Tell us how it was - Ibiza 2009

Dates you were there: 25/9/09 - 7/10/09

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Mare Nostram

Club nights visited: Way too many but if you're insisting on knowing so here we go:
Wonderland closing @ Eden, Zoo Project closing @ Gala Night, Matinee @ Amnesia, We Love & Space closing, Cocoon @ Amnesia, Cadenza @ Ushuaia, Monza Closing @ Privilege, Supermartxe Closing @ Privilege, Matinee & Amnesia closing, Ushuaia closing, Delano, Sans, Bora Bora closing, Circoloco @ DC10

Best night: Hard to say and can never pick just one anyway.

Worst night: None

Best bar: Bora Bora or Delano

Best place to eat: Ate only at my hotel since i had full board

Money spent: 2,500 Euros

Biggest regret: Not postponing my flight prior to my arrival and then as a result missing it on purpose cause i'm loco and had to make it to Circoloco @ DC10 (my original flight back was a few hours before the DC10 session started).

Going back?: Is the sky blue? ;)

Top tip: CHANGE THE STORY ONE MORE TIME !!!

Dates you were there: 03rd - 10th October

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): San Antonio / Poniente Playa

Club nights visited: Amnesia Closing Party, Circoloco @ DC10, & DC10 After Party @ Sands.

Best night: Amnesia closing party by a mile!!

Worst night: Didnt enjoy DC10 much this year - just couldnt get into it.

Best bar: Cafe Mambo

Best place to eat: Love KM5 - Fillet steak is to die for!

Money spent: ?!?!!?

Biggest regret: Not going to Ushuaia on the Sunday after Amnesia!

Going back?: Yes, but that is 10 years in a row now so may give it a miss next year - hopefully return when the exchange rate is more favourable!

Top tip : Hire a car - see the beauty of the island! Finally made it to Atlantis this year which was worth the trek!

Last edited by a moderator:
Dates you were there: 9/21-9/30

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Bali Beach Apartments in PDB

Club nights visited: Cream, WLS, Cocoon

Best night: Cream Closing

Worst night: None, Although Sasha's set at the Cream closing was so good that the WLS and Cocoon closings left me feeling a bit disappointed.

Best bar: Didn´t really visit any.

Best place to eat: Tentazione in Dalt Villa & Ancient People in Ibiza Town

Money spent: ~2000

Biggest regret: None

Going back?: Yes, next year

Top tip: Spontaneity is King

Dates you were there: 23rd Aug - 30th Aug

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Jet Apartments, Playa D'en Bossa. I've stopped at the Jet apartments for the last two years and to be honest i'm put off staying there again as the room we had this year was awful. Every other year the rooms have been suffcient but this year we were right at the back of bora bora and the room was disgusting.

Club nights visited: WLS, Swedish House Mafia - Dark Forest, Carl Cox - Revolution, Be, FMIF.

Best night: Toss up between the Swedish House Mafia and Carl Cox. Funkagenda and Angello & Ingrosso were amazing. At Carl Cox Revolution Kissy Sell Out, Dave Spoon and Mark Knight destroyed it in the Toolroom Takeover room!

Worst night: FMIF, too busy so only stayed for Laidback Luke's set! Really glad we didn't have too pay to get in.

Best bar: Bora Bora, Oliver Lang and Alex Miles were awesome as ever!

Best place to eat: There's a lovely fish restaurant in the old part of Ibiza Town but I can't remeber what it's called.

Money spent: £800

Biggest regret: Getting to WLS in the evening rather than going early. Paul Woolford was good and so was Lawler. But our friends were there early on and said Jason Bye and Jonathan Ulysess were really good on the sunset terrace.

Going back?: Yes, Deffo!

Top tip: Have a VIP table at Mambos when someone good is playing. We paid 350euro between five of us (70euro each) and had an excellant meal and loads of drinks and got to meet Angello and Ingrosso. You basically have too spend the 350euros on food and drink which we probably would have anyway.

Also try and contact the DJs/Promoters a week before you go out and get guestlist.

Back