Sunday's at Space ..... What a pile of rubbish!

H

happyman

It should be We Hate... in stead of We love....

Today's my first day back after my second pilgermage to the white isle this year. Got back last night!

When I went to Ibiza at the beggining of July i went to Space on Sunday and didn't enjoy it but I put it down to it being early on in the season and as I'd always been to it in September I though I couldn't go wrong then.

I was very wrong.... In my opinion the music has toatally changed on the terrace. They used to play very vocal funky house but on Sunday I don't know what it was. It sounded a little tribally and withy no vocals.

Gone are the days when two years ago the DJ dropped Billy Jean in the middle of his set.

I even thought that DJ Ulyses would change it up a little when he came on at 4pm but no he carried on with this weird 'harder than the terrace should have' tunes.

I reakon the Space DJ's should hop on over to Bora Bora and take a leason from DJ Gee's book as at 7pm when we wnet over the place was rocking as ever and playing wicked tunes that people wan t to hear during the day and on terraces. Such as that tune 'Let the sunshine'.

Space on Sunday used to be my favorite Clubnight/day that has been replaced by Hed Kandi at El Divino. I went there on Sat and the place went crazy to all the soulful house tunes so many people that go to Ibiza know an love... did anyone else go??

Sort it out Space !!!! as I was willing to pay the high prices for everything
knowing that I'd get it all back in the form of tunes and atmosphere.

I got neither on Sunday.

Bora Bora I love you!! and next year I'll be spending my 200 Euros with you on a Sunday...

Totally agree. Was in Space on the 7th and didnt enjoy it. I dont know what has happened either. Bora Bora was still fantastic as ever.

Roger Sanchez
Tieto
Paul Van Dyk
Pete Tong
Seb Fontaine

All fantastic this year. My best night was Cream on the 11th.

I'm excited for you mate.

Get there early though. Very Early!!

We had Guestlist and we still had to wait a bit. Also try and get down to Hed Kandi pool party at Es Vive during the day on Saturday. Wicked too!

i thought space was alot better this year, what with lawler and garnier playing the harder more underground stuff. I still heard loads of happy stuff tho.

It shows people have different options, and you shouldnt slag space cos alot of people like it how it is, infact I loved it.

:D we love sundays at space :D

lynch said:
i thought space was alot better this year, what with lawler and garnier playing the harder more underground stuff. I still heard loads of happy stuff tho.

It shows people have different options, and you shouldnt slag space cos alot of people like it how it is, infact I loved it.

:D we love sundays at space :D

I'm sure a lot of people do like it how it is now lynch however that's not how the terrace was (or the way I've experienced it in previous years anyway).

The whole point of this board is to say how you feel about your experiences and thats what I did - if you want to call slagging off then you do that. But it wasn't. Besides I wasn't talking about Space as a club I was specifically talking about how Sundays's at Space has changed.

IMO Lynch the terrace was always meant to be somewhwere for the more vocal funcky stuff - leaving the harder underground tunes for the inside bit of space or at any of the other hundreds of nights in Ibiza catering for that type of music. The terrace was always all about party tunes and feel good music to dance to to in the sunshine! IMO lynch

Next year I'll try In bed with Space on the Weds as they might start playing Drum and Bass on Sunday.

happyman said:

We had Guestlist and we still had to wait a bit. Also try and get down to Hed Kandi pool party at Es Vive during the day on Saturday. Wicked too!
When you say early, you mean like 1am right :confused:
Cant do day time as I dont arrive until 7pm ish ;)

swiss taff said:
happyman said:

Get there for when it opens whatever that is. We got there at 1.15 and there was a massive line and when we got in there were already loads of people. If it opens at 12 be there at 12 mate to avoid dissapointment - particulraly as its the closing party.

happyman said:
swiss taff said:
happyman said:

Get there for when it opens whatever that is. We got there at 1.15 and there was a massive line and when we got in there were already loads of people. If it opens at 12 be there at 12 mate to avoid dissapointment - particulraly as its the closing party.
Cheers for that advice, was a bit dubious about this night as at the begining of the season it was said that the ben sherman brigade ruled there, hope this is not the case at the end of the season ;)

I have to agree to a certain extent.

