Summer 2020...where to go? PDB or SAN ANT?Ibz town?

Yeah , but not opposite to the harbour. These cafes are crap ( most of them )
Around croissant show , at petite vermouth and so on its nice.
Also upstairs ... a little gay maybe , but the bars are fine and the gay people dont bite.
Ibiza town is nice outside season when most tourists are away. Total different crowd relaxed , friendly . I think this will be the case this summer without many tourists.

Btw : Whats with Petite Perrerya ? Still existing ? Maybe nice evenings there this summer. Remember the sound ( Klipschorns ) , very cool.

’A little gay maybe‘ and ‘the gay people don’t bite’? Are you from the seventies?

’A little gay maybe‘ and ‘the gay people don’t bite’? Are you from the seventies?

No

We have a lot of middle aged people who would never go to a gay bar or a bar with
some gays.
Think same in UK , too
The younger ones are much more open to this and they dont think about.

For me its a bar as each other . I dont have to say anything about the gender , the sexuality or the race of other people.

No

We have a lot of middle aged people who would never go to a gay bar or a bar with
some gays.
Think same in UK , too
The younger ones are much more open to this and they dont think about.

For me its a bar as each other . I dont have to say anything about the gender , the sexuality or the race of other people.

I love gay bars.

I don’t turn many women’s heads these days, but holy shit step into a gay bar and those lads really boost my self esteem.

Should most of the Figueretas promenade cafes / restaurants be open this summer? Looking at staying in Figueretas and want to avoid a ghost town, especially as much of PDB seems to be remaining shut this summer.

Should most of the Figueretas promenade cafes / restaurants be open this summer? Looking at staying in Figueretas and want to avoid a ghost town, especially as much of PDB seems to be remaining shut this summer.
I'm sure alot will be open.. don't really rely on tourist to much. We've stayed there January and February few times and weekends are quite busy ..

aha I know who'll be making their way to Powerhouse when its opens for a bit of a feel good weekend then

Damn fcuking right Chez lad ?

My younger sister bats for the other team, so the pink triangle is a place I’m very familiar with ??

Great place for a night out, probably the best in Newcastle ? no pretentious tw@ts, just a good crowd up for a laugh.

Damn fcuking right Chez lad ?

My younger sister bats for the other team, so the pink triangle is a place I’m very familiar with ??

Great place for a night out, probably the best in Newcastle ? no pretentious tw@ts, just a good crowd up for a laugh.
aha my man! that's actually it less dramas and less likely to get ya brow lifted than round the likes of big market.. weve ended up in powerhouse a few times peeved up was a good craic

that's why I'm so in doubt ... since I'm older (49) don't feel like sitting between 95% 20 year olds and I think it would be better in PDB because of slightly older people than just 20 year olds ... but I am afraid that there will be nothing to see in PDB other than bora bora and that is why it is better in San Ant ... really do not know ... And I do not want to just tour and visit beaches for a whole day. .. music, people and fun ... somehow ;-)

IMO it used to be the older crowd. I really enjoyed PBD in the 2000’s. I found it a little more “diverse” than San An. There was something about walking down the PBD road, the heat wavering up off the road, weird and wonderful folk walking around slowly, heads nodding in time to the throb of whatever beat was coming out of a bar or shop.....that feeling as you walked into Space, knowing you had “arrived”.....*sigh

However I have noticed, Over the past few years since Ushuaia took over the PBD road, the street & clubs are filled with messy youngsters. It’s not my thing.

Particularly interesting over the last 2 years we’re those young/ish “ladies” wearing g-string bikinis & costumes backwards (I sh*t you not! Let that look sink in....??) underneath some fishnets....I’m all for a provocative show of flesh, but this “look” was not quite right. Perhaps I’m just showing my age!?

I also found that since the rules came in with music in bars, it lost a lot of its atmosphere. The last 2 years, to me, PDB felt like a shadow of itself. There also seemed to be a lot more ladies of the night and other types (more looky loonies than usual).

San An has a nice vibe. Lots of lovely places to eat (as mentioned in other replies), it looks clean and fresh (at the start of season - I imagine the current viral climate may have kept it such). Nice sunsets, easy to get around, good grocery shops too.

