take that

Buckley said:
Quite possibly. So those whose speculate to accumulate have earned (or lost :lol: ) by taling risk with their capital.

Mr B your spelling has been attrocious this wk, extra spelling lessons for you methinks :lol: ;)

x-amount said:
Morbyd said:
x-amount said:
What do you think of cartels (non-drug ones)?

Import tariffs?

Slave labour?

(All genine questions)
I think I'll take a pass on this quiz, Dan. I'm sure you will use my answers alongside some of your own examples of analogous situations in a vein attempt to try to prove that you're right on this particular issue.

Your examples will be no more valid than Buckley's, in anyone's mind but your own. I think I'd prefer to let his analogies stand because, despite your dismissal of them, I believe the most valid argument available on this issue has already been made.

They are capitalism at it's purist no? Your beloved capitalism?

Would I not be right in thinking you probably don't want to answer because you know I'm right on this one?

At least admit how someone could construe your post as a bit of a "lalala I don't want to hear the truth *sticks head in sand*"

I know this is only a clubbing message board, and we're all keRaZeY ravers who are the most chilled, laid back, people on the planet, but if we're gonna debate, we're gonna debate. There's not a lot else to talk about FFS, I've even entered he teasmaid thread.

teas maid......bloody overpriced kettles they are :evil:

Barbie said:
Buckley said:
Quite possibly. So those whose speculate to accumulate have earned (or lost :lol: ) by taling risk with their capital.

Mr B your spelling has been attrocious this wk, extra spelling lessons for you methinks :lol: ;)

It's age catching up! :lol:

x-amount said:
At least admit how someone could construe your post as a bit of a "lalala I don't want to hear the truth *sticks head in sand*"
No, not sticking my head in the sand... but not providing you with ammo either.

x-amount said:
Would I not be right in thinking you probably don't want to answer because you know I'm right on this one?
Yes, you would not be right in thinking that. ;)

You can still buy them from the ticket places cant you?

I got a couple of tickets for some mates as a suprise - who ended up getting some themselves!

Ill probably end up sticking them on ebay. Fingers crossed Ill make my money back!

nish said:
You can still buy them from the ticket places cant you?

I got a couple of tickets for some mates as a suprise - who ended up getting some themselves!

Ill probably end up sticking them on ebay. Fingers crossed Ill make my money back!

Some dates are sold out Nish but they've released more so they're still onsale thru ticketmaster etc, you'll end up getting your money back plus a bit more whether you'll make £100s of pounds of them might be a tad hopeful ;)

who bought the tickets in the end?

and did they enjoy the gig?

:lol::lol::lol:

who bought the tickets in the end?

and did they enjoy the gig?

no one off here did, someone who i worked with bought approx. 25-30 tickets off me over the course of a year before they realised they could just buy them themselves direct off ticketmaster, without the % mark up for me.

he was a twit with an A and called barry, so i don't feel guilty at all for the fact he paid for all the xmas pressies i bought

Can't see what all the fuss about to be honest.

I regulary buy and sell tickets for various events to earn a bit of extra dough if need be. I have also paid silly money to see concerts that have sold out. Who is to say that I can't go because it is sold out? I have the money so I will pay it, simple enough.

I sell tickets but not at silly prices. Saying that I got £400 for 4 Lee Evans tickets last year! Then I did pay £200 for Take That tickets not of Grego i add so swings and roundabouts!!

Touts provide a service and if you want a ticket get up early ring up or log in etc etc and get there first! Or join every mailing list for every band and get the fan pre-sale link thus getting you in there first!

However when something sells out don't get sucked into bidding wars on ebay straight away. Let all the fuss die down and then you'll pick the tickets up cheaper. I got 4 Kings Of Leon tickets for £100 the other week of ebay and put 2 back on and sold them for £80 a couple of weeks later!

Ticket agencies are just legalised touts anyhow!

Gregosauras - are you punting on the comeback gigs? Sure thing on recent form surely?

It'd be poetic really - ageing tout returns to the biz to see if his old customer base still want his product........

Gregosauras - are you punting on the comeback gigs? Sure thing on recent form surely?

It'd be poetic really - ageing tout returns to the biz to see if his old customer base still want his product........

which comeback gigs? don't tell me, paul and ringo are going on tour with holograms?

tbh, not being in the UK, it is logistically a little tricky to organise it all, aside from the moral aspect of it all of course.

Back