Tell us how it was - Ibiza 2014

yes the option of BCN was what i used to do along my first Ibz trip, taking the boat..but u loose 1 day enjoyin Ibiza so , & everybody are so excited to land in Ibz as fast they can even buyin pricey plane ticket with more risk to loose ur luggage too..the cheapest ticket plane from Paris for single trip is 80€ but not easy to fit with what you plan...& regular is 200€:you can find more expensive than this too ...i heard some french girls payin 130€(or 230€ i dont really remind) single return ticket plane including 10 days hotel but it was a special offer i guess...

Bit late, but here you go.....

Dates you were there: 30th September - 7th October 2014

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Villa Garcia, Playa d'en Bossa

Club nights visited:
Defected Closing @ Boom!
FUSE Closing @ Sankeys
Tribal Sessions @ Sankeys
ENTER @ Space
Ushuaia Closing
Amnesia Closing
Space Closing

Best night: FUSE and Space Closing.
After we left Boom! early and disappointed, a few of us went to Sankeys for FUSE, I had been there the year before and was itching to go anyway. It didn't disappoint. Musically right up my street and was gutted the night seemed to end so quickly.
Space Closing. As last year we had to leave Space at midnight to get our flight home and miss Fancuilli b2b Cox, there was no way in hell I was missing out on that again. We got tickets for 5am entry, so went for a few drinks to pass the time and got there shortly after. Think we left there about 11:30am having had the best Monday morning of our lives!

Worst night: Hmmm, either Ushuaia or Amnesia Closing. Wasn't feeling it at Ushuaia (probably to do with Amaretto the night before) despite really looking forward for my first visit there and hearing Marco Carola. Amnesia Closing started off well, but as I'm sure it has already been said on here, the sound system was way too loud. Some tracks were barely recognizable to me. Add to that, a fight nearly breaking out next to us down near the front totally killed it for me. Groups of guys itching for a fight. I seen one guy smash his phone to bits outside (about 10am), because he only realized Marco Carola wasn't playing. Haha!

Best bar: There were loads, but special mention to Top21, good hospitality. That's where we went for some cheap drinks (and to purchase our tickets) before heading out.
Loved Sands for tINI and the Gang as well.

Best place to eat: We didn't really venture out to any restaurants this year due to having a villa, but still managed a little visit to Sissi's on our last night.

Money spent: £225 for flights and villa (I know!), plus about £750 spends.

Biggest regret: Not going to Ibiza Underground on the Wednesday night for DJ Sneak, one half of the Martinez Brothers and Art Department. Also, not getting a ticket for DC10 Closing.

Going back?: 26th September 2015, booked!

Top tip: Mamboats for a Sunset Cruise. Get a ticket for DC10 Closing if you're going. Don't drink nearly a whole bottle of Amaretto.

Better late than never!

Dates you were there:
17th-24th September 2014

Where you stayed:
Azuline Hotel Bergantin, San Antonio Bay

Club night visited:
Espuma Foam Party, Amnesia
Cream Closing Party, Amnesia
Paris by Night, Pacha
We Love Sundays, Space
Duke Dumont, Cafe Mambo
UV Glow Neon Paint Party, Privilege
Together Closing Party, Amnesia

Best night:
Duke Dumont, Cafe Mambo
UV Glow Neon Paint Party, Privilege

Having somewhat embarrassingly still protected my Cafe Mambo cherry on This trip to the Island, I decided it was a virginity I had to lose sharpish and to see if the fuss was all it was cracked up to be. We headed across at around 6pm and witnessed the most phenomenal sunset. The service was utterly fantastic with waitresses providing neck, shoulder and head massages to us in our bayside chairs and bringing us endless drinks. The fact that Duke Dumont was playing live was the cherry on the cake and the atmosphere was absolutely electric.

This being our 6th straight night of going all out, we were all rather tired and saw this as a great chilled evening ahead of our 7th and final night on the island the next evening. Yet, as you do, we got talked into buying UV Glow tickets at bet discounted rates from a pair of hot reps on the strip. We instantly regretted it and tried to flog our tickets (unsuccessfully) in Burger King a few minutes later.

Having only decided to head to this event through purely nostalgic reasons (based on perhaps the greatest club night of our lives at Privilege in 2011, back when the club had less limited funds and pulled in a weekly Tiesto residency.) We headed along and made the usual chit chat on the party bus with the latest group of damp Northern girls that swamped us like flies round faeces, but I've never felt less pumped up for a night in my life. After 6 days of All inclusive alcohol, club nights etc, I really didn't have the energy to endure what promised to be a night full of teens and mainstream pop-dance guff.

Instantly, the ice cold air con of Privilege woke me up and we soon bumped into a group of girls and guys in the club who we had become friends with on the strip the night before. By the time the paint shot out covering the entire crowd, I realised not to be such a snob. We had, coupled with Mambo, enjoyed a fantastic evening, and it was even topped off by a worldie dragging me back to her Playa Den Bossa hotel upon leaving.

