sweaties invade manchester

it all looks good natured, why cant celitc behave that way when they go anywhere?

hahahaha aye rite mate ....good start to the thread :spank:
dont think Manchester has ever had any trouble when Celtic have come down for the testimonials .... i was there ;)

dont think Manchester has ever had any trouble when Celtic have come down for the testimonials .... i was there ;)

obviously the concept of Irony hasn't crept that far north yet then?? :rolleyes:

So......

are Celtic fans actually from a different socio economic class / DNA make up than Rangers fans?

I can not see how anyone could waste time with trying to suggest, that given it is just people from the same city - that what colour shirt they wear will affect how they behave?

So......

are Celtic fans actually from a different socio economic class / DNA make up than Rangers fans?

I can not see how anyone could waste time with trying to suggest, that given it is just people from the same city - that what colour shirt they wear will affect how they behave?

they are scum... were not :lol:

i suppose we didnt leave 10k in piccadily square with a failed screen right enough as we all went to the game .....and being the UEFA cup final wi drunken hungry bears..... i can maybe see why it all kicked off ......

im just happy with the result so away and geez piece!! ;)

aye........reet enough wee man!!

brand new!!!!

image.php

aye........reet enough wee man!!

brand new!!!!

image.php

if us "Jocks" managed to qualify for the euro's or the world cup we would be greeted like Gods with our Tartan Army being the best in the world ....

in your case they are still trying to get yer passports "aff" u ..... :lol:

but not this summer ;)

because you are the joke entry, the eddie edwards of world/european football. Everyone loves the underdog!!

"oh look here they are the crazy tartan army, bless em, they'll be home before their postcards but they don't care"

we (or the media) always overcook our chances and go there believing we can win and get bloody angry when we dont!!!

The amount of point scoring by non Rangers fans on every forum I've been on this morning is ridiculous. Scotland's shame this, Scotland's shame that. "Wow I've found a new bit of news footage showing Rangers fans rioting that must score me another point" Sad really.

because you are the joke entry, the eddie edwards of world/european football. Everyone loves the underdog!!

"oh look here they are the crazy tartan army, bless em, they'll be home before their postcards but they don't care"

we (or the media) always overcook our chances and go there believing we can win and get bloody angry when we dont!!!

we just luv the partying ...u lot should try it!!! instead of being the most hated on the planet 8)

maybe we might start getting angry as well if we manage to jump a few places .... :lol:

http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/ranking/lastranking/gender=m/fullranking.html

Croatia and Russia, who both mugged us in the qualifiers are below us in the rankings!!

make me sick!!!:evil:

The amount of point scoring by non Rangers fans on every forum I've been on this morning is ridiculous. Scotland's shame this, Scotland's shame that. "Wow I've found a new bit of news footage showing Rangers fans rioting that must score me another point" Sad really.

inevitable tho

for the record, im not trying to score points as much as i hate your lot

i think the manc authorities have a lot to answer for - 20,000 pished weedgies and a broken telly - thats never going to end well.

might only be started by a small number, but once the polis wade into that its always gonna escalate.

So......

It's like a different species mate, never mind the fans, look at the players. When was the last time a Rangers player even SMILED after scoring a goal? Everytime one of them score (Boyd and Ratcho Novo especially) its pure aggression in their faces. The whole club has a superiority complex, whereby their attitude is "we're better than you and we'll rub it in your face if we win, we'll attack you if we don't". I'm all for the banter between fans, and the bragging rights that go with winning, but some of these idiots just can't grasp the concept of losing fairly and graciously, and getting on with supporting their team.

But essentially we are from different social backgrounds. Celtic, when formed, were viewed as 'invaders', Irish/Catholic intruders taking away Protestant Scottish jobs, in much the same way as Asians and Poles are viewed now. Obviously this isn't recognised as the problem presently, but it is ingrained into society in Glasgow, and no matter how many anti-bigotry campaigns are run, it's not gonna change much in the forseeable future.

Anyways, GIRU the huns, 'mon the murderwell on Saturday :)
(does this count as banter?)

It's like a different species mate, never mind the fans, look at the players. When was the last time a Rangers player even SMILED after scoring a goal? Everytime one of them score its pure aggression in their faces. The whole club has a superiority complex, whereby their attitude is "we're better than you and we'll rub it in your face if we win, we'll attack you if we don't". I'm all for the banter between fans, and the bragging rights that go with winning, but some of these idiots just can't grasp the concept of losing fairly and graciously, and getting on with supporting their team.

fook me sounds like a bunch of fans I know & loathe!! ;):lol:

It's like a different species mate, never mind the fans, look at the players. When was the last time a Rangers player even SMILED after scoring a goal? Everytime one of them score (Boyd and Ratcho Novo especially) its pure aggression in their faces. The whole club has a superiority complex, whereby their attitude is "we're better than you and we'll rub it in your face if we win, we'll attack you if we don't". I'm all for the banter between fans, and the bragging rights that go with winning, but some of these idiots just can't grasp the concept of losing fairly and graciously, and getting on with supporting their team.

But essentially we are from different social backgrounds. Celtic, when formed, were viewed as 'invaders', Irish/Catholic intruders taking away Protestant Scottish jobs, in much the same way as Asians and Poles are viewed now. Obviously this isn't recognised as the problem presently, but it is ingrained into society in Glasgow, and no matter how many anti-bigotry campaigns are run, it's not gonna change much in the forseeable future.

Anyways, GIRU the huns, 'mon the murderwell on Saturday :)
(does this count as banter?)

:lol::lol::lol:

Good attempt.

Don't give up the day job though :D

i spent an hour in Piccadily Gardens
all good natured
some cops talking to guys nearby commented on the lack of toilet facilities there and when i took a small wander about there seemed to be no bins of note

the small percentage that insigated the mayhem should be ashamed of themselves
we've gone all across Europe this season and in previous ones without arrests or incidents

these "people" are not true Rangers fans - clearly hangers-on looking to get pished and when the screens went down saw an opportunity

got to add that Manchester's organisation was a disgrace
added to the bins/toilets i noted above

1. lack of signage etc to show where things were

2. trains finishing round about the time of the fans coming back from the stadium (i had to wait in freezing Picadilly station from 11:30 to 4:50am) - even the cops in the station were bemused

the station resembled an airport lounge with a couple of delayed planes

3. hundreds in taxi queues at Picadilly with no taxis appearing

4. shuttle buses to the stadium - none after

these all apply to both Rangers and Zenit fans as well - and no annoucements in the station in Russian

the general consensus was that Manchester took the money and once they had it basically said "F*** you"

Manchester were warned that 100,000 there could be a conservative estimate
clearly they did not take heed

Back