San An cleaner and fresher than PdB ?
Heard it from different people. Seems to be the next case for the gov ...
Some people called PdB a shithole here
I remember the times PdB called Rolex beach. late 80 s. and begin of 90s. I think the beachbars and the beach is ok . For me the street is a little strange : Too much drug dealers , too much thieves and so on.
Nassau and Tanit is very nice , the other beach bars too. But the big times with Bora Bora and Sands are over. Remember Cox djing at sands . Biiiig night ( think was his birthday )
Why is it usual in Ibz to damage the existing Icons ? Why did they change Ku to Priv? Why did they kill Bora Bora ( Noise ? )
Why did they kill El Divino ? Why did they kill the beach bar djing and sound at the night ( noise , too ) ?

San An has a nice vibe. Lots of lovely places to eat (as mentioned in other replies), it looks clean and fresh (at the start of season - I imagine the current viral climate may have kept it such). Nice sunsets, easy to get around, good grocery shops too.
That sounds nice. :)

I still haven't been to Ibiza. But the impression that I had before reading your post was that San An was simply bars instead of clubs. Now you've changed that.

I'm the type of person who if he really thinks it through will buy groceries and make food in the kitchenette of his motel instead of spending lavish amounts on room service in his luxury suite. It might be the way to go.

How is it for clubbing? I don't know where the major venues are with respect to PdB, San Ant, or Ibz Town.

That sounds nice. :)

I still haven't been to Ibiza. But the impression that I had before reading your post was that San An was simply bars instead of clubs. Now you've changed that.

I'm the type of person who if he really thinks it through will buy groceries and make food in the kitchenette of his motel instead of spending lavish amounts on room service in his luxury suite. It might be the way to go.

How is it for clubbing? I don't know where the major venues are with respect to PdB, San Ant, or Ibz Town.
There are a number of good clubs in San An. Spotlight lists them of course ?. It’s also easy to get to Amnesia / Privilege or Ibiza Town with buses (or taxis). Though I always drive, so can only comment on the bus trips from other peoples info....However, unlikely there will be serious clubbing this year.

The best sound system for me last year was Eden. Crystal clear Function one (if I’m not mistaken!). Had not been there in years & really was surprisingly impressed. It was an impromptu night after Pikes was a bit too slow on the BPM. I’m very much about the sound of the club, rather than the club. If the sound system is shit/unbalanced I don’t enjoy it as much.

Definitely use your kitchenette if you have one. Then you can eat out at really nice spots for dinner!

San An cleaner and fresher than PdB ?
Heard it from different people. Seems to be the next case for the gov ...
Some people called PdB a shithole here
I remember the times PdB called Rolex beach. late 80 s. and begin of 90s. I think the beachbars and the beach is ok . For me the street is a little strange : Too much drug dealers , too much thieves and so on.
Nassau and Tanit is very nice , the other beach bars too. But the big times with Bora Bora and Sands are over. Remember Cox djing at sands . Biiiig night ( think was his birthday )
Why is it usual in Ibz to damage the existing Icons ? Why did they change Ku to Priv? Why did they kill Bora Bora ( Noise ? )
Why did they kill El Divino ? Why did they kill the beach bar djing and sound at the night ( noise , too ) ?
Sands was a great little spot.

PDB used to be a great place; it's lost a lot of the magic.

But then, so has Ibiza as a whole.

Sands was a great little spot.

PDB used to be a great place; it's lost a lot of the magic.

But then, so has Ibiza as a whole.

The North is a little old ibiza. Same as Dalt Vila at the right times ( weekends mornings ,
a little out the season ) Harbour area is not very nice.PdB Beach area is not bad.
Eularia is nice ... and so on
You can find cool spots , Ibiza has the magic
But nighlife is not as cool as in earlier days.
Big clubs with big names , very commercial. Exceptions are there ( Underground , Heart sometimes , Pacha sometimes , DC often )
Would be Manumission possible at this times now ? What would the kids think if they see it ?

that's why I'm so in doubt ... since I'm older (49) don't feel like sitting between 95% 20 year olds and I think it would be better in PDB because of slightly older people than just 20 year olds ... but I am afraid that there will be nothing to see in PDB other than bora bora and that is why it is better in San Ant ... really do not know ... And I do not want to just tour and visit beaches for a whole day. .. music, people and fun ... somehow ;-)

Good hotel for your age, I'm 46 and it's my go to.

Back