Solomun +1 @ PACHA 2022 - Reviews & Reports

Fingers crossed for Sunday … what is the general feeling regarding Boys Noize ? I love his remix of Solomun’s track Home but wonder quite what sort of stuff he will play … presume they are old friends since both from Hamburg … plus I will finally settle the drink we owe you from 2018 S+1 closing
Hey. my expectation after what I've read here about the last few nights is really good. Still, I don't know what to expect from this guest. I have a fear of being something heavy for techno. The important thing is for solomun to make a good closing, and who knows, at the closing level of 2018 with adriatique and 2019 with keinemusik, important guests. Btw I've been reading about drug contamination on the island about 2Cb and that the news is drowning it out, is this true?
It would be nice if we all had a drink there.

Guys, At the day of closing Do you recommend a place there in the port to have a few drinks before entering? I'm going alone this time. If someone want join me, feel invited. I have no plans for the afternoon either

Guys, At the day of closing Do you recommend a place there in the port to have a few drinks before entering? I'm going alone this time. If someone want join me, feel invited. I have no plans for the afternoon either

plaza de parque is a good place to start since a lot of the bars on the first line of the port won't be open anymore

Can recommend bar Maravillas for cocktails. Small authentic bar that opens early, around the corner at the croissant show.

For a quick bite head over to tiki taco. Delicious, cheap, friendly and fast. Open till 1AM. Cocktails looked good as well. Was also recommended by @stivi before.

Last edited:
Can recommend bar Maravillas for cocktails. Small authentic bar that opens early, around the corner at the croissant show.

For a quick bite head over to tiki taco. Delicious, cheap, friendly and fast. Open till 1AM. Cocktails looked good as well. Was also recommended by @stivi before.
Thank you for the suggestions man. I Will consideer. Someone talk me about IT ibiza btw

An Excerpt from the fantastic New Yorker profile on Solomun 🤣:

"During the pandemic, he began to favor grittier and more energetic music. When he resumed d.j.’ing, his sets reflected this change. Indeed, at some recent shows, Solomun has played as many as six tracks by Matt Guy—a producer from Nottingham who creates sledgehammer rave tracks like “Krupa” and “Party Starter.” Solomun’s support has transformed Guy’s career. In Europe, he is now played on mainstream radio. “I’ve always been a massive fan of Solomun,” Guy told me. “But never in a million years would I have expected him to play something like ‘Party Starter.’ ”

Solomun told me that he was simply broadening his outlook. “This year, I really dig and love this kind of nineties sound . . . breakbeat, a little bit trance-y, almost Robin S.-style, but in a fresh way,” he said. “But these days I love more and more styles, and it’s getting harder and harder to build bridges during the sets. For me, that’s the big challenge.”

The changes haven’t delighted everyone. On a message board, one clubber who attended Solomun+1 in 2022 complained of the “weird shit” he played; another declared that he was at “the end of the road” with Solomun. After Solomun played a rowdy set in London, a fan wrote on Instagram, “I love your music you really need to go back to your old stuff though!”

Solomun doesn’t read online comments and has social-media accounts only because they are necessary for work. He says he knows that, when you change your sound, “sometimes you’re losing people”—but this can be hard to gauge. Whenever he looks out from his booth, he sees a sea of happy ravers."

Full article:
We covered this on the gossip forum last week. Solly may not read social media but the New Yorker certainly does as both those comments were made on this thread on this forum! I made the ‘end of the road’ comment. Waiting for commission Mr New Yorker (I know you are reading this!)

5 months on, I stand by the comment. I have completely lost interest in hearing him again after going in May. The comments on this thread suggest little has changed and the tracks posted sound flippin awful to my ears. Historically, he has adapted his style annually and often weekly, but this years output is a million miles away from his halcyon days imo.

But that doesn’t really matter. he’s been hugely popular most of the summer so he can cope without my €70. Interesting to see there has been a significant drop off since September. I’d say that’s normal, but some other places have been packed out by all accounts.

Having been a clubbing for three decades, the reality is most of my favourite DJs over that time have adapted and I’ve often lost interest. Tastes evolve, even if we would still like to go back to our favourites when we enjoyed them most.

Last edited:
Long story but we have two spare tickets for closing available in case anyone on the island wants to go … (I had a problem reselling on Ticketswap) … message me or I will look back here in a bit …

Back