have for a residency. I much preferred Carl Craig's set to Daley's anyway (he looked like he was in a rush to get out of the place). As for Elrow, Steve Lawler wasn't amazing (his mixing and track selection were just off) but Alan Fitzpatrick was good. And for what it was Marc Maya was pretty decent at the two Elrow events I seen him at, the track he has been blasting out lately (Bohemien - Maven) just fits that party perfectly.

I was pretty disappointed HS82 hasn't been doing the closing slot that much this year, add to that the fact he was only on for 2 hours, it is his party after all. But I understand the Friday night slot is an awkward one to have for a residency. I much preferred Carl Craig's set to Daley's anyway (he looked like he was in a rush to get out of the place). As for Elrow, Steve Lawler wasn't amazing (his mixing and track selection were just off) but Alan Fitzpatrick was good. And for what it was Marc Maya was pretty decent at the two Elrow events I seen him at, the track he has been blasting out lately (Bohemien - Maven) just fits that party perfectly.
Cheers mate good info! Will be seeing Alan Fitzpatrick at Abode/DNS when I'm over and i know what you mean about the Friday night slot. Not sure on what to do on the Friday yet will probably decide over there on the day.

Dates you were there: July 19th - July 26th

Where you stayed: B&B about 15 min from San Antonio

Club nights visited: Dystopia, Children of the 80's, Elrow, Zoo Project, Eric Prydz, Namaste.

Best night: Elrow. While we were a bit dissapointed with the Far West themed party last month, the Rowmuda Triangle party knocked us off our feet. To be in confettishower and Amnesia's CO2 canon at the same time while Steve Lawler is playing bangers is unforgettable. Plus there were some special guest in Amnesia. The entire Arnau family (Elrow founders) and three UK national team soccer players (don't know their names but it was fun to see the UK people react to them) were looking over the party from the balcony.
Close second and third: Namaste @ Las Dalias and Zoo Project @ Benimussa, both had a great vibe and atmosphere.

Worst night: Unfortunately, Prdyz @ Hi. Way too crowded and more like a concert than a rave. Impossible to dance in the main room from the moment Camelphat started their set. A sea of smartphone screens filming the set. Hard to move in or our the crowd. Left early.

Best bar: Sunset Ashram @ Cala Conte

Best place to eat: Can Pilot in San Rafel or Hostal La Torre in Cap Negret because of the great view.

Money spent: Dont wanna know.

Biggest regret: No regrets, but Ibiza can give you incredible fomo (fear of missing out). Some nights there is just too many options to choose from and that can lead to high expectations from the choice you eventually made.

Going back?: YES! In Winter and next season.

Top tip: Go with the flow, don't stick to your prefabricated schedule. Gut decisions are the best.

Last edited:
Best day/night: Zoo. As reviewed in another thread it was my mates first time there and they loved it. Monki played the set of the holiday in the Seal Pit. It's on the Zoo FB page if anyone wants to check it.

Monki played again last sunday and it was amazing again! Set of the holiday for us too. And the vibe in the seal pit is great :)

Hostel La Torre is a great alternative sunset spot, went last year and had Alfredo playing as sun went down. Need to pre-book to get a good table...

Dates you were there:
July 14 - 21 as a group of 3 couples

Where you stayed:
Villa on San Jose Rd, 1 min walk from Restaurant Can Bas

Club nights visited:
Elrow, Circo Loco, Cocoon and Do Not Sit @ Heart

Best night: P
robably Elrow but more because it was out first night as a group and there was that first night energy. Music was OK but not ground breaking

Worst night:
Do not sit @ Heart but only because was a bit tired after Cocoon. Also we were supposed to be seeing a friend DJ at Lio but then couldn't get in as wearing shorts so gutted about that.
Really enjoyed DC10 until about half 2 when it got silly busy so spent quite a bit of time in the Garden talking crap. Loved Honey Dijon's set.
Cocoon was good, just a night out for me and the Mrs, ate at the restaurant before and then headed in about 2. Roman Flugel was too hard for me but loved Sven's set. They seemed to close the terrace just after 3am though which was a let down.

