Sunday's at Space ..... What a pile of rubbish!

Robo said:
happyman said:
Robo I was there on Sun just gone too and I wasn't hearing what you were hearing mate. I didn't hear any vocals it was all tribally till I got fed up and went to Bora at approx 6.30.

sorry to sound rude but you must have had your head in the sand then :p

Possibly, but at least it wasn't where Space's head had gone... Up its own Arse! :p

I thought the tunes at Bora this year were the best yet, it was busy every day i went too and the atmosphere was amazing. The second week i was there i only really went space for Derick Carter and to meet up with people, if i'd have known he wouldnt turn up i'd have stayed with my friends at Bora Bora.........

If you want vocal housey music, the defmix djs play plenty of that on sunday luchtime-early afternoon, best time to go imho.

Ive always heard more tribally and/or harder music in the eve on the terrace. it works well and you always get a selection of classics. I dunno what you guys are on about. Maybe steve lawler is booked as resident coz his music works best there???

Yes it can get busy on the terrace but it's been like that for quite a few years now. When it all goes off, which it still does with regularity, there is nowhere better to get lost in music

Space Inside is the best ever this year, no question

It all depends on likings. I'd rather listen to tribal and hard house than to vocal and happy house. That's why I enjoyed a lot on the terrace, not only in We Love Sundays, but in La Troya After or Matinee.

However I heard many vocal house tunes too, such as the "E Samba" which I've finished hating.

Happyman,

If you want to listen to 16 hours of someone wailing about taking it higher, needing love or the same tired pseudo Latin house ("E-Samba") than start your own party. I'll be sure to miss it.

Sundays @ Space totally rocks. Inside, in particular.

The bottom line is this:

Ibiza is everything it's always been 8) .
Space is amazing, but it's not at all what it used to be in 99-2000.
I'm not being cynical because exciting things happen on the island every year. I'm sure people were having the same conversations about Amnesia when the roof was built.
That place was the best club in the world in it's time. It's still bloody good but it had to step aside and let more recent clubs like Space hog the limelight...
It's just history repeating, nothing to get worried about.

andre27 said:
Happyman,

If you want to listen to 16 hours of someone wailing about taking it higher, needing love or the same tired pseudo Latin house ("E-Samba") than start your own party. I'll be sure to miss it.

Sundays @ Space totally rocks. Inside, in particular.

You've obviously got up on the wrong side of your lilo today Peter Andre... Why don't you have a berocca and chill the f*7K out bruv.

Rest assured if I was to have a party you or your yankee doodle mates wouldn't be invited.

I can understand why you are so aggressive as judging from the clubs in LA I'd be pissed of if I lived there too.

Peace love and uplifting house music.

P.S. I haven't once dissed Lawler, i've meerly said that Space has changed over the last few years. IMO for the worse ...

But I doubt Fritz from space is reading my post and re-writing the opening line-up for 2004 on the basis of what I wrote .....

Remember guys! especially Andre.....LET THE SUNSINE!!

Yours

Happyman

And you've been to any clubs to LA? Shut it, bruv.

Resorting to stupid America-bashing is your best retort? Pathetic.

the past is always glorified. sometimes it is justified. but i dont see how space is any worse off than a few years back.

especially with all the filthy techy glitchy scratchy music being played inside the club :evil:

5/5 IMO.

HarryHotspur said:
the past is always glorified. sometimes it is justified. but i dont see how space is any worse off than a few years back.

especially with all the filthy techy glitchy scratchy music being played inside the club :evil:

5/5 IMO.

I agree, people are always gonna reminisce about the past and say "oh it was much better back then". Kinda pisses me off to be honest. I'm enjoying my time spent clubbing now as much as I can, and loving every minute of it. Hey, I'm sure there were a few illegal raves in a field somewhere near the m25 in 1989 that could wipe the floor with the kind of nights im getting now, but hey, shit happens, I was 6 years old then, not much I can do about that! So dont dwell on the past, make the most of the times we're having now!
And I'm sure in 5 years time people will be saying exactly the same thing... "oh do you remember in 2003 when they played E Samba on the terrace.... it just aint the same now!" ;) ;) 8)

andre27 said:
And you've been to any clubs to LA? Shut it, bruv.

Resorting to stupid America-bashing is your best retort? Pathetic.

Actually I lived in LA for 4 years. I went to Taft High School FYI.

And I've been to Rubber, Palace- after hours, Key club, and a few others. Plus all of the bars like standard etc so I know what I'm talking about.

I'm not interested in getting into a lengthy slagging match with you Andre so let's just agree to disagree mate.

Roll on Ibiza 2004!

Anyone going to Hed Kandi at Pacha this month. I've been a coyple of times and it's absolutley wicked.

Also who loves that Stonebridge tune 'Put em up high' ? Wicked trune!!!

happyman said:
Anyone going to Hed Kandi at Pacha this month. I've been a coyple of times and it's absolutley wicked.

Definitely - haven't been before but have heard lots of good things about it so I'm really looking forward to it! :D

quote]

Thats Hed Kandi @ Pacha London.. B 4 anyone has a go me! ;)

Yes I'm agree with SuperD, so much good pics about Hed Kandy, let's go for some party of it next summer... 8) ;)

Sometimes fine and sometimes better :D

Back