Space Closing 2016

each to their own, but I think el_loco's view on it is a very pessimistic one.

I mean yes of course it will be busy, but I am actually convinced it's not going to be worse than any of the other big and very busy closing parties. the bottleneck situation when the car park closes has always been there and that won't change for this year, but as always, refuge to el salon or premier etage for a while until people start leaving.

and I'm sure the vibe will be something else.

just to add - they've stopped selling tickets for carl cox closing for a reason. space knows there are only that and that many people the venue can hold.

I'm not sure if i dreamt this or not, but i could swear that i've read somewhere about there maybe being a 2nd outdoor area open... Only thing is, i can't find where i thought i read it, so it probably was just part of a dream one night...

:lol:

each to their own, but I think el_loco's view on it is a very pessimistic one.

I mean yes of course it will be busy, but I am actually convinced it's not going to be worse than any of the other big and very busy closing parties. the bottleneck situation when the car park closes has always been there and that won't change for this year, but as always, refuge to el salon or premier etage for a while until people start leaving.

and I'm sure the vibe will be something else.

I kind of agree with this. I'm probably way off, but from my experience of other clubs or nights closing, when there is so much hype around an event and so much talk of how big it's going to be, sometimes people get put off. Example is the closing of The End back in 2009. Yes, of course it was busy, but not 3 mile queues like everyone predicted. I know a few people that have been to every Space Closing since 2006 and they aren't going to the final closing for fear of it ruining their view of it. I.e. They have enough memories.

However, I'm sure it will of course be busy as it is every year.

My pals have just came back and did Coxy said it was the most rammed filled event of the week they was there (most uncomfortable at times with alot of scuffling), and they did circoloco aswell which says something.

In my opinion, i can understand the above post with enough memorys, Ive got enough memorys of Space and will be seeing CC at WHP, and will also be doing afterlife for one last dance at Space so not too fussed about missing it.

I just hope for those who do go they arnt surrounded by the film squad folk who just their to stand and film just to put on social media and not show any interest in anything else

Would be interesting to see the stats on this particular thread! How many views its getting every day with people itching to know the details! haha

I had a look at last years closing, looked as though first line up announcements, tickets etc all announced mid September but obviously this year is different...WE'VE GOT TO KEEP OUR COMPOSURE!!!

Back