spotlight taskforce

stephen

Staff member
i wondered what you all thought about how spotlight functions. a lot of you spend a lot of time on the forum - an ethereal cyberspace that could be anywhere in the universe - but do you ever think about the bricks and mortar, and flesh and blood, that go into producing ibiza, benidorm, and alicante spotlights.

who do you think we are, how many of us are there, what we all do and where do we work??

give me your ideas please, i'm interested for a little article writing.

thanks

you'd make a good politician zarby. i ask you a question and you reply with another one.

it continues to grow is the answer.

I can imagine Stephen, James and the other moderators lapping up the life of luxury in a coastline villa, sipping on cocktails, half naked Pacha girls cavorting around them whilst they moderate Spotlight :lol:

Seriously though... I would guess there is a higher power who actually owns Spotlight. James and Stephen moderate the site and also the board. Probably dealing with techy issues with the actual website and also board problems! Robo helps with moderating the forum from a UK point, Silvia moderates the Spanish forum. Maybe someone else who deals with hotel bookings and the like?

And I'm guessing there is a main little Spotlight office somewhere in Ibiza town, but the majority of the work you do is from home :confused:

Probably totally wrong :lol:

norman (bekkiboo's 'higher authority'), james and stephen mick and biffo live in a big finca next door to jade jagger high in the hills.

you spend all day living high on the hog drinking quaffing champagne, occasionally copy and pasting information out of the pacha magazine

close?

correct becs. totally wrong. put your accountants head on, look at our activities and put the logistics in.......staff, hardware, software, buildings, sales, admin, marketing, design, etc

And I'm guessing there is a main little Spotlight office somewhere in Ibiza town, but the majority of the work you do is from home :confused:

Yep I imagine they have a central place where they get together for weekly meetings but a lot of the work is done from home.

As well as James and Stephen and the other mods, I imagine there is a Mr/Mrs Spotlight who oversees everything and owns Spotlight, an IT guru, a sales type person to bring in revenue from other companies and someone who oversees hotel bookings. I also imagine they bring in freelance people on an adhoc basis to research stuff and help out at busy people.

I also imagine Stephen has a special banning button that he has access to 24/7 for when any of us are naughty and are sent to the other side :confused: :eek: :lol: ;)

I also imagine Stephen has a special banning button that he has access to 24/7 for when any of us are naughty and are sent to the other side :confused: :eek: :lol: ;)

red_button.jpg

correct becs. totally wrong. put your accountants head on, look at our activities and put the logistics in.......staff, hardware, software, buildings, sales, admin, marketing, design, etc

Stephen you DO realise it's a Friday morning and I was out last night don't you :eek: I know, pesky kids!

Erm... Doesn't it stem from a newsletter or something? Is there a Spotlight hardcopy kinda thing that gets sent round Ibiza? :confused: If that's the case there's probably a higher number of staff. Probably a central location for the main newsletter production, staff working there, advertising, Spotlight.com is the internet side of things :confused:

totally wrong again. in the days before the internet spotlight was a booklet type guide. we don't do anything on paper these days.

hint. our business is selling accommodation and advertising for mostly tourist related businesses. to do this well we have to also produce and attractive guide for the areas we deal in ibiza, benidorm, and alicante. why visit somewhere you know nothing about?

I imagine there's about 3/4 of you running a company with a few web related or IT clients that originally ran Spotlight as a sideline...until it spiralled out of control and turned into a secuirity firm with 24 hour surveillance, tagging and banning becoming the number one priority.

:lol:;)

...but that said, I think you all do a grand job. Sorry we've ruined it. :oops::lol:;)

Who's got that lovely doggy, has he got a basket in the office? :eek:

in fact, can we have some pictures of the office please? Where is it?

i used to think it was run by yourself until i learned otherwise.

can i hazard a guess at Ibiza Spotlight being a small office somewhere in the sticks in ibiza, with erm, 6 people doing it all (plus seasonal contributers)?

I think it functions well. The forum takes care of itself (mostly) and the main page is a great source of info (and has been a lot better with more articles of late). As for the other Spotlight sites I dunno. Maybe 1 or 2 paid employees working from home or something?

good thread!!!!

i've never really known how spotlight works and i'm really keen to know the answers of you (stephen) later.

my guess: the forums are only a small part of the whole thing, this is evident. stephen takes care of that...but also with the hardware? no idea! i know james also works for space in a way (concerning the website, right?) and mick does as well.

how does it get sponsored? i guess you get a kickback from the hotels you offer on spothlight...but is this a yearly fixrate or a kickback per booking that came over this very site? and do you also get kickbacks from the restaurants mentionned?

i'd really like to know how many people do work for spotlight, especially the ibizenco part...(also because i'm seriously thinking about coming down for the season next year and would love to work for spotlight, but ssssshhh...:oops: )

I've heard that there's a bronze bust of George Orwell on your desk, with a big collage of photos taken of spotlighters in compromising positions taken by the secret spotlight police.

The Secret spotlight police use the information from the "Who's coming to Ibiza this year" type threads and tail a cross section of Spotlighters throughout the holiday after identifying them from the arrivals at Ibiza Airport and occasionally capture and convert a number (ie Buckley) as double agents.

You have a water cooler filled with Sangria and a play pen where you keep Biff.

McRackin land his hotair balloon on the roof and has a handlebar moustache and a biggles type leather hat.

You have a button which you must press every 108 minutes or Es Vedra will collapse into the sea and "the Others" ie clubbers are used as target practise when you drift by in McRackin's Balloon.

You all get drunk once and month and walk through Ibiza town chaning "We are , We are, We are the Mods" and are notorious for terrorising trannies.

I've heard that there's a bronze bust of George Orwell on your desk, with a big collage of photos taken of spotlighters in compromising positions taken by the secret spotlight police.

The Secret spotlight police use the information from the "Who's coming to Ibiza this year" type threads and tail a cross section of Spotlighters throughout the holiday after identifying them from the arrivals at Ibiza Airport and occasionally capture and convert a number (ie Buckley) as double agents.

You have a water cooler filled with Sangria and a play pen where you keep Biff.

McRackin land his hotair balloon on the roof and has a handlebar moustache and a biggles type leather hat.

You have a button which you must press every 108 minutes or Es Vedra will collapse into the sea and "the Others" ie clubbers are used as target practise when you drift by in McRackin's Balloon.

You all get drunk once and month and walk through Ibiza town chaning "We are , We are, We are the Mods" and are notorious for terrorising trannies.

Because of the little fantasyworld that I find myself living in when everyone else around me is in reality - I so want it to be this option!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back