Swine Flu

missflorida

Great - just when things were looking a little brighter this has to come up!

I'm supposed to be going to Mexico for a week in May and am now just waiting for the word that the whole trip is cancelled.

Then, already bought tix for Ibiza in July - didn't buy the traveler's insurance. I wonder if I can call and add that on just in case? You can't help but wonder how far and wide this is going to spread, and how it might impact this summer's travel.

Not only that, but I work in the online travel industry and already we've been hurt real bad with the economy and I've survived a massive round of layoffs already.

Thoughts??

It's been a crappy Monday. :(

You can buy insurance from anybody online,do you always have to declare your destination?

Yes it is a downer for the tourist visiting,but worth remembering what it is like for a person living there who probably has no way to just leave !

Anyway I wish you luck with it..:)

Oh great ! Dont bring the swiney flu to Ibiza please... well after Ive been is not so bad but no before !!!! ;)

tom

So, does this mean people won't be getting pork on their forks?

****ing hell man, why are animals so diseased? Bird Flu, Mad Cow Diseases, Swine Flu, next I'm expecting, Aquatic HIV or something

Russia has just started screening all flights from Mexico and the US and quarantining people over a certain body temperature :confused: Good thing I have no plans to go home before September!

And Mexico had an earthquake yesterday too... adding insult to injury!

Am I the only weirdo who still wants to go? I am more upset about my flight being cancelled then going somewhere where there is swine flu....maybe I am going mad in my old age......:lol::oops::lol:

what was it i heard, two people in the UK with a mild case, spent a day in a hospital bed............then went home.:lol::lol::lol:

btw - the bankers plan these pandemic fears, so that everyone goes out and buys some beechams or whatever.

anyway, i'm halfway to the hills with phil, lagunabeach is covering us. come on run to the hills!!!
single35a_rtth2002_1_a_small.jpg

I do sympathise with people who's holidays might be affected.

But did anyone read in the Metro this morning, they were interviewing some top scientist guy and he was saying that it seems like it's more important if 100 people die in London or New York, than 3 million who are dying every year from epidemics in Africa.

I do sympathise with people who's holidays might be affected.

But did anyone read in the Metro this morning, they were interviewing some top scientist guy and he was saying that it seems like it's more important if 100 people die in London or New York, than 3 million who are dying every year from epidemics in Africa.

the equivalent of a 7/7 bombing in london happens every other day in Iraq.

Back