Sunday's at Space ..... What a pile of rubbish!

gecko2 said:
I went to Defected @ El Divino on Sunday 7th September and was a little apprehensive as to whether it would be busy with it clashing with 'We Love...' but it was rammed and the music was class with Junior Jack and Kid Creme playing their little hearts out, aww bless em. Next year if Defected are back again I'm already there. :p

I was gonna go on Sunday just gone... but I had already blown all my money at Space.... screwing! :twisted:

I heard its a wicked night aswell

ME said:
Thnik it got shut at around 3-3.30am

What time did you get in there?

At about 1.30 but thats's because we had guestlist. I don't know what time I woul;d've gotten in otherwise.

happyman said:
If it isn't great don't do what I did and persevere, hoping it will get better as it only pissed me off more- don't hesitate in leaving early and going over to Bora Bora as that will be guranteed to be rocking!

Your preaching to the converted mate :rolleyes:

We left early in August and went to El Divino for Defected (Sandy Rivera) and had a much, much, much better time ;)

ME said:
Was it busy at 1.30

Who was playing that night, and how were they?

Surprsingly very busy.

Mark Doyle was playing along with a few others. They were wicked!!!!

I think Stonebridge is at the closing party and he's one of my favorite DJ's

Just spoken to a mate

Apparently line up on the night at Hed kandi last Saturday was

Matt Collins, Mark Doyle and Stonebridge!!!

Is that right?

ME said:
Just spoken to a mate

Apparently line up on the night at Hed kandi last Saturday was

Matt Collins, Mark Doyle and Stonebridge!!!

Is that right?

Just spoke to my mate and he confirmed it!! :lol:

I was well and truly on my way! No wonder the night was so good then!!! :)

Based on this summers performance that's pretty much the hed kandi dream team.

Wish I was able to get out there for next weekend but the prices are horrendous on easy jet.

Not saying cheesey in a bad way mate, I went Head kandi and had a top night, I normally class a night with with happy tunes all night cheesey.

I understand about going inside for the harder stuff, but I love the terrace and I love lawler pumping out tribal beats, it's just not the same inside.

About following djs, all I meant was I went sundays twice, and the week with lawler and garnier on the terrace was pumping (the day was happy tho), yet the week after it never really picked up to the pace I like, so even I'm guessing each week the terrace is completly different.

i went on sunday just gone (sept 14th)

it was the best yet.

the music was very very housey, lots of proper classics (not what morillo calls classics) nice and vocaly, superb atmosphere.

the best yet!

johnathon ulysess is the best resident on the terrace. he worked the crowd into a frenzy!!

Oh sorry I must have typed wrong but I didnt go the same week as you, I went Aug24 and Aug31, thats why you didnt hear them mate

Robo said:
i went on sunday just gone (sept 14th)

it was the best yet.

the music was very very housey, lots of proper classics (not what morillo calls classics) nice and vocaly, superb atmosphere.

the best yet!

johnathon ulysess is the best resident on the terrace. he worked the crowd into a frenzy!!

Robo I was there on Sun just gone too and I wasn't hearing what you were hearing mate. I didn't hear any vocals it was all tribally till I got fed up and went to Bora at approx 6.30.

Lynch its all good mate- I understand your point

I went to both Sundays at Space the same as Lynch did (I went with him actually) and I thought the first one (on 24th August) was fookin blindin. Steve Lawler and Laurent Garnier banged it out, but they played a wicked mix of tribal and funlky house, along with some old skool classics. The finaly tune played was Prodigy's "Out of Space", to which the crowd went totally mad!

The week after (the 31st) I was sooo disappointed. Basement Jaxx were the main headliners and boy, did they SUCK! The mixing was of such a poor quality I think even I could do better (and trust me I'm a real clanger). The first DJ that was on (don't know his name, but he wore a hate and glasses, had a goatee and lanky hair), could not even mix one tune into another one, he just stopped one tune and then started another one quickly after it - TERRIBLE!And why the hell play a garage mix of "Beyonce - Crazy in Love"??? NO NO NO NO That is just wrong!

To the author of this post - I haven't read it right through, but if I have got the story right (and forgive me if i havent) you're moaning about the terrace being too hard? I still think the policy at Space is that the inside is hard, the terrace is not,and I think that still applies this year. I went inside for a few minutes at a time, and boy, were they playing some evil stuff! I think maybe if you heard Steve Lawler, you are right, he does play it harder than normal, but that's his style of dj-ing, and I thought it brought a breath of fresh air to the nomal dj's i have heard on the terrace in the past.
[/quote]

Space (June 22) - Smokin Jo was great on the terrace and dropped Michael Jackson "Thriller" vs Thrill her mix.. then Danny Rampling (5pmish) was bad, inside was like listening to a bass drum through a reverb fx box for an hour... outside got better after Danny but the enthusiasm had turned to food.

Space (Sept 7) - 6pm arrival to Justin Timberlake (SK mix), e samba, etc, then inside was a bit dark but melodic and not too loud.. the terrace was rammed. Groove Armada then played the terrace which was really nice but they played a really cheese tune too far and so went inside.. to be met by Madonna "Hollywood" SK remix and other greats including Star Guitar by Chemical's! Left about 10pm as I'd had enough.

Space is too rammed and there are too many elbows and people off there tats jumping in the air on your feet.

Cream (Sept 11) was best night for a long time... Tiesto was excellent.. Tall Paul was very good. Met some nice people - which I've not done in Space for a few years.

I'll do a proper review sometime but in summary... Friday Euphoria supprised me.. no sign of David mix-alot Pearce... Music was good!, Space was good, Manumission was similar to June music & show... still a really good night compared to recent years. Cream... they're having their best year and you can believe it.. Great Holiday... going back next year for 2 weeks!

Clive

happyman said:
Robo I was there on Sun just gone too and I wasn't hearing what you were hearing mate. I didn't hear any vocals it was all tribally till I got fed up and went to Bora at approx 6.30.

sorry to sound rude but you must have had your head in the sand then :p

Back