Worst night:
Espuma Foam Party, Amnesia

I'm sure this could have been an enjoyable evening. But for almost comical reasons, our group of four had been reduced to two on the opening night of the holiday with one of the boys getting mugged in his way to the airport. It left me with the Ibiza Virgin, a man who doesn't enjoy the Ibiza music scene but agreed to come along anyway in the vain of treating the week as a Magaluf type adventure despite our warnings that it would not be how he was expecting.
Needless to say, within an hour of Espuma, he was complaining of how bored he was. And despite entering at around 2am, we ended up leaving before the foam cannons shot off at 5am.
Right venue, wrong people.

Best bar:
Fernandos/Cafe Mambo

Mambo (as above) was beyond belief but we also found much success in a small bar by The Egg. We don't remember it's name other than the bloke who ran it was called Fernando. It then became known as that all week. I'm also a big fan of Plastik and find it a great start to any evening.

Best place to eat:
Burger King?

Being all inclusive, we ate at the hotel all week, only ever munching the odd Burger King on the strip when out and about and in need of an energy boost. So I can't say I'm the man to ask on this front. Don't buy the Pizza in Space. Upon hearing it was "the best pizza ever" I bought a slice on my way out, and though it proved tasty as I was absolutely battered by this point, the 5% part of me that remained sober couldn't help but price how dry it was, fair to say it resembles burnt toast more than pizza.
Don't eat the hot dog stand by The Egg roundabout though, the hot dogs there tried to kill me and my mate (tight chest and instant trouble breathing instantly after consuming!)

Money spent:
£500, plus too many euros in 'Taboo'

Biggest regret:
That one of the fellas, on his first trip to the island, bought what he thought was MDMA from a looky looky man and subsequently went a bit mad, ripping his shirt off, attempting to fight us, spitting in the street, and eventually grabbing a can to the airport and flying home in the middle of a night out. Was a bit of an atmosphere killer in the middle of what was otherwise a banging Friday night lol.

Going back:
Absolutely! July 30th-August 7th booked up.

Top tip:
Go All Inclusive.
The amount you save on drinks throughout the day is crazy. Unlimited booze from 10am-11pm everyday also means you don't have to renew your mortgage after splashing out on €15 beers in the likes of Amnesia and Pacha

That one of the fellas, on his first trip to the island, bought what he thought was MDMA from a looky looky man and subsequently went a bit mad, ripping his shirt off, attempting to fight us, spitting in the street, and eventually grabbing a can to the airport and flying home in the middle of a night out. Was a bit of an atmosphere killer in the middle of what was otherwise a banging Friday night lol.

ffs haha

Dates you were there: may 31st -6th June. July 5th-12th. September 20th-27th

Where you stayed (resort/hotel):
Hotel begantin, hotel azuline San forna, hotel Millord

Club nights visited: dc10 amnesia Ushuaia

Best night: ASOT

Worst night: Calvin Harris at cream. Didn't go to see him but was well over cacidity because of him. Went back in September for PVD Classic set and that was amazing

Best bar: highlander west end

Best place to eat: little tapas in the west end near a little ice cream stall. Forgot the same best tapas I've ever ate

Money spent: around €3000 over the 3 trips

Biggest regret: leaving clubs early due to friends not being as passionate as me to stay.

Going back?: without doubt I will be once this year. Doubt I will ever do the 3 in one year again in my life

Top tip:
Visit all the clubs at least once and explore every side of the island. I still feel there's so much more I could of seen and missed. Don't go in a large group unless you know everyone in your group is very passionate about clubbing and enjoys the same music genre or everyone will clash!

Just though I'd put my two cents in just before 2015 season really kicks off

Dates: 3rd - 9th June & 13th -17th August 2014

Stayed: Royal Plaza (Ibiza Town) & The Ocean Beach (San An)..... That's how I roll :)

Clubs: Pacha (Pure Pacha), Space (Enter & Elrow), Privilege (SuperMartXe), Ocean Beach (Friday Pool Party), Boom (Defected), Zoo Project, Ushuaia, Swag

Best day/night: Zoo Project

Worst Night: Ushuaia (Friday night)

Best Bar: There was one just down from Pacha.. the name escapes me... sorry

Best place to eat: I don't remember eating

Money Spent: £2500

Biggest regret: Buying a flat with my ex.... oh, you mean in regards to my trip? not knowing many years ago what a great place Ibiza is

Going Back: Yep - 30th July

Top Tip: Know how to ride a moped before riding a moped.... I'm sticking to 4 wheels

Dates:
Trip 1 - Tues 20th May - Wed 28th May
Trip 2 - Wed 1st July - Sat 4th July
Trip 3 - Thu 2nd Oct - Tue 7th Oct

Trip 1

Stayed: Ebano Apartments, Playa d'En Bossa

Clubs: Boom (Defected Opening), Sankeys (Opening Part 1 & 2), IMS @ Dalt Vila, Pacha (Insane Opening), Ushuaia Opening, Space Opening Fiesta

Best night: Insane Opening - Tensnake followed by MK followed by Digweed. Was a joy.

