Stop the Thomas Cook Group Trying to Change Ibiza !!!

McRackin

Super Moderator
As you may have heard that the Thomas Group are only going to be using all-inclusive hotel on the Island of Ibiza this Summer, and not just only that, their contactors are putting pressure on hoteliers telling them that they will need to turn they hotels in to all-inclusive or they will loose their summer contracts.

Also what they are proposing to do is that bars next to these hotels iin Ibiza turn into all-inclusive bars so they can work together and offer the same type of package.

Do they realise what they are doing ? They have done business with bars in the Bay and also San An for years and have been asking for bar money for them to take their guests into bars. What is happening will slowly put these bars out of business so where do the guests go ?? They will go to anywhere apart from Ibiza and this will kill our Island.

And lastly not forgetting all the restaurants that the reps supervisors and managers eat in for free or with a large discount all summer will soon not be there, as they will slowly go out of business due to the decision made by the directors of this company.

If you agree with the above please join this group as Thomas Cook are not thinking about the Island they are just thinking of there Profits.

And also if you are a bar owner, a club owner, or a restaurant owner you should join this group and pass it onto all your customers, friends, who visit your business or just friends who visit this Island………

:arrow: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=wall&ref=nf&gid=106005699419695

just wandering where all this has come from i am booked self catering with thomas cook and there were loads of hotels to choose from a lot more than all in.

i booked my hols last year and was ok in getting h/b option only.i don;t go a/i anyway.booked for sept/oct as well same hotel but all diy inc flights.hotel beer is rubbish anyway.

its nice to get out and about.meet landlords and chat.only good thing about a/i is sometimes i get the odd free drink from people i know.if i say get back to hotel before 12 midnight sometimes or in the day when i pop into another hotel to see mates.

over the years i have known some people not even know where places are only cause they have never set foot out of the hotel.even if they do its only for a quick drink and they cannot wait to get back to hotel for there moneys worth of beer.

i don;t drink a lot.but i can go to bars and have a good night far cheaper than going a/i.i don;t even spend what a/i spend on drinks in a day.its all a matter of shopping around in resort if you what a deal on drinks.ok don;t get me wrong i do pay over the odds some nights.when i meet up with old friends in one bar.but its worth paying a bit extra.and the owner throws in nik naks.ect.

another one i drop in to most nights is cheap anyway.one is only £1.00 pint.and the rest of the places i visit i get either free or spainish bogof.

one thing i have noticed over the years now.most in the a/i hotels are either on a different planet or out of there head.

i would say a/i is fine if your hotel is a fair walk into resort or you have children.like the hotels near airport in playa den bossa.but at least it should not stop you going out for the odd drink.

Last edited by a moderator:
basically 'all inclusive all around' is an idea that's come out of the berlin travel fair where the big tourops (thomas cook is german owned now) are looking for ways to transfer poverty stricken former east germans from kebab munching holidays in turkey, where apparently this idea works well, to destinations nearer to home. the problem for any bar that drops their standards of food or service low enough to join the coinage free scheme is that it will never attact any paying customers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Look at places like Cancun. The abundance of all-inclusive deals in the resort area (which I am guilty of trying... my only a/i experience) means that there is very little to do around town. Just a handful of decent bars and restaurants outside the hotels. And no one goes into the city, which has devolved into a bit of a dump :confused:

Definitely not the way I'd like to see Ibiza go!

People just dont have the cash anymore and many are lucky to get away at all this year.

For a sizable portion of the package tour market the All Inclusive option is here to stay in my opinion and at the end of the day its the Hotel that supplies it..........not the Tour Operator. The Hotel is making more cash buying in bulk and having a guaranteed payment for the food and drink up front. Exchange rates are killing the non-euro tourists and to have food and drink supplied without having to exchange coinage is another reason for the growth of A/I

Im afraid its the nature of buisness thesedays.

All inc

Thomson are doing the same I booked up Hb as normal but when they offer to upgrade for 1p a day extra who's going to turn it down , I will just have a packed lunch to take out with me in the day a few drinks with meal at night then go out to the bars as normal .but like some say the drinks are low grade and inferior also I cant stand queuing up and waiting ages at the bar to be given max 2 drinks in plastic glasses and only half pints at that I could die of thirst , ever since the monopolies commission gave the go ahead for First Choice and Thomson to merge together and Thomas Cook and Airtours to merge they think they can hold the Island to ransom . I dont think the spanish will be dictated to as they know the worlds a big place and Operaters come from all over the globe not just the UK

plus the merger of these groups means less choice of flights.so is that a reson why over past two years ibiza is empty in parts.i used to have a choice of 4 flights now down to two.t/c begin the expensive out of the two.

had loads of emails on the 1p deals.but to places and hotels i don;t fancy.

