Tell us how it was - Ibiza 2009

Dates you were there: 1st - 12th August

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Bergantin (San An Bay)

Club nights visited: Radio 1 party @ Privelege, Judgement Sundays Radio 1 Special, Tiesto, Armada, Cream & Cocoon

Best night: Close one between Judgement & Armada

Worst night: Hard to say, although id have to go with Cocoon, only due to the fact that it was ridiculously overcrowded and there was a mass brawl outside

Best bar: Itaca

Best place to eat: Vinny's steak-house at the other end of the bay

Money spent: £1000

Biggest regret: Not going with an extra £500 or so!

Going back?: At some point yes, this was our third year in a row so might give it a miss next year, but i'll never be able to stay away from the island for that long!

Top tip: All inclusive, even though it costs that bit more it more than pays for itself, and when your running out of money towards the end of the holiday you can still get plastered before heading out! :)

Dates you were there: 05/08 - 16/08

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): San An - Hotel Pacific

Club nights visited: Monza @ Privilege, Zoo Project @ Gala Night, Cocoon @ Amnesia, Carl Cox @ Space, Meganite @ Privilege, Space 20th Birthday

Best night: Space 20th Birthday

Worst night: Monza (purely because of a lack of bodies)

Best bar: Bar M and Itaca

Best place to eat: Rey De Copas

Money spent: 1400 Euros

Biggest regret: None

Going back?: Yes

Top tip: Shop around for tickets - don't just buy off the first PR you bump into.

Dates you were there: 27.7-10.8

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Club Don Toni

Club nights visited: Pirates Party @ El Divino (Don't ask!), BBC Radio1 Cream@ Privilege, Cream@ Amnesia, We Love@ Space

Best night: We Love @ Space (Grace Jones woo-hoo!)

Worst night: Pirates @ El Divino - it was just like our local disco. However, their drinks plan is great.

Best bar: Bora Bora first closely followed by Ushuaia & Mambo

Best place to eat: Blue Marlin ($$$$$), El Soleado ($$)

Money spent: EUR 2,700 per person including everything

Biggest regret:I cannot think of any really, but maybe would have liked to see Formentera since it was our second time on the island. Something for next year!

Going back?: Absolutely, going back next summer

Top tip: All inclusive as someone mentioned before, even if it's for the drinks plan. Saves you LOTS of money! Also, make some effort to see other parts of the island as well as it's so gorgeous!

Dates you were there: 25th july -> 6 august

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): At friends!

Club nights visited: Cocoon,meganite cocoloco room,blue marlin sunday,ushuaia sunday,space sunday

Best night: Ushuaia sunday

Worst night: Oh come one,we are in ibiza,there is always somethin to enjoy ;-)

Best bar: Cap d'es falco ;-)

Best place to eat: Can fincas salinas ? i dont know if the name s right but the paella s great [ can salinas - http://www.reydelafideua.com ]

Money spent: ...

Biggest regret : ...

Going back?: in 10 days !!!

Top tip: Love the island,and the island ll love you!

Last edited by a moderator:
2 - 9th August 2009

Orosol Hotel - San Antonio, very nice

Channel Zoo,Subliminal, Cream, Pure Pacha, Hed Kandi

Worst was Cream, Music too profressive for my liking.

Best Bar - Bora Bora although Plastik in San Antonio was cool too.

Best Eat - Tex Mex in San Antonio

Spent - 2000 euros and still ran out on last day

Regret - not trying ushaia

Won`t be going back in a hurry. Just money reasons really, i still love the place.

Tip - Don`t trust the wristbands, We had one for Wednesdays Zoo Project, when we got there was told the wristband is for Saturdays only. When we was given the wristband we was also given a flyer at the same time for the Wednesday.(could of been the PR`s fault i suppose).

Dates you were there: 26/7-4/8

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): 2 nights at Bon Sol, PDB and 7 nights at Coral Playa, Es Canar

Club nights visited: WLSx2, Channel Zoo, Underground and Cocoon

Best night: Hard to pick one, but the first WLS was something really special :)

Worst night: None but if we have to pick one, Cocoon due to the overcrowdness

Best bar: Didn´t really visit any.

Best place to eat: Don´t remember the name but a restaurant with a nice lounge area in Es Canar at the beach close to the camping.