Best bar: Didn't really do bars as had the villa but you can't fault Can Jordi Bues Station (opposite Can Bas) for a €2.50 grande cerveza.

Best place to eat: All food we ate out was good - again we used the BBQ at the Villa a lot. Can Bas was very nice, good prices and big portions - plus a beautiful setting. Maria Luisa for an amazing bullit de peix that my mate had been planning for a year! Pacha was Pacha - always top class (with top prices to match). Also tried El Barco in Talamanca as a friend is working there - very good grilled meats, got the basics right. Grabbed a light bite of Boutique Hostal Salinas that was very good too. Finished with a long lunch at Whites in Bossa as a tradition -can't argue with their fixed price lunch. Nicely presented food and big portions again.

Money spent: Between 2, £250 flights, £900 accommodation and £2000 spends

Biggest regret: Not a deal breaker but should have had an earlier night after not getting in to Lio and saving some energy for the Friday. Also, a slightly different holiday because of the villa. Meant we visited only one beach (Calle Vadella).

Going back?: f course

Top tip: try a villa, very different but enjoyable holiday

Dates you were there: 17th - 20th May, hen weekend, not my usual Ibiza holiday

Biggest regret: That round of hierbas. And getting too drunk on the last day/night and being incredibly rough going home. I had major anxiety about flying and the alcohol didn't help. I was sick about 4 times before we left for the airport and was in a world of mental anguish.

I feel your pain regarding the airport...I build in a clean living day before departure now, I've had some awful experiences at that airport waiting to fly home. They should consider building a dark, air-conditioned room where people can lie down and listen to gentle ambient music with pictures of kittens projected onto the walls.

Dates you were there: Sunday 22nd-Saturday 28th July

Where you stayed: Apartment between Ibiza Port and Dalt Vila

Club nights visited: Solomun+1 (The Black Madonna), Amnesia Pyramid (Diynamic Takeover), Cocoon (Sven all night long with Kink), Shadows/Magdalena at Blue Marlin

Best night: all nights where very good but Solomun and Pyramid didn’t quite meet expectations and Cocoon exceeded them so I’ll go for Cocoon. Was really impressed with how they opened up so many of the VIP areas upstairs for normal punters and not sure if I imagined it but the staff were noticeably more friendly than the Solomun nights we attend. Sven’s set was also much more “accessible” than I had expected too playing lots of tracks I recognised (and I’m no music head) (Butch - Countach, Bodzin - Strand, Neutron Dance, Konstantin Sibold - Mutter etc.) This was the third night out of four we went out and wasn’t really expecting too much and went with friends who are are into Trance and they really enjoyed it too. Room 2 was fun as well and we met loads of really friendly people (Including Stivi) which was in contrast to the other nights which were a little less friendly.

Worst night: we flew back at 1.30am Sunday morning so that was a bit of struggle

Best bar: Spent Friday at Sa Trinxa during the day and actually the music and vibe was really good and then we went to Blue Marlin for Shadows with Magdalena and Superflu and this was really good. Drink Prices at BM actually not as bad as expected (€5 Water and beer €8 / €9) and the party was “proper” in that lots of people getting involved after day on the beach in contrast to, say, Rumors, where lots of people just “looking in” (including us when we’ve been)

Best place to eat: Best meal was probably first evening at La Bodega in Talamanca with just some simple Tapas. Food at Sa Trinxa being most disappointing but then you don’t really go there for the food. We also went to San Antonio for the first time (with friends to Tropicana for Trance Night) and had a nice late meal at the Mexican Street food place on the promenade - food was very good for the price.

Money spent: Not sure ... €200 night accom and probably average €250per day on top plus £300 flight plus club tickets

Biggest regret: booking a 1.30am flight home and getting home at 4.30am UK time... wife was not impressed!

