Tell us how it was - Ibiza 2016

i havent time for opening 16 to g othere, even i used to go there each ibz trip, hope i will have a go there for aug ibz 16...
in ordering 2 littles starters, its enough to cut your starving :D as they give huge portions...the only drawback is the queue , 30-45mn each time

Sure but for august guess i can forget this place, not a big deal ive made a note with 5-7 restaurants in ibz harbors & willing to discover new restaurants...

Dates you were there: 11th – 15th June with 7 other lads

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Villa Blanca in San Antonio (5 mins walk from the Lidl, near go karting)

Club nights visited: Only Sundays at Space

Best night: SaS (obv). Arrived about 2am. Not as busy as I have seen it, which is understandable given it’s early in the season. Used the Sunset Terrace as a smoking base/meeting place, few funky tunes but never got busy. Couple of trips up to the Premier Etage to talk nonsense. Spent most of our time in the terrace which was pumping (Technasia & Riva Starr b2b then Tenaglia) but moved to the discoteca from 5 as my mate wanted to see Alan Fitzpatrick. Really enjoyable.

Worst night: Monday! Was a bit of a blue Monday. Although tbf we just drank through the pain.

Best bar: Mambo for breakfast was great. Kasbah too. We watched the football in Shenanigans (new irish bar in the west end) and it was spot on. On our first night we hit the west end for some low-brow debauchery (it’s tradition) and was good craic with no trouble. Most of our drinking and eating was done in the villa though as we had BBQ and cheap booze from Lidl. However, we had a really good last night drinking cocktails in the Bay Bar so it wins.

Best place to eat: Prob Kasbah on this trip. I’d usually eat out every night if with the Mrs but the BBQs were too good/cheap so we didn’t really hit any decent restaurants. We did have a meal at the place beside Savannah at the start of the sunset strip (burger place, can’t remember the name - think it used to be a sushi place) but tbh it wasn’t great. €20 for burger and chips and the bap was pretty stale and burger not worth it.

Money spent: Afraid to check in case I have forgotten about a withdrawal or two! Na, wasn’t too bad, about £500 spending money. Flight about £200, villa about £160, transfers about £20.

Biggest regret: Not booking a longer trip.

Going back?: End of Aug for 2 weeks with the Mrs. Cannot wait.

Top tip: Would def recommend getting a villa if there are enough of you. Have been going to Ibiza since 2000 and this is my first villa experience. My mate brought his laptop and music system and we carried on through most of Monday making as much noise as we wanted. I’m sure the two random gardeners/pool cleaners/maintenance men who turned up enjoyed the beats too, and the sight of 8 lads in their mid-30s trying to keep the party going as long as possible and figure out who was of sound mind enough to coherently communicate with said maintenance men. Luckily we concluded that there really was no need.

Oh and a tip for those standing up at the front on the beach during sunset at Mambo. Put the camera phone away, sit the fk down and enjoy. At the very least let others see/enjoy it. Just because we're sitting down doesn't mean we're not interested.

We did have a meal at the place beside Savannah at the start of the sunset strip (burger place, can’t remember the name - think it used to be a sushi place) but tbh it wasn’t great. €20 for burger and chips and the bap was pretty stale and burger not worth it.
Fresh Ibiza by the Mambo group!

Yip, that's the one. The name was ironic. Although may have been a bad night in the kitchen - the service was good but the food let it down.

Ha ha, indeed, from Belfast. Although we actually travelled from Dublin on Ryanair this time given the price. Had a nightmare in Dublin airport as queue for bag drop was ridiculous, must have been loads going to the Euros etc. Nearly didn't make the flight!

The Dublin flight can be lively.What time did you fly out.? We're on 05:45 flight in October:twisted: land in time for breakfast:)

Excellent time to fly as you get the full day. We flew out at about 9am - early start for us though (4am) as we drove down. Yeah, the flight over was quite boisterous. Way back was a bit more reserved. Standard!

Our flight from Belfast (jet2) gets in early evening. Ditch the bags and straight out!

Dates you were there: 16/06/16 - 22/06/16

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Hostal Roca - San Antonio. If you're after a no frills base in San An, this place is ideal. I paid €160 for 6 nights, 2 roads away from the West End but quiet at night. Air Con & Wi-Fi included, nice, clean & friendly.

Club nights visited: Cream, Ants, Elrow, Viva, Circoloco & Carl Cox.

Best night: Ants. First time attending Ants but what an event. Everything was spot on. Djs, Music, Crowd. Saw Catz n Dogs, Joris in the small booth before Andrea Oliva & Kolsch on the main stage.

Worst night: Cream - I had no bad nights but this was my least favourite and that's coming from someone who's musical preference is trance.

Best bar: Itaca & Tropi. Itaca seemed to be busy all day every day which was good to see as its a personal fave. Tropi for the trance which was unavailable elsewhere.

Best place to eat: Ate out quite a lot this trip at various places. Really enjoyed the food at Surf Lounge. Great place to spend a day also.

Money spent: €1600 including €360 flights / accom.

Biggest regret: None really. Covered loads this trip which I'll put in a proper review. Not visiting Pacha perhaps.

Going back?: Flights booked for Space closing.

Top tip: Don't overdo it on the booze / extras. Had friends who wasted most days trying to recover whilst I was out and about trying out new venues making the most of the weather.

I've probably been a bit harsh. I'd been up since 6am on Wednesday and that was probably the reason I didn't enjoy it so much. Tiredness kicking in. I did hear some trance and it wasn't all trouse as I'd been expecting.

Dates you were there: 16/06/16 - 22/06/16

Best night: Ants. First time attending Ants but what an event. Everything was spot on. Djs, Music, Crowd. Saw Catz n Dogs, Joris in the small booth before Andrea Oliva & Kolsch on the main stage.

Def considering Ants when I go back as saw Kolsch before and he was great - good to hear you enjoyed it. What sort of crowd is it i.e. mixed ages? Are drink prices standard club prices in Ushuaia?

cheers

It definitely seemed a slightly older crowd earlier in the evening & the closer you moved towards the main stage the younger the crowd seemed to get. I'm 30 and thought it was a good mix.
Yeah, standard prices. Heineken bottles were €12 or you can buy tokens to get drinks slightly cheaper.

Spot on, thanks. Faithless are playing Ibiza Rocks when we're over but the crowd there can be very young, so that's good to hear about Ants.

Thought Ants was too tech housey last year, and it was packed so I didn't enjoy it. But gonna go in a few weeks becuase nic & Joris, Sneak, Tube and Burger will be there so I think the music will be more varied. It's basically a one off La Familia event and I really enjoyed what Nic and Joris played last year for that event.

That second level area is wicked, someone told me it was a VIP spot? But I somehow just walked up and those planes above you were extra close!

I strongly recommend doing Ants. For me it felt like a bit of the old Ibiza, planes going over, cosmopolitan older crowd, quite messy (!)....underground enough without being boring. Sound system is amazing as I have said on here before...you get drawn in

i don't agree at all, ive done many Ants parties their first year...
Ants can be fine with house legend Dj such Dj SNEAK otherwise i'm not in.too much boring Tech House :p
PS:to people that whant to enjoyt it Ants is recommanded from beginning to 10.00pm max...& to get old ibz vibes, they have too book famous oldschool House Djs :cool: & not the last decade dj:rolleyes: but these Djs Cesar De Melero, Pippi, Cesar Del Rio Dj Oliver, David Morales ,Alfredo & so on...

Back