Subliminal Sessions - Feb 18th

Morbyd said:
Barbie in 'Defending Soulful House" Shocker
:lol: ;)

I've always loved my Soulful Daddys - Louie, Kenny, Krivit, Regisford etc etc, someone has to educate the kids of today :lol:

Ferd said:
It must be that :lol: ;)

Im not a particular fan of vocals in clubs anyway, do they play vocal stuff?? Ive got this impression that they do. I dont like soulful house either.. Its just seems to fluffy for me. I think I need dirt in my night.

Maybe when I get into my thirties my views will change ;)

come on, vocal stuff doesn't always constitute fluffy/soulful, does it? everyone loves a vocal!
horses for courses, i suppose, but proper garage music is in the heart and soul of all dance music, its the foundation stone of jackin' yer body;) :lol:

so when i reach 30 will is stop liking these 'US House' boys??

dirt and vocals are not mutually exclusive. have you heard thick dick's vocals?:eek: :lol: you'd love them you perv;) :lol:

Just found out Morillo is playing in Moscow on March 7 :D

I've never been thrilled by him at Pacha, and only somewhat entertained at Space, but last time he played out here he played a total blinder of a set.

grego said:
come on, vocal stuff doesn't always constitute fluffy/soulful, does it? everyone loves a vocal!
horses for courses, i suppose, but proper garage music is in the heart and soul of all dance music, its the foundation stone of jackin' yer body;) :lol:

so when i reach 30 will is stop liking these 'US House' boys??

dirt and vocals are not mutually exclusive. have you heard thick dick's vocals?:eek: :lol: you'd love them you perv;) :lol:

"Kang adopts deep voice" Welcome to the jungle :lol:

Excellent tune 8)

I was only kidding you lot..:twisted:
Have patience with me, it was only 3 years ago I was buying Reactivate compilations :rolleyes: :lol:

One step at a time.. ;)

I think what it comes down to is I like songs to have breakdowns. Im completely clueless, but do these American DJ's we're talking about play sets with breakdowns? I had the impression (maybe falsely) that they didnt.

Ferd said:
I think what it comes down to is I like songs to have breakdowns. Im completely clueless, but do these American DJ's we're talking about play sets with breakdowns? I had the impression (maybe falsely) that they didnt.

Almost all Dance music has a breakdown of some sort mate. ;)

Robbie G said:
Almost all Dance music has a breakdown of some sort mate. ;)

Yeah I guess youre right but in Boompety boompty music for example they are so subtle, you can barely notice them. That day we saw Carter I could barely remember one.

I dont mean I like 5 minute long cheesy breakdowns just a little break where you can raise your arms and whoop.:lol:
There must be some people here that agree with me.. anyone??!! :lol:

Ferd said:
Yeah I guess youre right but in Boompety boompty music for example they are so subtle, you can barely notice them. That day we saw Carter I could barely remember one.

I dont mean I like 5 minute long cheesy breakdowns just a little break where you can raise your arms and whoop.:lol:
There must be some people here that agree with me.. anyone??!! :lol:

so you don't like derrick carter now. next you'll be saying sneak can't mix!!

kang - 'welcome to the jungle' (tune!) is mild compared to some others by him, 'orgasm' made me :eek: :eek:

take 'backfired' by MAW with the amazing india on vocals. its just a classic MAW production - soul filled, strong vocals, garage grooves and a huge breakdown to crescendo near the end of the song as india wails at the top of her voice8) 8) 8) bliss!!!

grego said:
take 'backfired' by MAW with the amazing india on vocals. its just a classic MAW production - soul filled, strong vocals, garage grooves and a huge breakdown to crescendo near the end of the song as india wails at the top of her voice8) 8) 8) bliss!!!

Agreed! It is a tune that if played at the right time it makes the hairs ont the back of my stand up! :D

grego said:

Don't get Ferd onto Delboy and Sneak, he's still in the beginners music class and doesn't appreciate our sophisticated boompety boomp tastes :lol: ;)

Lol, poor Ferd, all he did was say that he's not a fan of Louie and Kenny and now we're ripping his music taste to bits :lol: ;)

grego said:

'Backfired' reminds me of the Dusted arch at Serious with all the glammed up girls singing at the top of their voice.. (I do actually like the song but not in a clubbing environment ;) )

Grego, thank god we have the spanish thing to fall back on, I dont think we've got much in common musicwise :lol:

I may eat my words in a few years time but I really cant see it now. Just got Steve Angello's Session Cd, its very good I thought (not as good as Masiello's though), that Trentmoller mix of Royksopp's "What Else Is There?" is outstanding. Give me that anyday over that soulful stuff.
Right i'll stop here;)

Russ, good spot :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ferd said:
Greco, thank god we have the spanish thing to fall back on, I dont think we've got much in common musicwise :lol:

I fear for us then cos me and you haven't even got the Spanish thing to fall back on :lol: ;)

Back