Going back?: in Early September for another 7 days

Top tip: Again we used the sea-taxis from Ibiza Town to PDB and the busses to Salinas and this saves quite a bit on Taxi fares ...(also when leaving Blue Marlin we got an official transfer in 7 seator Merc Van back to the Port for €40 - which didn’t seem an outrageous price and for bigger group would have been great value)

Dates you were there: Sunday 22nd-Saturday 28th July

Where you stayed: Apartment between Ibiza Port and Dalt Vila

Club nights visited: Solomun+1 (The Black Madonna), Amnesia Pyramid (Diynamic Takeover), Cocoon (Sven all night long with Kink), Shadows/Magdalena at Blue Marlin

Best night: all nights where very good but Solomun and Pyramid didn’t quite meet expectations and Cocoon exceeded them so I’ll go for Cocoon. Was really impressed with how they opened up so many of the VIP areas upstairs for normal punters and not sure if I imagined it but the staff were noticeably more friendly than the Solomun nights we attend. Sven’s set was also much more “accessible” than I had expected too playing lots of tracks I recognised (and I’m no music head) (Butch - Countach, Bodzin - Strand, Neutron Dance, Konstantin Sibold - Mutter etc.) This was the third night out of four we went out and wasn’t really expecting too much and went with friends who are are into Trance and they really enjoyed it too. Room 2 was fun as well and we met loads of really friendly people (Including Stivi) which was in contrast to the other nights which were a little less friendly.

Worst night: we flew back at 1.30am Sunday morning so that was a bit of struggle

Best bar: Spent Friday at Sa Trinxa during the day and actually the music and vibe was really good and then we went to Blue Marlin for Shadows with Magdalena and Superflu and this was really good. Drink Prices at BM actually not as bad as expected (€5 Water and beer €8 / €9) and the party was “proper” in that lots of people getting involved after day on the beach in contrast to, say, Rumors, where lots of people just “looking in” (including us when we’ve been)

Best place to eat: Best meal was probably first evening at La Bodega in Talamanca with just some simple Tapas. Food at Sa Trinxa being most disappointing but then you don’t really go there for the food. We also went to San Antonio for the first time (with friends to Tropicana for Trance Night) and had a nice late meal at the Mexican Street food place on the promenade - food was very good for the price.

Money spent: Not sure ... €200 night accom and probably average €250per day on top plus £300 flight plus club tickets

Biggest regret: booking a 1.30am flight home and getting home at 4.30am UK time... wife was not impressed!

Going back?: in Early September for another 7 days

Top tip: Again we used the sea-taxis from Ibiza Town to PDB and the busses to Salinas and this saves quite a bit on Taxi fares ...(also when leaving Blue Marlin we got an official transfer in 7 seator Merc Van back to the Port for €40 - which didn’t seem an outrageous price and for bigger group would have been great value)

great to meet you two!!

Dates you were there: 19th July to 23rd July

Where you stayed: Gran Sol (Calo Des Moro). Clean hotel in a good location, nothing flashy but ticked all the boxes. Never tried the dinner or lunch but decent standard buffet breakfast.

Club nights visited/events:
Clockwork Orange @ Zoo
, enjoyed the event but the music didn't do it for me this year

CO @ Es Paradis
, only stuck it out for an hour after being on the sesh all day. Hadn't been in this place in 15yrs and found it tacky though I had enough by that stage so maybe unfair

Pikes
, only my second time here but really enjoyed it, great atmosphere and good music, will defs return

CO Beach Party
, a proper beach party with a friendly atmosphere. I found this one even better than previous years and just takes me back to the way it used to be

Best place to eat: Landed into Kasbah not expecting much but was pleasantly surprised, everyone enjoyed their food, can't remember the price but think it was reasonable

Best Bar: I'll go for the Golden Buddha. There was 15 people in our group so difficult to get people shifted.

Money Spent: Around £2000 total for both me and the wife all in

Biggest regret: None really, maybe need to pace myself better

Going Back: After 20+ years I always say each time is my last but still feel I've a few more trips in me. Have my eye on a sneaky trip in Sept if the stars align

Top Tip: Live each trip as if it's your last, we don't know how lucky we are. This website is fantastic for info, all contributors keep up the good work

Managed to bump into a few spotlighters this time, the Pirate, and Diver just sat down beside me at Pikes, what are the chances of that eh?

Sven smashing out Mutter :( Hands down my favourite moment of my clubbing career hearing that for the first time on the terrace in 2016. Incredible.

Only ever heard it once again when out and it was when passing a tent at a festival.

Back