Money spent: 2000 Eur in spending money, 2 people

Biggest regret: Our 2 minutes in West End, San An

Going back?: Yes, next year

Top tip: Getting engaged in Red box at WLS is something really special :)

Dates you were there: 13-27 June 2009

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Fiesta Playa Den Bossa & Club Fiesta Playa Den Bossa

Club nights visited: Amnesia Opening, We Love Space Opening, Cocoon Opening @Amnesia, Flamingo Nights Opening @Pacha, Cream Opening @Amnesia, Supermartxe Opening @Privilege, Matinee Opening @Amnesia, Pacha Classic, Tiesto @Privilege, Atomik @Boho, F*** Me I'm Famous @Pacha

Best night: Cream, We love Space, Cocoon

Worst night: Tiesto @Privilege

Best bar: Cafe Mambo

Best place to eat: Blue Marlin

Money spent: EUR 3000, End up with only EUR 7 on the last day hahaha

Biggest regret: Missed Formentara Island...3 times!

Going back?: Hell Yeah... in 21 Days for the closing (this time will be on shoestring budget)

Top tip: Get tipsy b4 reach the clubs, it'll save u soo much cash!

Dates you were there: 20-28th August

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): San Antonio, Pisces Park Hotel. Room was ok but VERY HOT. Location was excellent, no problems with theft etc.... Did return home one evening to find a used condom on our balcony. Would definitely stay somewhere classier next time. Very loud 24/7 too as was pretty much above BoHo and we were on the first floor.

Club nights visited: Cream @ Amnesia, Wonderland @ Eden, We Love @ Space, Zoo Project @ Gala Night

Best night: Very hard to say, Zane Lowe @ Wonderland was immense (Heres a vid i took at the pre-party - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECnZedFRgHE ) We Love @ Space was excellent, but i think the best night for me was the Zoo Project as it was a totally new experience.

Worst night: The night we flew home.

Best bar: Lots of nice bars visited, Kanya was a favourite as was Bora Bora http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8YJa-lzy48 .

Best place to eat: Best food we had all week was the all day breakfast at Sun, Sea, Bar. Or the homemade burgers at Kanya.

Money spent: I spent exactly 995 Euros on top of flights and accommodation.

Biggest regret: I would have liked to visit Formentera but just ran out of time.

Going back?: Oh Yes!

Top tip: Dont underestimate the sun. I went for a 30 minute dip in the late afternoon and got horrendous sunburn accross my shoulders that blistered. Buy some Mosquito repellent!

Dates you were there: 26th august -> 6th september PART 2!

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): At friends

Club nights visited: Cocoon,la troya,ushuaia sunday and ushuaia luciano,and full moon blue marlin & cala conta

Best night: Luciano ushuaia & full moon cala conta

Worst night: ...

Best bar: Sunset ashram

Best place to eat: Las 2 lunas and coco beach

Money spent: ...

Biggest regret: ...

Going back?: Thinking about moving permanently to the island in the next 8 months ...

Top tip: Stay as long as you can ... and love the island

Dates you were there: September 22nd-29th

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): a villa close to Cala Moli

Club nights visited: We Love Space, La Troya, Cocoon Classics

Best night: La Troya because you can't find such an atmosphere anywhere else than in Ibiza, but Cocoon Classics was awesome too (Underworld playing live 'Two Months Off' and 'Born Slippy' = unforgettable goosebumps moments!)

Worst night: We Love Space was not bad but compared to the other years was rather quiet

Best bar: Cap d'Es Falco for the sunset, Dôme for people watching

Best place to eat: I had a surprisingly great meal at Blue Marlin

Money spent: I don't know. Probably around 2000 €

Biggest regret: not staying more than a week

Going back?: Definitely

Top tip: always the same: rent a villa and a car, visit the island, stay away from San An, watch the sunset at Punta Galera and if you have time go to Formentera

Dates you were there: 03.09.2009 - 12.09.2009

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Hotel Cenit in Figueretes... soooo GAY

Club nights visited: SupermartXé @ Privilege, Matinée @ Amnesia, Cocoon @ Amnesia and La Troya @ Amnesia

Best night: La Troya @ Amnesia for the atmosphere but Cocoon @ Amnesia for the music

Worst night: none, although too many posers at Matinée

Best bar: Angelo's

Best place to eat: Mama Pomelo

Money spent: ain't gonna tell ya

Biggest regret: no trip to Formentera this time

Going back?: sure, Amnesia Closing

Top tip: get high

Dates you were there: Aug 5th-15th

Where you stayed: San Remo hotel, San An Bay- all inclusive, beach front, excellent value.

