Space Ibiza Dance coming soon

If the Space brand is owned by Matutes and the Space building was owned by Matutes too, which component of Space did Rosello own?

Or was he just a figurehead without legal rights to anything?

ok so... as far as I know (disclaimer: that story started way before I even heard about ibiza for the first time so I'm not sure the below is absolutely 100% correct), pepe roselló had a lease on it and the rights to exploit the brand until the lease ended and Grupo de Empresas Matutes wanted it back (to turn it into hï). by the time space closed, most people knew pepe never had been the owner of the building, but the brand thing only came to light later. pepe obvs tried everything to get the rights, but AFAIK he simply didn't (they went to court and everything).

now, if you compare the logo on the HRH screen
251233866_4460573927357419_9106301755845940546_n-jpg.13019

(which is the original one we all remember...)

with the one pepe has been using lately
06-jpg.12151

you will clearly see that neither the wording nor the graphs are the same.

so...unless pepe roselló and matutes have buried the hatchet, something which is pretty unlikely after pepe's swath of attacks in the media lately, a lot of people here on the island think that the announcement on the HRH screen is actually done by matutes himself and a direct vengeance.

so yeah, this story could probably entertain us for a while...

* Rosello in talks with Es Paradis to do his Sundays at Space parties there?
* Matutes waiting the courts decission to get Privilege back and turn it into Space?

Good morning folks!

* Matutes waiting the courts decission to get Privilege back and turn it into Space?

Good morning folks!

Does any court battle in Spain take less than 5+ years to resolve though? This will run and run I assume? Space 2025?

Does any court battle in Spain take less than 5+ years to resolve though? This will run and run I assume?
Maybe... but I think that if they've done that announcement is because they know something!

The article mentions that apparently they have a plan B, renting another venue (I don't see that one happening), and even a plan C, doing a few one-offs branded as Space in some of their venues (Hï?)...

All day/night Space at Es Paradis might be the thing to save that venue. Roof open in the day etc.

Sounds crazy to move there but withbthe right credibility it could work.

Good morning folks!
I heard both Es Paradis and Eden when I was in Ibiza from a source

I mean it‘s just sad if you have to use a legendary brands name for PR to launch some random party at freakin Eden.

Es Paradis in the day, Eden at night?
Would Space work at Benimussa Zoo? I've never been to the venue though!

What a fun. My personal opinion : Space is not existing anymore. To use the name is only to use the brand , nothing else. Its not space then , its a venue called space. Rest in Peace . Its the same : It will never be again a Ku , El Divino or Heart. Or Festival Club or someting else. Times are changing.
More interesting : There is one possible replacement for Heart. Will someone use this venue as a club ?

What a fun. My personal opinion : Space is not existing anymore. To use the name is only to use the brand , nothing else. Its not space then , its a venue called space. Rest in Peace . Its the same : It will never be again a Ku , El Divino or Heart. Or Festival Club or someting else. Times are changing.
More interesting : There is one possible replacement for Heart. Will someone use this venue as a club ?

Hi,

Space is a legendary club because :

- Opening & closing parties Line-Up
- Opening & closing parties location flight area
- Entry to Space at 2AM > Go out at 7AM > Go to one of grocery shop front of "Space" > drink a GIN or Vodka or Rhum > Go to Space after party at 8AM
- Most awarded club in the world
- Best music
- The best atmosphere
- Best time ever on the terrace at 3PM
- Carl Cox all night long ......

This club never dies, it were my best years on the island..... Sundays at Space, In bed with Space, Monza, Carl Cox Revolution, We Love Space and many many more !
I want to believe, I hope this place can come back
with the same atmosphere!

Hi,

- Entry to Space at 2AM > Go out at 7AM > Go to one of grocery shop front of "Space" > drink a GIN or Vodka or Rhum > Go to Space after party at 8AM
- Best music
- The best atmosphere

This club never dies, it were my best years on the island..... Sundays at Space, In bed with Space, Monza, Carl Cox Revolution, We Love Space and many many more !

I agree it was an amazing time, but I'm sorry, 80% of what you list above simply can't come back with the current legislation on the island. if suddenly real daytime clubbing was allowed again I'd be the first to support the return of an afterhours venue, but as it stands, let's just the legend be the legend it was.

Hi,

- Best music
- The best atmosphere

Sundays on the Terrace, halcyon days

I’d like to see Matutes take a run at converting Privilege to Space.

As much as I hate to say that, Pepe just isn’t a very good businessman and doesn’t have the money/power/venues to do Space any justice. Pepe doesn’t even have the official branding anymore.

Also, if you want after hours at Space, you need to go to Miami.

I agree it was an amazing time, but I'm sorry, 80% of what you list above simply can't come back with the current legislation on the island. if suddenly real daytime clubbing was allowed again I'd be the first to support the return of an afterhours venue, but as it stands, let's just the legend be the legend it was.
True. I’ll be the first one to be happy to see Space back but unfortunately whatever concept or venue they are going to link to that name and brand, it’s just simply never going to be the same.

Hi,

- Best music
- The best atmosphere

Just be happy it happened and that you were there to enjoy it. Things have moved on, for better or worse.

Not on the same level , was just a night but but 12-15 years ago , la troya ( who was Amnesia biggest night during that time ) from the promoter Brasilero moved to space …
Amnesia couldn’t handle it and did his own troya night . Many people thought it was the same …
Space reopening in ibiza , 95% of the people won’t know that it’s not Rosello behind …
Kind of marketing only …
But Matutes want all the part of the cake it seem because he doesn’t really need to use the space brand with what he already have IMO
He is just playing 😏

Back