Tell us how it was - Ibiza 2017

Just got back to work today (needed to chill out after ibiza) i told work colleagues yes going back in oct, they look at me like really or they are like "you must like it then" they just dont get it ha! I told another work colleague, "yeh paid 20 e for my flight in oct" and she is like "ahh thats alright then if u dont go u only spent 20 e" i said " oh i will be going" haha! People just dont get our love an addiction to the white isle! Cant beat it!

Oh i will be living on pasta and cheese on toast for the rest of this mth but it was worth it lol

Dates you were there: 4th - 10th June

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Don Pepe, San An. Would be perfectly fine if it wasn't for those pesky kids on the playground right next door! I would only stay here again in the school holidays.

Club nights visited: Defected @ Eden & Glitterbox @ Hi

Best night: Glitterbox. Although there was nothing wrong with Defected, I enjoy our unplanned visit! I loved it in Hi. Musically more my cup of tea.

Worst night:

Best bar: Rock Bar for catching up with friends. Always have a good laugh in Jacks too.

Best place to eat: La Escollera. Love the laid back atmosphere. Always well looked after but not over bearing. Oh the chateaubriand at El Portalon deserves a special mention too!

Money spent: £500-£600 plus hotel & flight?

Biggest regret: Not going for longer!

Going back?: I hope so. I would think so. Yes of course.

Top tip: Getting the bus saved us a fortune this year!

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Don Pepe, San An. Would be perfectly fine if it wasn't for those pesky kids on the playground right next door! I would only stay here again in the school holidays.

Best night: Glitterbox. Although there was nothing wrong with Defected, I enjoy our unplanned visit! I loved it in Hi. Musically more my cup of tea.

Worst night:

Best bar: Rock Bar for catching up with friends. Always have a good laugh in Jacks too.

Best place to eat: La Escollera. Love the laid back atmosphere. Always well looked after but not over bearing. Oh the chateaubriand at El Portalon deserves a special mention too!

i guess the club Hi wasnt busy rammy for Glitterbox as House Music only attract a few people..

Worst night:

Best bar: Rock Bar for catching up with friends
Hope you get friends prices at rock bar :)

Dates you were there: 7th - 10th June

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Air bnb villa up at KM4 ... good location and quite cheap between 18 or so of us ... taxis not too hard to get and all taxi drivers knew it by name "Ses Casettes"

Club nights visited: Dance 88/89, Glitterbox (I missed In the Dark but rest of group went for an hour for €60!)

Best night: Glitterbox. €25 in before 2.30pm. Not musically my thing but up for it crowd and despite being last night of heavy week 3 of us managed to stay to the end. Thought it was perfectly busy and ended up down the front in the Theatre with room to dance although read elswewhere was impossible to get in to that room. Never was a huge fan of Space (will get slaughtered for that) but generally liked Hi although maybe a bit too clean. Sound wasn't quite right in places bit too clean for house / disco.

Note: the group (>40 year olds) absolutely loved Sankeys Dance 88/89 opening and I thought it was great too especially compared to previous attendance last year in September. Arrived for last half hour of Alfredo and Graeme Park was great. I left at about 4.15am. Very busy and mainly younger crowd than expected. Main room very busy as well as roof terrace. (thanks spotlight for 14 "free" tickets)

Worst night:

In the Dark opening ... the group spent all day at Blue Marlin and hit it pretty hard and couldn't get themselves organised to go out so I bailed for an early night at 1.30am. Turned out to be genius as they headed to Hi at 3am ticketless and paid full whack to all come home at 4am! I would have preferred musically but back in August and September for Solomun x 3 (Butch, Sven Vath, Mind Against) and probably Resistance closing depending on how it gets on through the season)

Best bar:

We went to Beach House in PDB on Saturday to chill before heading home on separate flights and we thought prettty reasonable and decent food and service especially compared to Blue Marlin where we spent €5k !

Best place to eat: La Bodega (Ibiza Town) set tapas menu ... very nice as usual ... not too rushed as quite quiet for Friday night (early season). Also used Flying Pig IBiza for Hog Roast at villa which was great too ...

Money spent: £1000-1100

Biggest regret: met some really nice English girls at Glitterbox and danced with them all night and never got names!

Going back?: 3 days in August and 10 in September

Top tip: early season I think lots of deals for entry to Hi ...

Dates you were there: 4th - 11th June

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Central City Apartments San Antonio

Club nights visited: Defected @ Eden, Sankeys Dance 88/89 Opening Party, Cream Opening Party, Children Of The 80's.

Best night: Cream, Absolutely smashing night, Fatboy Slim was immense, Struggled to get disco bus back as F*** Me I'm Famous crowd filled buses up so they couldn't stop but added to the atmosphere of the comedown after a great night! Long gone are the days of walking back to San An :)

Worst night: Defected In The House not for the music or anything. My Mrs went down ill, not sure if drink was spiked but she spent hour in toilet before coming back out and was totally out of it and she doesn't drink. Needless to say I took her back to the hotel where she slept it off. I went looking for her, couldn't find her as toilets she headed towards were roped off for VIP's. Thought best tactic was to "stay where I was" in case she got lost.

Best bar: White Eivissa Beach Club just past Bora Bora in Playa Den Bossa, Found this little gem which was quiet but blissful before children of the 80's.

Best place to eat: Hard Rock Bar, Loved the chicken pittas.

Money spent: £1000.00 plus hotel & flight?

Biggest regret: Can never win really.... Would've loved to seen Prydz and Deadmau5 at Hi or even at Mambos. I guess you can say going later but that said, Cream Opening as awesome and wouldn't want to change that for anything really.

Going back?: Definitely. As my Mrs isn't much of a clubber, we agreed we are not going back until I'm 40 (in 4 years!!!), we say that but I'm already looking at a few nights when Deadmau5 and Prydz hit Hi. We have pretty much done all the touristy bits too to mix it up a bit being a veteran of several seasons. I think if we do go (she misses it now) it will be for a 4 day quick hit, which to be honest seems pretty likely now lol.

Top tip: It's well known but book club tickets well in advance and get buses. Cheap as chips! If you're not into drugs etc. avoid Playa Den Bossa, before I got my feet off the disco bus steps I had 2 chaps asking if I wanted pills etc. Seems to be a lot more people selling gear down that way. Murphys looked like something from Towie UGH!

Worst night:

We stayed right across the road from you at Central City Apartments on the same dates. The playground was a nightmare, especially when they were running around doing gymnastics when you're trying to get some kip after a night out before.

Reactions: Sez
Dates you were there: June 10-17th. Where you stayed: club maritim San Antonio bay Club nights visited: cuckoo land@ Ibiza rocks (Sunday)& unusual suspects/ do not sleep@ sankeys (Thursday). Best night: Ibiza rocks and sankeys for me were equally as good but verydifferent aka daytime/ night time but I'm a big Darius syrossian fan and he was playing at both.Had some good nights in San an and San an bay too! Worst night: n/a. Best bar: peppers 2 always my favourite bar and also really like itaca. Best place to eat: don't recall any names of places. Money spent: 1700 euros all in. Biggest regret: no regrets as such wanted to do more club nights but will rectify that in September. Going back: September 16-23 San an bay again! Top tip: I'll leave the advice giving to everyone else

Back