Club nights visited: Cream, Judgement Sundays, Swedish House Mafia, Armada, Garlands, Space 20th Anniversary, Atomik

Best night: Space 20th Anniversary & SHM! Deamau5 wuz da bomb & Axwell rocked it! Brillant night! Best night of the trip!

Worst night: Garlands & Atomik @ Boho- dead on both nights!

Best bar: Plastik Bar in San An! My fave place!

Best place to eat: Jackie Browns & Muy Thai in San An

Money spent: Too much!

Biggest regret: not making it to Zoo Project (went sailing instead), Cocoon (sold-out!) and Matinee

Going Back?: Of course! It costs a fortune to go every year (I've been 10 times!), but well worth it! There's no place like it!

Dates you were there: 6-30th oh august

Where you stayed (resort/hotel):my appartment in portinatx

Club nights visited: no big club

Best night: danny rampling@aura,not for the sound but for the crowd

Worst night: no one

Best bar: carlo's bar in portinatx,the real wild ibiza:twisted:

Best place to eat:casa luna in st vincent

Money spent: 3000

Biggest regret: eating at cicale

Going back?: for christmas

Top tip: private villa party with a dj of pacha terrace in a fantastic house in portinatx

Dates you were there: September 1st - 12th

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Villa @ Calla Salada

Club nights visited: Carl Cox night @ Space for Sasha & Digweed, Cream @ Amnesia for PVD and Giuseppe Ottaviani, Judgement Sunday @ Eden for Eddie Halliwell, Armada @ Amnesia for Armin & Blake Jarrell, Cream @ Amnesia for Sander Van Doorn & Sid Van Riel (Ferry Corsten was a no show)

Best night: Armada @ Amnesia

Worst night: 1st Cream @ Amnesia, PVD was a let down, Giuseppe saved the day though

Best bar: Golden Buddah

Best place to eat: Curry Club

Money spent: €1,100 (excluding flights and acom)

Biggest regret: Not getting to Privilige

Going back?: Will be there in December for my first Winter visit

Top tip: Rent a car, go to Atlantis, watch the sunset fron the watch tower, drive to the phone masts at the highest point on the island

Dates you were there: 19-24th Sept

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Casa Maria Apartments, Sant Antoni

Club nights visited: Underground, We Love, Cocoon and Subliminal

Best night: We Love

Worst night: None, all were excellent

Best bar: Plastik

Best place to eat: Curry Club, Davids and Passion in PDB

Money spent: £450

Biggest regret: Only going for 5 nights this time and missing monza

Going back?: Without a doubt

Top tip: Use the bus service as they are a fantastic way to get around the island and also very cheap.

Dates you were there: 5th-16th September

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Ibiza Rocks Hotel

Club nights visited: Zoo Project, Judgement Sundays @ Eden, Tiesto @ Privilege, Garlands Boat Party, Cream @ Amnesia, WLS @ Space, Swedish House Mafia @ Pacha

Best night: Judgement Sundays @ Eden / Bora Bora - WLS @ Space

Worst night: None.

Best bar: Kanya

Best place to eat: Although the food isn't great, I enjoy eating at Mambo's because of the vibe and atmosphere. Or some Pizza place near Ibiza Rocks hotel! The staff were really friendly in there!

Money spent: £1,500

Biggest regret: The weather on the last 2 days :( and Ferry Corsten not turning up @ Amnesia

Going back? Hopefully. Been 3 times, and loved each time more and more.

Top tip: Just say no.

***Full Review coming soon!***

Dates you were there: 11th - 18th September

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Hostal Anibal

Club nights visited: Hed Kandi @ Space, Tiesto @ Privilidge, Subliminal @ Pacha and Cream @ Amnesia

Best night: Subliminal @ Pacha for Atmosphere, Cream for people I was with, HK for tunes

Worst night: HK only because i blacked out :(

Best bar: I can't help but love Mambos

Best place to eat: Steak @ Mambo's! OMG or Bambuddah Grove

Money spent: £700!

