Stop the Thomas Cook Group Trying to Change Ibiza !!!

it's a holiday. we do what we normally do in our leisure time, only tenfold. grego could extend his example to the clubbing fraternity too.

well tell you the truth i have not noticed any bars showing only fools in the past 10 years.i think ibiza grew out of that.still see them in Majorca

i am not on facebook so thats no good to me.

sure, am well aware of the trash element and Thomas Cook does seem to cater for it

what I don't understand is that if the package holidays have 'deals' with allocated bars catering for tourists who are happy to spend their entire holidays on the piss, but within those establishments - why should any other bars care - surely they're catering to completely different markets??

sorry, am I being a div here? :oops:

Facebook the route of all evil ...
egpfcz.gif

ps:

that fakebook-group is ridiculous.
you can´t blame the messenger !

thomas cook wouldn´t try to offer mare allincl
if there was no demand for that from many holidaymakers.

problem is that ibiza became for many people TOO ****ING EXPENSIVE -
so many holidaymakers have to book allincl to keep their money together.

(i personally hate allincl and all those fools who spend their whole ****ing holiday
in ONE ****ing resort around one ****ing pool and with ****ing "entertainment"
for ****ing retards at night )

(i personally hate allincl and all those fools who spend their whole ****ing holiday

I totally agree with icebaer69 on this - people like that should fck off to thaliraki instead

If the truth hurts

Always a pleasure to hear somebody comment on something that they know nothing about.

How do you know I know nothing about Facebook ? Its like me saying you know nothing about running a bar which I know you have but I don't , here is for information and help so lets keep it that way Please casper thank you

I quite agree the island has some ace beaches I like nothing better than getting away from the commercial area relaxing :D Its not my scene staying in the hotels allday and night if it come to that I would stay at home and get pissed :spank:

egpfcz.gif

ps:

that fakebook-group is ridiculous.
you can´t blame the messenger !

thomas cook wouldn´t try to offer mare allincl
if there was no demand for that from many holidaymakers.

problem is that ibiza became for many people TOO ****ING EXPENSIVE -
so many holidaymakers have to book allincl to keep their money together.

Thats true Olly its is discovering new bars and restaurants etc and seeing how the other half live so I am with you on that

I don't really understand how the holiday industry works but isn't the point of going to a new country discovering new bars and restaurants etc - or am I missing something?

re: facebook - it's getting overused and undernoticed - you need to set up a formal petition

Perhaps the "all inclusive" approach will simply attract a new stream of tourists to ibiza who may have previously gone elsewhere?

... and btw:
who was the first to bring allincl to ibiza ?

i bet it was MATUTES and his FIESTA-group ?!

what percentage of spotlight forum users stay in hotels? it would be interesting to know if it is an age thing /country specific requirement that starts people going on all inclusive breaks..

there was an article earlier in the year talking about how last year there was a general shift in foreign holidays towards all inclusive as people were skint with the financial problems throughout the world and how the all inclusive gave people chance to watch the pennies whilst still being able to get away.

never fancied the stay in a complex and eat as much as possible holiday myself although a pocket full of booze tokens wouldn't go a miss!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have stayed in hotels in Ibiza 40 odd times and once in an appartment - in Santa Eulalia and once was enough. I loathe the idea of all-inclusive and would go stir crazy staying around a hotel.

The joy of a holiday to me is seeing different people in different situations and enjoying food and drink in different places - for me the hotel is a good breakfast and a base.

I've just got back from Torremolinos - free hotel - and managed in three days to visit old favourites Puerto Banus, Ronda, Nerja and Seville.

I've stayed at the Fiesta Hotel PDB three times and enjoy the breakfast buffet and picnic lunch, but that's it. If I feel like it, I'll spend the day by the beach in front or the pool but I'm usually bored with that after the second day and go exploring on the island after breakfast. Ibiza is so small and fun to explore that I couldn't imagine anyone wanting all inclusive and only hanging about the hotel for their entire vacation.

Ibiza is so small and fun to explore that I couldn't imagine anyone wanting all inclusive and only hanging about the hotel for their entire vacation.
You obviously haven't met the British. At least some of them anyway!
All they want is to sit by the pool all day, attached by pipeline to a tanker of lager, and while away the hours singing monotonous football songs.
For evenings repeat but insert "bar" for "pool".
:oops:

What that Facebook group should do is to promote the fact that local restaurants and bars offer better value and quality than All Inclusive rather than moaning about it.

On average a Family of 4 will expect to pay 150 per person extra to go All Inclusive. Thats 600 for a weeks food and drink.

How many families in Ibiza could live on that for a month or two!!!

The smaller hotels and bars should put out their own spin as to what actually it is the punters are eating in the "All Inclusive" option.

Lower grade dog food thats just fit for human consumption in GPS hotels id say........

You obviously haven't met the British. At least some of them anyway!
All they want is to sit by the pool all day, attached by pipeline to a tanker of lager, and while away the hours singing monotonous football songs.
For evenings repeat but insert "bar" for "pool".
:oops:

Oh, I'm totally aware of this! I just try not to imagine it's happening so as not to spoil the beauty and fun of the island. I've read reviews of many hotels that have other nationalities doing the same thing, so the Brits are not alone. I did like watching Eastenders once in a pub in San Antonio. :)

I can say I'm guilty of hanging around the pool drinking espressos but it doesn't last all day. A fun day for me is having a hearty hotel breakfast and then hopping on the scooter to Salinas to catch a glimpse of the Pacha beach patrol. :twisted:

can´t believe that morbyd joined this group of fakebook-fools :lol:

What that Facebook group should do is to promote the fact that local restaurants and bars offer better value and quality than All Inclusive rather than moaning about it ...
the biggest joke is that the founder of this group works for eden ...
... for E-D-E-N ... since years worldfamous for their quality-nights ...
... omg :lol:

i bet their clientele has about the highest percentage of allincl-holidaymakers :)

Back