Subliminal Sessions - Feb 18th

Ferd said:
Greco, thank god we have the spanish thing to fall back on, I dont think we've got much in common musicwise :lol:

the fact you on going to both ministry and turnmills next sat, says to me that we have lots in common music wise. i like proper good quality dance music, whether that be carl cox, louie vega, pippi, Bukem, samba, sasha. yeah some types i prefer in some places/circumstances but give me anything from drum 'n' bass to latin-techno to samba beats to soulfilled garage to proggy/tech hands in the air synths and i'll dance and be happy. me entiendes??;)

btw - its not greco :evil: :x :x :x. always remember there's only one grego! ;) :lol:

Robbie G said:
Agreed! It is a tune that if played at the right time it makes the hairs ont the back of my stand up! :D

Like at Steven/Claires do at Christmas WHEN I PLAYED IT.

Or were you one of the sack of sh1t that didn;t turn up til too late.

x-amount said:
Like at Steven/Claires do at Christmas WHEN I PLAYED IT.

Or were you one of the sack of sh1t that didn;t turn up til too late.

How dare you say I was late! Im never late I always turn up exactly when I plan too!

grego said:
so you don't like derrick carter now. next you'll be saying sneak can't mix!!

kang - 'welcome to the jungle' (tune!) is mild compared to some others by him, 'orgasm' made me :eek: :eek:

take 'backfired' by MAW with the amazing india on vocals. its just a classic MAW production - soul filled, strong vocals, garage grooves and a huge breakdown to crescendo near the end of the song as india wails at the top of her voice8) 8) 8) bliss!!!

True, but it was a 14 year old song that would have disaappeared without Joey Negro master stroke. I alwayd think of it as more like "his" song.

Amazing record though. Sums up an entire era and scene of my life. Used to hear it, likem 10 times every Sunday afternoon without fail for about 2 years.

And I love those 2 thick d1ck tunes aswell.

x-amount said:
True, but it was a 14 year old song that would have disaappeared without Joey Negro master stroke. I alwayd think of it as more like "his" song.

Amazing record though. Sums up an entire era and scene of my life. Used to hear it, likem 10 times every Sunday afternoon without fail for about 2 years.

And I love those 2 thick d1ck tunes aswell.

x - anything with india pelting it out is 8) 8) 8), going back i still love 'love and happiness' and all the mixes of it. :D

some of the tunes on thick d1ck's album are absolute dirrrrrrrrrrty filth.:twisted:

grego said:
x - anything with india pelting it out is 8) 8) 8), going back i still love 'love and happiness' and all the mixes of it. :D

some of the tunes on thick d1ck's album are absolute dirrrrrrrrrrty filth.:twisted:

I always thought that there's never been a mix which does the vocal justice on that one.

x-amount said:
I always thought that there's never been a mix which does the vocal justice on that one.

the sao benitez mix on the space 2001 album is my fav i think. massive balearic breakdown at the start with just india's sweet sweet tones making the hairs stand up on the back of my ****:lol: . The junior boys own one on sasha/digweed renaissance is good but i agree that the vocal gets lost a bit.

Barbie said:
I fear for us then cos me and you haven't even got the Spanish thing to fall back on :lol: ;)

:lol: Very good point!!! I'll have to think of something over the weekend! ;)

Grego te entiendo perfectamente ;) . Oh, your name has been ammended too, lord nows why I said Greco.. maybe I was thinking about Greece?? :?: :lol:

How was it???

Heard that it was one in one out on the dancefloor?? A bit like when he played at The Cross a couple of years back.

Ferd said:
How was it???

Heard that it was one in one out on the dancefloor?? A bit like when he played at The Cross a couple of years back.

I remember that at the Cross it was dreadful. They closed the arch and let one in one out :evil: We were on the dance floor and you couldn't even move your arms up or down it was so packed.

Kang said:
I remember that at the Cross it was dreadful. They closed the arch and let one in one out :evil: We were on the dance floor and you couldn't even move your arms up or down it was so packed.

It was a bloody brilliant night - although i have never seen a Q in Turnmills to get into the main room before - it was soooo packed, but I thoroughly enjoyed myself - great company, great vibe - really impressed with everything Kamikaze did on the night - organisation was excellent....

Spent most of the set in the DJ box as you couldnt get on the dancefloor, then got a bit too excited and not enough space in there to get that excited so had to retire to the upstairs bar for madness.......... superb night!!!

Back