Biggest regret: Blacking out @ HK and spending 2 days recovering

Going back?: Next year for my 30th, check the facebook group 'IBIZA 2010'

Top tip: Stay somewhere dirt cheap, your hardly there anyway

Dates you were there: 29th May - 11th September

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Venus Apartementos, San Antonio

Club nights visited: Too many to remember, every club several times

Best night: Umek @ Carl Cox 14th July, Cocoon August 10th, Zoo Project for Cadenza Records July 31st, Ushuaia for Sven Vath appearance mid August, Space Opening party........

Worst night: ... Clubland @ Es Paradis, anything at Boho (sintillate, s****ys, sadly Superfreak too)

Best bar: Golden Buddha, Ushuaia, Itaca

Best place to eat: Davis, Sa Capella

Money spent: ... No idea, about 250e a week on average

Biggest regret: ... Not making it to Formentera, several failed attempts!

Going back?: Maybe in a few years, 9 times is a lot! 10th will have to be special

Top tip: Experience working there at least once, best thing you'll ever do! Its not all parties and its a hell of a change from the holiday experience, but so much more rewarding! You meet great people, party in places tourist dont know about and best of all if you know the right people you dont pay!

Dates you were there: 20th - 27th September 09

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): La Sirena Club Hotel

Club nights visited: Tiesto @ Privilege Closing Party, Carl Cox @ Space Closing Party & Cream @ Amnesia Clsing Party.

Best night: All three were amazing but if I had to choose it would be Cream @ Amnesia (The night was topped when Eddie dropped Mystery Land) :eek:

Worst night: Diddnt have a bad night

Best bar: Mambos. But Tulip bar for complete chilled vibe.

Best place to eat: Tjuanna Mexican

Money spent: £500 on the island. Getting there - £250 each for our flights and 3* All inclusive hotel.

Biggest regret: Only booking a week instead of 2

Going back?: Yes defo, next year not sure when though

Top tip: Go all inclusive, all your food and drink are all paid for so you can drink till the clubs open then go out and spend your money for the stupid bar prices in the clubs. Also pre pay for all your club tickets that saves money too.

Dates you were there: 16th - 25th September

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Garbi Hotel for all but one day, changed plans from staying at Hawaii and ended up renting one day at apartments across from Garbi for our last night. Garbi was very nice.

Club nights visited: Subliminal @ Pacha, Cream @Amnesia, Hed Kandi @ Space, Judgement Sunday Closing @ Eden, Tiesto Closing@ Privilidge, Carl Cox Closing @ Space and Cream Closing @ Amnesia

Best night: Carl Cox closing for the music and his funky dirty house energy, Tiesto closing for the light show and performances, Cream for the trance and high energy crowd

Worst night: Hed Kandi mainly because I couldn't get into the music that much but the crowd was nice, attractive and fun. Subliminal for some reason was way too loud at times (loved Dirty South though).

Best bar: Cafe Mambo was okay and Bora Bora was okay but overall I liked some of the small bars near Garbi because of the 2 for 1 drink specials among other things

Best place to eat: didn't eat outside the hotel much, our Aussie friend had a good steak at the grill near Jet Apts., I had okay paella at the place across from Garbi Hotel. The doner/gyro sandwiches were always good late night.

Money spent: way too many dollars, especially for drinks (ie. water) in the clubs.

Biggest regret: getting so tired at the clubs that we didn't properly enjoy the beaches (though it did rain often during the day during our stay) and not getting over to Sue's Pink Panther for Jase's birthday (way too many soccer/futbol folks the day we were intending to come in).

Going back?: Probably not, probably my last time, family/kids, age, crappy exchange rate, etc...(but you never know) -- my friend I brought along this time had good fun and had a bonus of meeting other spotlighters so he's planning on coming back.

Top tip: You don't need to go to every club night even if it's tempting, especially if you want any chance to enjoy the days. Also no matter what you think you're buying you really don't know until after you or a friend uses it. Speak some Spanish, say thank you often, it's always polite and helpful.

Back