Worst Night: Defected at Boom. Really unorganised. Too hot inside - no aircon. A disappointment for my friends who were in Ibiza for the first time! Anticlimax.

Trip 2

Stayed: sofa-surfing at worker friends' accommodation, San Antonio

Clubs: Space (ENTER. Opening) & Amnesia (Music On)

Best night: both quality. Partied the whole 72 hrs we were on the island from start to finish. Amazing trip!

Worst night: not a bad event per se, but po-po shutting us down at a Project London party was only downer I can recall.

Trip 3

Stayed: Hard Rock Hotel, Playa d'En Bossa

Clubs: Space (ENTER. Closing & Space Closing Fiesta), Pacha (Insane Closing), Ushuaia Closing, Amnesia Closing, DC10 (Circoloco Closing)

Best night: Space Closing - Coxy B2B Nic closing the terraza maybe my best Ibiza memory to date!

Worst night: DC10 Closing - arrived too late, too skint & was far too busy to enjoy. Got to see Maceo Plex drop Conjure Balearia though which we missed at Amensia closing. (Amnesia Closing was also a disappointment, though we had a good time. Too many pick-pocket rats.

Best Pace to Eat: Tapas in San An was top drawer. Regular visitors to Ibiza Rocks diner which is both affordable and fair quality/portion size.

Money Spent: I don't wanna know!

Going Back? Of course! We fly out this Saturday staying at Central City in San An, and planning to hit IMS, Sankeys Opening parties and hopefully Pacha also.

Top Tip: Befriend workers because you never know where it might lead you.

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Hotel Bossa Park, Playa Den Bossa

Club nights visited:
Ants @ Ushuaia
Viva Warriors @ Sankeys
Circo Loco @ DC10
Carl Cox @ Space
Enter Opening @ Space

Best night: This is always a difficult question to answer, every night was brilliant. If i had to choose though i would say Ants, I’d never been to the big Ushuaia and wasn't expecting it to be as good (i know it would be very different if i went any other night) and Magda is just too cool. and the hello kittys for the first time really hit the spot

Worst night: none, I’ve only ever had 1 bad night in Ibiza the 6 times i've been.

Best bar: Bar opposite sankeys, jut because got chatting to the lads working there. they were really sound and meant i had someone to watch the footy with while the ex mrs was sleeping/getting ready

Best place to eat: Bambuddha, we ate at a few nice places but this was beautiful. we spent a lot but it was well worth it. great food, great atmosphere

Money spent: mmm can't not too sure but over £1k while i was there.

Biggest regret: no such things as regrets, only reasons to go back to Ibiza.

Going back?: yes tomorrow (hence the reason for doing this, I’m getting a little bit excited)

Top tip: just enjoy it, don't worry about i want to do this, see them etc. just go with the flow. and chat to people, random chats are some times the funniest.

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Hotel Bossa Park, Playa Den Bossa

Club nights visited:
Ants @ Ushuaia
Viva Warriors @ Sankeys
Circo Loco @ DC10
Carl Cox @ Space
Enter Opening @ Space

Best night: This is always a difficult question to answer, every night was brilliant. If i had to choose though i would say Ants, I’d never been to the big Ushuaia and wasn't expecting it to be as good (i know it would be very different if i went any other night) and Magda is just too cool. and the hello kittys for the first time really hit the spot

Worst night: none, I’ve only ever had 1 bad night in Ibiza the 6 times i've been.

Best bar: Bar opposite sankeys, jut because got chatting to the lads working there. they were really sound and meant i had someone to watch the footy with while the ex mrs was sleeping/getting ready

Best place to eat: Bambuddha, we ate at a few nice places but this was beautiful. we spent a lot but it was well worth it. great food, great atmosphere

Money spent: mmm can't not too sure but over £1k while i was there.

Biggest regret: no such things as regrets, only reasons to go back to Ibiza.

Going back?: yes tomorrow (hence the reason for doing this, I’m getting a little bit excited)

Top tip: just enjoy it, don't worry about i want to do this, see them etc. just go with the flow. and chat to people, random chats are some times the funniest.

Interested to know what your one bad night ever was?

yeah it was mate and pretty sure it was 2010. it was meant tp be the closing with reboot but they extended their season by 1 extra night so reboot didnt play. that didnt help the shittness either because i went to see him.

Dates you were there:5th - 12th September

Where you stayed (resort/hotel):Playa Y Mar Figuretas

Club nights visited:Elrow@Space, Circoloco@DC10, Tribal Sessions@Sankeys, Enter@Space

Best night: Circoloco, Sasha!

Worst night: Probably the Tuesday night as we were all too tired to do anything! Also, maybe Friday, we missed Music On :(

Best bar: Oranage Bar on the corner in Figuretas

Best place to eat: Tapas bar on corner in Figs

Money spent: !200

Biggest regret: Missing Music On

Going back?: Yes!

Top tip: Stay in figueretas, its lovely and you can actually sleep!

Back