Our visit in August was very dissapointing but maybe i can put it down to the individual night.

I have bored people to tears over the years with how much i love Space, but i was left eating my words this year. My friend said 'so Space is still your favourite club?' to which i replied 'not any more'

I shouldn't really go on cos certain people on this board get extremely sensitive about this subject :rolleyes:

I always thought Space had that special 'something' but this year dissapointed big time - crap music, crap crowd - but as i said maybe it was just that particular night.

I dunno, just thing Space has become a tad too commercial in the last couple of years :)

Still going to Space closing which should be awesome with Erick etc at the helm :p

I think you just have to choose what week you go, cos the second time we went sundays at space it was all the cheesey stuff I think your like, all HK stuff.

To be honest I like vocal stuff to start a night, but it has to progress, and when Lawler plays the terrace thats what happens..

anyway, each to there own, maybe other events at space will appeal to you. The best thing to do is follow nights with dj's on that you like..

DrewUK said:
I have to agree to a certain extent.

Our visit in August was very dissapointing but maybe i can put it down to the individual night.

I have bored people to tears over the years with how much i love Space, but i was left eating my words this year. My friend said 'so Space is still your favourite club?' to which i replied 'not any more'

I shouldn't really go on cos certain people on this board get extremely sensitive about this subject :rolleyes:

I always thought Space had that special 'something' but this year dissapointed big time - crap music, crap crowd - but as i said maybe it was just that particular night.

I dunno, just thing Space has become a tad too commercial in the last couple of years :)

Still going to Space closing which should be awesome with Erick etc at the helm :p

I hope you have a wicked time!! Morillo never fails! :) :)

Then come back and try and inject some of my lost belief in the place into me.

If it isn't great don't do what I did and persevere, hoping it will get better as it only pissed me off more- don't hesitate in leaving early and going over to Bora Bora as that will be guranteed to be rocking!

lynch said:
I think you just have to choose what week you go, cos the second time we went sundays at space it was all the cheesey stuff I think your like, all HK stuff.

To be honest I like vocal stuff to start a night, but it has to progress, and when Lawler plays the terrace thats what happens..

anyway, each to there own, maybe other events at space will appeal to you. The best thing to do is follow nights with dj's on that you like..

Lynch, your definition of 'cheesy' worries me. Why don't you clarify it for everyone?? Just beacuse you have vocals in a tune doesn't make it cheesy. Whats wrong with singing along to 'E samba' with 1500 other clubbers in the sunshine??

Like I said I think if people want to progress to the harder stuff they can move inside.

Lets keep Sundays at Space to the formula that has been successful for so long. If it ain't broken......

with regards to folloing DJ's round- whyt should we have to!!!! Surely there should be a weekly night that I know I'm gonna get what I'm paying for . And until this year I always got what I wanted from Sunday's at Space

Hed Kandi

Heard they were so busy at Hed Kandi last Saturday they had to actually close the door.

I can't imagine how busy they will be this week

Anybody go last week, what time do you think you need to be inside.

It seems like one of the most popular nights on the island.

I went to Defected @ El Divino on Sunday 7th September and was a little apprehensive as to whether it would be busy with it clashing with 'We Love...' but it was rammed and the music was class with Junior Jack and Kid Creme playing their little hearts out, aww bless em. Next year if Defected are back again I'm already there. :p

Re: Hed Kandi

ME said:
Heard they were so busy at Hed Kandi last Saturday they had to actually close the door.

If thats the case Def Mix @Pacha :D

Re: Hed Kandi

ME said:

I didn't know they had shut the door !! wow!

It was busy but sooooooo good! I would get there before it opens then and start queing. better safe than sorry!!

I wish I was going with you! I'm sure Lynch does too :) :)

Back