Solomun +1 @ Pacha 2017

So we went last night (Sven Vath) and since we came from Rumors actually arrived at just before 12 and had to queue to wait for them to open the doors and was about the 25 or so people in there. Whilst we knew Solomun was on first was amazed to see him doing the whole warm up from 12.05 no music when we walked and my wife joked it was like being there at the end. Was really great to see Solomun warm up for just under three hours and whilst it was very busy it wasn't in any way unbearable there was room to get about in our favourite spot upstairs. Since we are pacing ourselves for mates arrival tomorrow we stayed for about 1.45 hours of Sven and thought he started pretty melodic too and the harder stuff only started as we left at 4.45.

On another note Rumors was busy too .. we arrived at 10 ish which was later than we wanted to but it was heaving and we hadn't realised that they had switched to the main stage as last year was on the back smaller set up. Sound wasn't great but Guy Gerber played a nice and we left at 11.40 ish for Pacha ... glad we arrived when we did as not many times will get to see Solomun play from the very start.

I will give a fuller review later as still a bit mangled, but Jesus, Sven's set was my set of the year so far! He was smashing it out the park. OMG and vinyl on that Pacha sound system is like honey out of a pot - beautiful. Both Sven and Solomun on tremendous form.

yep great night! almost impossible to find a good place to dance - Zapclub i bet i was near you but man the place was slammed. not sure i'd do that again w/o a table as i'm not going in the middle of that mosh pit aka the dance floor :)

I thought Sven was great... didn't realize Solomun would be on at 12... didn't even go until after 2. d'oh! lasted until 6-something...

and yes Rumors was very good too... Bedouin was a bit too monotonous for my taste but Gerber was pretty good so all in all a good night!

Just back from Pacha. Nice set from Mind Against and Solomun was smashing it as we left!
Need to save my energies for Dc10 tomorrow though

Just back from Pacha. Nice set from Mind Against and Solomun was smashing it as we left!
Need to save my energies for Dc10 tomorrow though

No B2b today ... Mind Against closed ... had the feeling Solomun might not have been 100% fit as he left quite quickly after his set finished at 5am ... Mind Against played until close at 7.40 ... top night

Last edited:
Seasion taking its toll on him? Or just unwell?

I don't know how djs do it. Traveling all round the word, playing in several different counties in a weeks, even days. Bound to take its toll after a while.

think he just felt unwell (stomach from what I've heard). but true, touring schedules of the most popular DJs are crazy and I'm never surprised when they get sick every now and then

I've got some friends landing around 01:30/02:00 on Sunday. Tickets purchased through Spotlight are saying last entry at 2AM - is this actually enforced and are they better buying from the usual outlets?

I've got some friends landing around 01:30/02:00 on Sunday. Tickets purchased through Spotlight are saying last entry at 2AM - is this actually enforced and are they better buying from the usual outlets?

they can enforce it, but mostly don‘t, unless the venue is at capacity.

Back