Is there a rule that all Facebook group descriptions must be written badly? (not that I'm any good at writing!)

I don't know how you wanna stop them from going further with a Facebook group. As at the ITB fair in Berlin nothing of Ibiza's culture identity has been promoted (night-life), I also assume that Ibiza's government is appreciating that kind of business as they also like to create fat roads with consume machines on each side.

The only opportunity I see in short is, that businesses involved within the all-inc packages will not longer be promoted additionally(events,...) by local marketing and advertisement companies, if that exists as this at all (I am not familiar with that). Additional, non-all-inclusive businesses have to make a better offer and also reach by better promotions those who come by a all-inclusive offer, tough.

I saw really awful scenes once in Es-Figural, 3 surrounding restaurants were over the season almost empty every day. All people stayed at the hotels pool and bar ( 0.25 Beer = 3.50 euro, in top very bad beer )

However, where is the complete list of Tomas-Cook partners ? 8)

i have booked with thomas cook this year and its self catering, so cant really understant why this group has been created. also, if you go on their website their is still plenty of SC/HB/BB holidays available.

Maybe this is something they are planning for next year so until then and its confirmed i will not be joining this group.

When I go on holiday I like to get out and about to as many different places as possible so never go all inc. There is a time and a place for all inc though - I went all inc when I went Dominican Republic because its just not safe to go out of resort alone. But I would not see the point in going to Ibiza all inc just to stay in a hotel all the time, it would be killing the Islands Clubs/Bars/Restaurants-if people want this type of holiday then Ibiza is not the place.

I have booked with Thomas Cook this year though as they are offering plenty of SC, B&B and HB options so I am not sure where the idea of them only doing all inc came from??

I have booked with Thomas Cook this year though as they are offering plenty of SC, B&B and HB options so I am not sure where the idea of them only doing all inc came from??
Well if this is, in fact, Thomas Cook's plan then it wouldn't happen overnight. It would take them a year or two to line up enough vendors to be able to demote or drop their non-AI options. If they did it right away, they'd probably not have enough supply to meet demand.

thing is the bars sell better beers than hotels.and what if the bars just said no to the deal.i can see a few bars thinking easy money to live on.but i cannot seeing it going full stream in ibiza.what places in san an have said yes to this deal.

like i have said what would a bar do if if 500 people turn up in one go.and it onlys holds 100.

i would only go a.i like mentioned Cancun.

some hotels now have stopped giving bottels of water out for those on a.i as people were stocking up to take out for day trips.they now give you a plastic glass full.and i hate to see some people who get rounds of drinks lined up and then mess about with it.throwing most of it away.playing silly games like filling things up with ale and taking it to the beach.

I've been a few times now at cala Gracio when different groups of people have wandered down the steps (presumably from the Tanit) shouting and ravin',carrying drinks in wobbly plastic containers.

They seem amazed to find such a place on their doorstep,did'nt know it was there and were only looking for somewhere to play football.....:x

Face book

Is there a rule that all Facebook group descriptions must be written badly? (not that I'm any good at writing!)

Facebook the route of all evil so sad when people have too go on a sites like that to find friends well thats what they say they are till things go arse about face ,

Facebook the route of all evil so sad when people have too go on a sites like that to find friends well thats what they say they are till things go arse about face ,

Always a pleasure to hear somebody comment on something that they know nothing about.

I don't really understand how the holiday industry works but isn't the point of going to a new country discovering new bars and restaurants etc - or am I missing something?

re: facebook - it's getting overused and undernoticed - you need to set up a formal petition

I don't really understand how the holiday industry works but isn't the point of going to a new country discovering new bars and restaurants etc - or am I missing something?

re: facebook - it's getting overused and undernoticed - you need to set up a formal petition

c'mon olly, have you somehow missed that LOTS of british (no doubt others too) like to go on holiday, eat egg and chips from a greasy spoon and then drink pints of stella, whilst watching only fools repeats by day/football by night and then doing karaoke and riding the mechanical bull.

Back